First 123

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9 sp
    Socionics
    SEI Si

Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    I have a thread or two here on the awfulness of ISFP type descriptions, although I've never been quite sure if it was due to my own mistyping of the ISFP type. So I've taken the perspective of one who is seeking to know if - there is really such thing as ISFP types - or - if the ISFP type is actually two different types - or something along those lines.

So I feel I should agree with you. I would rather feel like my typings were correct and that the ISFP descriptions - and stereotypes - really are THAT terrible.

What would you consider good type descriptions? Do any of the types have a good type description? Thanks
    “A spoonful of honey attracts more flies than a barrelful of vinegar.” -St. Francis de Sales

"This is the very perfection of a man, to find out his own imperfections."-Saint Augustine

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9 sp
    Socionics
    SEI Si

I am always typed as an ISFP by these online tests but could never really believe it because of the descriptions. Some seemed to really fit me, but then there others, with chunks of the descriptions that did not describe me at all, yet seemed key to the type. To be honest I have always felt stuck between ISFP and ISFJ. The De Nardio and celebrity types function test both tell me I am an ISFJ as well as some forum members who helped me out. The descriptions can be frustrating. One description said most ISFPs are good looking and can easily be recognized from their unique personal style, like they are all good looking and they all choose personal style as a medium for expression. The descriptions I think cause a lot of problems, maybe not, I don't know. Apparently they do. Fuck em'
    “A spoonful of honey attracts more flies than a barrelful of vinegar.” -St. Francis de Sales

"This is the very perfection of a man, to find out his own imperfections."-Saint Augustine

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Generalist View Post
    I am always typed as an ISFP by these online tests but could never really believe it because of the descriptions. Some seemed to really fit me, but then there others, with chunks of the descriptions that did not describe me at all, yet seemed key to the type. To be honest I have always felt stuck between ISFP and ISFJ. The De Nardio and celebrity types function test both tell me I am an ISFJ as well as some forum members who helped me out. The descriptions can be frustrating. One description said most ISFPs are good looking and can easily be recognized from their unique personal style, like they are all good looking and they all choose personal style as a medium for expression. The descriptions I think cause a lot of problems, maybe not, I don't know. Apparently they do. Fuck em'
    Maybe you can solve it here: Myers-Briggs: Are You Judging Or Perceiving? | BrainFall
    "If you try to build something that is idiot-proof, the universe will build a better idiot."
    Likes Generalist liked this post

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ni

We're not supposed to use hard swear words in places like avatars on this forum, by the way.

- - - Updated - - -

What would you consider good type descriptions? Do any of the types have a good type description? Thanks
    Avoiding Keirsey would be a start.
    "If you try to build something that is idiot-proof, the universe will build a better idiot."

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9 sp
    Socionics
    SEI Si

Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    We're not supposed to use hard swear words in places like avatars on this forum, by the way.

- - - Updated - - -

Avoiding Keirsey would be a start.

Thanks for the tips! I will switch over to something a bit more tactful.

You are what you love themightyfetus's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sx
    Socionics
    ESE Si

"Sensitive, soulful artists with a kind word for everyone"
    Yet I know, if I stepped aside
    Released the controls, you would open my eyes
    That somehow, all of this mess
    Is just my attempt to know the worth of my life

Mercury - Sleeping At Last

3w2 // 6w7 // 9w1

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w5

We are the serious, deep, hands-on, soulful artists. ISFp socionics seem like friendly, slacker artists that paint happy little trees. Tert ni looks deeper than that.
    Likes ThaumaturgicTheorist liked this post

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w5

The depth though is expressed aesthetically

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w5

Bringing inner beauty outward, showing inner beauty and beauty of the object out, kind of enhance it through art but to show it as things really are.....jesus i suck at decribing things

Senior Member ThaumaturgicTheorist's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9? sp

And then there's those of us with few aesthetic sensibilities - I like beautiful things as much as anyone else, but I can't draw or decorate for shit. Apparently I'm a pretty good writer, though...not sure how good I am at physical descriptions. Maybe I should try to write some and see what people think.
    ISFP/ESI
    9w1-3w4-6w5 sp/so
    Solitary>Sensitive=Serious

"My cognitive functions include Introverted Feeling and Introverted Suffering."
    Likes ñoño liked this post

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• :bye:
  • :hi:
  • :)
  • :hug:
  • :happy2:
  • :smile:
  • :wubbie:
  • :D
  • :wink:
  • ;)