First 34567 Last

MBTI
    ISFP
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by great_bay View Post
    I think most scientist types are Intuitive types
    Actual proof?
    Not just hear-say passed down by generations of internet forumites.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty6226 View Post
    To show that the sensors would make the sky blue, the trees green, ect, and show that the intuitives would make the sky purple. That was pretty much it. I could see where sure that would be an example, but I do not think it was the rule. It was pretty much an I'm an intuitive, and I have to make sure that the sensors are aware of how great I am sort of presentation.

There are different ways to be creative, I know someone who I guess is an ISFP who can draw amazingly well. She has a a natural perception that I could never have because she is able to capture all of those details and string them together in her art. My art always looked like it was drawn by a fingerless mentally disturbed clown.
    I have no reason to think that the sky is purple. However, I have thought the color is an illusion only showing according to their wavelengths. You can actually see how genders perceive color differently due to wavelengths being perceive differently to the human eye. The red brick may not actually be a red color.
    Last edited by great_bay; 04-16-2015 at 06:39 PM. Reason: add something

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by avaxtskyr View Post
    Actual proof?
    Not just hear-say passed down by generations of internet forumites.
    I don't remember. However, there's no need to be sarcastic when one is just asking for the facts.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Socionics
    IEI

I have no reason to think that the sky is purple. However, I have thought the color is an illusion only showing according to their wavelengths. You can actually see how genders perceive color differently due to wavelengths being differently.
    So anyone who agrees with you is an N-type?
    I agree with you & I'm a S-type... Now?

Anything relevant to the topic at hand?

I don't remember. However, there's no need to be sarcastic when one is just asking for the facts.
    Jinkies!

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty6226 View Post
    To show that the sensors would make the sky blue, the trees green, ect, and show that the intuitives would make the sky purple.
    Yay for being a mental 3-year-old.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Just because I beat your ass in Cards Against a Humanity doesn't mean I'm not ambitious, not smart, and not mature. I am sorry, but immaturity goes to a much deeper level than laughing at dick jokes.

Heh, not creative. Are we not called the Artisans?
    Likes avaxtskyr liked this post

MBTI
    STP

I think most scientist types are Intuitive types which involves thinking in the abstract world. I saw a study somewhere showing most most types are mostly NT's followed by NF's. I don't think S types can do what N users can. I read reports that people even had stressed when constantly asked to use their inferior function. However, I wouldn't have said that N types can think of possibilities what S types can do in a million of years. When he said, "One million years," it sounds like one-upmanship. I would had said N types usually have mastery of the abstract world while lacking the detailed world. While S have mastery of the detailed world but lack abstract world.
    LMAO. Ns go off and play in their head, Ss go off and play in the real world.

What propogates this absurdity? The closed minded people who only put value in what is "considered" N.

Its funny that N types pin "intuitive" as if its some how tied to "being correct". I work with a couple N types and I can generally run circles around them when it comes to computer programming which is actually a mixture of being abstract and not. As an S type I am considered the brain and used for processing power. Do I use intuition? NO. I use S to see whats in front of me, where they are stuck in their head trying to mentally abstract it out. What takes them days to computate, it takes me seconds to see, analyze, and get to the same place they eventually get to. So fast forward after being with this group for 6 years, I have a tremendous understanding of how every technology, framework, etc. all tie together and can explain just about any part in more detail then they can because they are stuck in their head trying to come up with new and creative while I am actually digging in, analyzing it, and using whats in front of me.

I have managed to knock the N out of technical lead due to the vast majority of knowledge of every aspect as well as my speed and judgement of priorities that need to happen in the real world.
    Im out, its been fun
    Likes Cellmold liked this post

MBTI
    STP

Real life example of me and an N. They go off on all this "theory" and "abstraction" as I can spout off all the places its used, how it can be twisted and manipulated in all these other areas, etc. But you know what, I have not actually "abstracted" it out mentally or put a name to it. A rose still exists whether you know its make up or not. It still operates as it does prior to abstracted it out. The N is our "architect" AKA engineer, and I have to go back and tweak everything so it fits in the real world nicely. The kicker is that he is so stuck in N that he puts 100 times more value in what he does then what I do, yet he falls flat on his face when someone who can actually put it to use is present. I cant tell you how much training and vacation he has missed trying to put his abstraction into play in the real world
    Im out, its been fun

Quote Originally Posted by Poki View Post

What propogates this absurdity? The closed minded people who only put value in what is "considered" N.

Its funny that N types pin "intuitive" as if its some how tied to "being correct". I work with a couple N types and I can generally run circles around them when it comes to computer programming which is actually a mixture of being abstract and not. As an S type I am considered the brain and used for processing power. Do I use intuition? NO. I use S to see whats in front of me, where they are stuck in their head trying to mentally abstract it out. What takes them days to computate, it takes me seconds to see, analyze, and get to the same place they eventually get to. So fast forward after being with this group for 6 years, I have a tremendous understanding of how every technology, framework, etc. all tie together and can explain just about any part in more detail then they can because they are stuck in their head trying to come up with new and creative while I am actually digging in, analyzing it, and using whats in front of me.

I have managed to knock the N out of technical lead due to the vast majority of knowledge of every aspect as well as my speed and judgement of priorities that need to happen in the real world.
    You could use intuition unconsciously. That emphatic "NO" makes me less likely to take your comments seriously.

What propagates this absurdity? The closed-minded people who only put value in what is "considered" S.
    Putting value in only one or the other is equally absurd.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Poki View Post

That has nothing to do with my main point in which N's are usually scientist due to S not preferring intuitive function.