First 23456 Last

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

I think there's a kind of reactionary piece to this. Intuitive types, many of us, have been made to feel stupid for our weak sensing skills for a good portion of our lives. Suddenly, upon discovering personality theory, we're validated! We have a propensity to see things differently than our sensing societal shoulds have made us feel inferior over.

This just goes to show that intuitive types are still not all smart enough to see both sides as equal but different, just as we might have felt about others who have judged us as inferior for being less detail-oriented or practical.
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.
    Likes Olm the Water King, BluRoses, N/A liked this post

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by avaxtskyr View Post
    Regarding the following...

Sensors:

• Not creative; unimaginative
    • Don't see the 'big picture'
    • Have significantly lower IQs than N-types
    • Incapable of making connections

What are your thoughts?
    Do you have any to add?
    I have noticed that S-types can be incredibly talented or incredibly annoying. It all depends. Like for example, an intelligent ESFP female can be quite seductive in my opinion.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by serenesam View Post
    I have noticed that S-types can be incredibly talented or incredibly annoying. It all depends. Like for example, an intelligent ESFP female can be quite seductive in my opinion.
    I have noticed that N-types can be incredibly talented or incredibly annoying. It all depends. Like for example, an intelligent INTJ female can be quite seductive in my opinion.

Likes Evee, Jaguar, themightyfetus liked this post

MBTI
    ENTP

Well, type indicates preference, and primary modes of being. Sensors will likely have a more grounded creativity, but also more experiential fodder. They may do less with information, but gather more of it. Type does not imply capability, but method.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    istp
    Enneagram
    gvf
    Socionics
    gfxd Ni

I think the stereotype is 100% true fuck it, what's so great about imagination and insight anyway just makes u look like a fuckin pretentious freak

MBTI
    ISFP
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Stream View Post
    I think the stereotype is 100% true fuck it, what's so great about imagination and insight anyway just makes u look like a fuckin pretentious freak
    Feedback.
    Such great.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty6226 View Post
    Yeah actually we had an MBTI presentation in college and the presenter kept talking about how intuitives think of all these amazing possibilities that the sensors would never in a million years think of. It kind of pissed me off on the behalf of the people who tested as a sensor, it isnt right to write off a whole group of people. No type should sell themselves short, there are exceptional people and not so exceptional people of every type
    I think most scientist types are Intuitive types which involves thinking in the abstract world. I saw a study somewhere showing most most types are mostly NT's followed by NF's. I don't think S types can do what N users can. I read reports that people even had stressed when constantly asked to use their inferior function. However, I wouldn't have said that N types can think of possibilities what S types can do in a million of years. When he said, "One million years," it sounds like one-upmanship. I would had said N types usually have mastery of the abstract world while lacking the detailed world. While S have mastery of the detailed world but lack abstract world.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    2w5 sx

It was something really dumb tho, like they had anyone who self identified as intuitive play with clay and then all the sensors play with clay and then they compared. They just seemed to know very little and were speaking in absolutes and stereotypes

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty6226 View Post
    It was something really dumb tho, like they had anyone who self identified as intuitive play with clay and then all the sensors play with clay and then they compared. They just seemed to know very little and were speaking in absolutes and stereotypes
    Why were they playing with clay?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    2w5 sx

To show that the sensors would make the sky blue, the trees green, ect, and show that the intuitives would make the sky purple. That was pretty much it. I could see where sure that would be an example, but I do not think it was the rule. It was pretty much an I'm an intuitive, and I have to make sure that the sensors are aware of how great I am sort of presentation.

There are different ways to be creative, I know someone who I guess is an ISFP who can draw amazingly well. She has a a natural perception that I could never have because she is able to capture all of those details and string them together in her art. My art always looked like it was drawn by a fingerless mentally disturbed clown.