User Tag List

First 56789 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Little_Sticks View Post
    I think you should ask me again.
    I already know the answer.

Okay, maybe you meant something else about the posters in that thread. It's hard to read you. You come off like there's always a chip on your shoulder and can't be bothered to explain yourself clearly. There's always some kind of condescension to what you write.

Not that you probably care, but if I misunderstand you, you can tell me and that'll be the end of it. I'm not perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    I already know the answer.
    I'm a little curious. What is it that you think you know about me?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Who would have predicted that this thread would go in this direction? Shocking, Watson, shocking!

I think people who prefer vanilla over chocolate are all crazy. There, see? N types can make stupid statements, too.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    2w5 sx

Why are we talking about icecream? Its making me hungry

Enneagram
    9w8

"Everybody is a genius but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid." Albert Einstein.

I think, in many ways, that intelligence is relavent to the values of those doing the measuring. Therefore, whether sensors or intuitives are smarter wholly depends upon the context and upon the development of individuals.
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=61024&page=14
    Likes Julius_Van_Der_Beak, yama, 21% liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by avaxtskyr View Post
    Regarding the following...

Sensors:

• Not creative; unimaginative
    • Don't see the 'big picture'
    • Have significantly lower IQs than N-types
    • Incapable of making connections

What are your thoughts?
    Do you have any to add?
    Partially true. You can Google for studies showing that the best correlation with high IQ is dominant Introverted Intuition. It's a future-based, pattern finding, function. That's what IQ does. Ne can also more loosely be correlated with IQ which makes sense given it's still-pattern-finding nature.

The classic definition of intelligence is to see past the concrete and see the intangible, creative connections that aren't so obvious. The definition is heavily skewed towards intuition. Nonetheless, it's the parameter we're using. So yes, the above has some substance.

I don't agree at all with the above list. My middle daughter is an Esfp, as part of her college curriculum she was required to take a psychology course. She confessed a full semester after that she could not understand the material and would not take another Psych class again. In contrast, it would be a dream come true for me if I went to college majoring in Psych. And I accept and understand she has different interests and strengths than mine, and its okay. I think there are so many people who get involved in personality typing system who lose the original purpose behind learning about personality types. And instead end up misinterpreting and abusing the system in terms of boosting their own ego, engage is pigeon-holing, and indulge in unfair stereotyping. Also, My daughter is a gifted athlete and very popular amongst her peers, she has no lack of interest or adequacy within those realms.

If I remember David Keirsey's book is entitled "Please Understand Me II" and Isabella Meyers-Briggs wrote "Gifts Differing".

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

I love science, but more of the geological and biological. I liked and did okay in physics, but didn't like chemistry. I hated calculus with a passion. Overall, college sucked for me.

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

I really don't get "intuition". I consider myself to be smart and creative, and I do some abstract thinking, but I'm pretty realistic and literal. I'll make connections when I need to and not just for the sake of it.

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Chainsaw View Post
    Partially true. You can Google for studies showing that the best correlation with high IQ is dominant Introverted Intuition. It's a future-based, pattern finding, function. That's what IQ does. Ne can also more loosely be correlated with IQ which makes sense given it's still-pattern-finding nature.

The classic definition of intelligence is to see past the concrete and see the intangible, creative connections that aren't so obvious. The definition is heavily skewed towards intuition. Nonetheless, it's the parameter we're using. So yes, the above has some substance.
    The thing about these studies is don't they usually deal with self reported mbti's? There's a big problem already with that, given many smarter sensors could easily test as N and believe themselves to be N based on the nature of the tests. I mean, like I previously posted, in my 20's, had I been part of this study, I would have have added to the number of High IQ INxJ's, thinking I was one, mostly due to stereotypes about sensors. Incorrectly. And, if mbti practitioners happen to unconsciously or consciously type someone as N due to their ability to see the big picture, that also feeds into potential issues with studies such as this.

Anyhow, ability is different from preference. I have the aptitude to do really well at analysis and logic components of tests, and did well at iq type tests, but the truth is, in my day to day life, in my conversations (or lack of), what I care about, what I find important vs pointless, I really don't find much value in theoretical talks, quickly can find them to be pointless, can become very bored with them if they drag on, and I have a strong preference for the world around me. And though I test well in logic, math, whatnot, none of that is at all evident when conversing with me because I really don't use that as my prime lens of approaching the world, like at all. Though I spend a lot of time in my head, it's become clear to me that little of what goes on in my head has anything to do with what intuitives muse over, or their conversations. I'm pretty darn grounded I think. I have existential issues and think I contemplate 'deep things' for sure, as do I think most sensors, as do most human beings tbh, I think though I, and maybe other sensors, don't allow myself to get lost in them, and at the end of the day I tend to find these things not so important in the grand scheme, or maybe more accurately, I'm not willing to 'waste' my time talking about things that by nature may not ever have an answer, vs being alive and enjoying the world around me - because that's far more real to me than a world of thoughts. (not that intuitives differ that much, am just explaining my pov)
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ
    Likes highlander, Fun in the Sun liked this post