User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    mostly it seems to be because someone feels disenfranchised in real life and put upon because they are "different" so they decide to hate whatever represents the enemy... often they'll take some online test with something like 20 questions, they'll conclude that they're an Intuitive (and most material online will tell them then that they are rare) and they'll decide that everyone who stands against them is a Sensor... most of these people are young whippersnappers and don't know all about the wonders of the world and it's many, many, many people yet

for a fun point on online tests, I test as an intuitive but don't identify as one... I'm a woman of action
    Yes, I agree, was also at one point disenfranchised myself, tested and believed myself to be intuitive for years, and am not.

To be fair, most tests stink, and many people (myself included) can be deluded about themselves, especially in context of trying to lump themselves into a box, it's challenging to do so given all of the misinformation and stereotypes.

Also-

Quote Originally Posted by BluRoses
    I am still fairly new here and would like to hear sensor's point of view. I'm still trying to figure out why I feel like there is a mental wall there when I talk deeply with a sensor.
    Usual caveat of there can be all kinds of reasons, can really vary from one to another, lots of variation within type, also dynamic between individuals adds complexity.

For me, I can just grow weary of theory, impatient, could become bored, at the end of the day I'm pretty pragmatic, more in tune with how things ARE and 'reality', less valuing of possibilities and abstract, though I'm capable of it - in a sense, my tending to view possibilities or ideas as pointless or wasted breath if they aren't doable or reflective of reality. And, my not being a big conversation discussion person, my preferences lie in activities and experiences.

mbti is always about preferences, not ability- and the stereotypes occur when that is forgotten, I think.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ
    Likes EJCC, highlander liked this post

MBTI
    ISFP
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by cascadeco View Post
    mbti is always about preferences, not ability- and the stereotypes occur when that is forgotten, I think.
    Beautifully put.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    2w5 sx

Yeah actually we had an MBTI presentation in college and the presenter kept talking about how intuitives think of all these amazing possibilities that the sensors would never in a million years think of. It kind of pissed me off on the behalf of the people who tested as a sensor, it isnt right to write off a whole group of people. No type should sell themselves short, there are exceptional people and not so exceptional people of every type

Google "chemtrails" Bush Did 9/11's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNtp
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    γ Ni

mostly it seems to be because someone feels disenfranchised in real life and put upon because they are "different" so they decide to hate whatever represents the enemy... often they'll take some online test with something like 20 questions, they'll conclude that they're an Intuitive (and most material online will tell them then that they are rare) and they'll decide that everyone who stands against them is a Sensor... most of these people are young whippersnappers and don't know all about the wonders of the world and it's many, many, many people yet
    I could simply 'like' this post, or I could reiterate it.

It deserves to be reiterated.

The most common target, of course, is the ESFJ, the total embodiment of 'not me and therefore unfamiliar and so therefore bad.'
    J. Scott Crothers
    aka "Bush Did 9/11"
    Founder, Truthtology, est. 1952
    Prophet and Channel, God Almighty
    Author, the Holy scripture Elevenetics

"Just as jet fuel cannot melt steel beams, so too cannot the unshakeable pillars of Truthtology ever be shaken, whether by man, nature, or evidence."
    - Elevenetics
    Likes BluRoses liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

I swear most MBTI type descriptions online are written by N types. They're so biased and inaccurate. As someone who has tested as an ISTJ once or twice, I would take exception to being compared to a mindless footsoldier who blindly adheres to tradition and is incapable of original thought. Especially since my brother is an ISTJ, and he's one of the most intelligent people I know.
    Likes BluRoses, yama liked this post

Ss generally have terrible descriptions online. I would say even the ones with comparatively good descriptions only manage to make S types sound not-dumb compared to their N counterparts.

I think Keirsey has a lot to do with this. If I am not mistaken he was one of the earliest people to write descriptions of personalities and if you read his description you'd think that N types are geniuses and S types are their special cousins.

He went out of his way to get down on his knees for the N types though he is possibly a S type himself.

Fuck you old man.
    Likes EJCC, yama, Cygnus liked this post

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by riva View Post
    Ss generally have terrible descriptions online. I would say even the ones with comparatively good descriptions only manage to make S types sound not-dumb compared to their N counterparts.

I think Keirsey has a lot to do with this. If I am not mistaken he was one of the earliest people to write descriptions of personalities and if you read his description you'd think that N types are geniuses and S types are their special cousins.

He went out of his way to get down on his knees for the N types though he is possibly a S type himself.

Fuck you old man.
    +1
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Fuck you old man.
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/mbti-tm-and-jungian-cognitive-functions/55280-david-keirsey.html Dirty ole keirsey
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Fuck you old man.
    He is actually an INTP, but he definitely does show some bias towards N's in his descriptions.
    "ENFJ- The Diplomat Champion (will take on crusades and WILL kill every last mfr in the room!)" ~Xander

Enneagram: You are a Type 2 with a 3 wing: "The Helper Advocate"

Your trifix is 2w3, 6w5, 1w9.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

every time a nice sensor tries to go over a few ways to be more aware of one's environment and in tune with one's surroundings some N who thinks that claiming to be 100% N and 0% S is both realistic and makes them special will chime in and say "I can't!"

I can see the big picture just fine... and you can see your surroundings quite well as well (you meaning any N, not just you)
    If someone is 100% N, I'm not sure they would be alive. I think it is important to remember to feed yourself sometimes.
    Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    St. Stephen took rocks and St. Sebastian took arrows. You only have to take some jerks on an internet forum. Nut up.