User Tag List

First 45678 Last

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    You could use intuition unconsciously. That emphatic "NO" makes me less likely to take your comments seriously.

What propagates this absurdity? The closed-minded people who only put value in what is "considered" S.
    Putting value in only one or the other is equally absurd.
    ok, point taken. It was more to show a real life example that was pretty much the exact opposite of what I quoted.

Agree that both have value. It seems like N types tend to put quite a bit of emphasis on S being stupid. I do get the stereotype of "stupid" pinned on me. I say seem, because its all a perception thing and what seems to be isn't always the case.
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by great_bay View Post
    That has nothing to do with my main point in which N's are usually scientist due to S not preferring intuitive function.
    Correct, it has nothing to do with the first sentence, just all the other sentences after it. I tend to not just see the main point, but read and comment on whatever is written I agree or disagree with. I don't generally look at a main point when I read, I read to try to see the whole picture. Computer Programming is a Science Major that revolves heavily around abstraction, I have no problems with abstraction, I try not to take it much beyond functional though as it just starts to seem pointless. When people abstract to much to me it starts to just sound like a sales pitch and I fall asleep. I want into the guts and the details of everything, not some abstract 100000foot view of things. All I hear when people talk in to high of an abstraction is lets see how many buzz words we can create or use in as short as time as possible.
    Im out, its been fun

Quote Originally Posted by Poki View Post
    It seems like N types tend to put quite a bit of emphasis on S being stupid. I do get the stereotype of "stupid" pinned on me. I say seem, because its all a perception thing and what seems to be isn't always the case.
    I've read your posts for years, hardly stupid. If I want stupidity, I could read certain INTJ/INTP posts. Stupidity is not type-specific. I have equal quantities of vanilla and chocolate ice cream in my freezer. Why would someone like me bash anyone who prefers vanilla or chocolate? I might have a preference for vanilla, but that doesn't mean I don't eat chocolate all the time. Preference for one does not negate use of the other. The same can be said of N and S.

well,,,,,,

The S people I've been around have always been concrete people, they don't want to think too much about the abstract or philosophize our existence. They don't want to look deeper than what they need to do to live their lives in a way they think is best. It's a different mentality, where experiencing everything around them becomes a lot more important than exploring the nature of what's around them. It can be frustrating dealing with them sometimes because it causes a lot of them to form fast conclusions (jump to conclusions) about things and people. Of course, this also means Ns tend to spend too much time playing passenger with the world around them, sometimes making things seem way more complicated than they are or perhaps forming abstract ideas that are tenuously relatable to reality, almost a schizophrenic way of thinking.

That said, I struggle a lot with feeling ... bored around S types. So I wouldn't call them stupid; but from my position of what intrigues me, I find most of them ...well vapid to say it bluntly.

Quote Originally Posted by Little_Sticks View Post
    The S people I've been around have always been concrete people, they don't want to think too much about the abstract or philosophize our existence. They don't want to look deeper than what they need to do to live their lives in a way they think is best.
    Much of what you just described as an S problem can be found in the responses to the OP in this thread:

War is Beautiful

Posted by so-called iNtuitives. Oh, the irony.

It's funny you do mention that now. I remember that thread, making it and wanting to discuss the beauty of rebirth in destruction. Instead, no one (other than I think Halla, if I remember correctly) really had the patience to see past the fact that I saw any kind of beauty in destruction, that I made the connection between there sometimes being humanistic progress as a result of war. Perhaps I didn't articulate clearly enough or maybe I expected people to be open-minded enough to help expound upon the discussion.

But yes, it is very ironic, that you seem to lack enough patience to understand where people are coming from, yet think it's okay to criticize them anyway. And who are you exactly?

It's funny you do mention that now. I remember that thread, making it and wanting to discuss the beauty of rebirth in destruction. Instead, no one really had the patience to see past the fact that I saw any kind of beauty in destruction, that I made the connection between there sometimes being humanistic progress as a result of war. Perhaps I didn't articulate clearly enough or maybe I expected people to be open-minded enough to help expound upon the discussion.

But yes, it is very ironic, that you seem to lack enough patience to understand where people are coming from, yet think it's okay to criticize them for it. And who are you exactly?
    You missed the point. Are you S?

You're really not that smart.

You're really not that smart.
    Are you S?

I think you should ask me again. Seeing you compartmentalize MBTI in a manner you're always criticizing is a little entertaining.