• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ESTP] An ESTP broke off all contact with me. That type doesn't change their minds, right?

NancyD

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I already know the answer but sometimes I wonder if there is a slim chance to keep in touch. ESTPs aren't like that though, right?

And it was a complete door slam too - like an INFJ door slam.

Mychemicalkilljoy

MBTI Type
NOPE
Awe that sucks. I hope it's okay now. I feel ya. My XSTP ex door slammed me too. Why do they do that? We got along amazingly well until he shut me out.

NancyD

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Thanks. This person wasn't an ex. It's seems like a permanent door slam. I was just curious if they tend to experience more flexibility with the door slam since they're really P, but I think this case has no flexibility.

boomslang

friendly and accessible
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Why would they cut you off?

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I was not aware it was something an ESTP would do.

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ask [MENTION=12103]Poki[/MENTION]

NancyD

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Why would they cut you off?

Oh, any sane person would have done it. I shouldn't have even started the thread. Honestly, I would be too embarrassed to keep in touch after how I behaved anyway. I had some traits come out that I didn't even know existed and it was during the time we interacted. I didn't even know I had them before so I had no techniques for it or anything.

Aside from the specific reason for my experience, I am not too surprised if ESTPs in general can do that because they have the INFJ shadow and INFJs do the door slam.

Eluded_One

Building muscle memory in my brain
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I already know the answer but sometimes I wonder if there is a slim chance to keep in touch. ESTPs aren't like that though, right?

I'm sure all NF's doorslam when ideals aren't being met (example: negligence). Other types would doorslam out of disrespect and other various reasons.

boomslang

friendly and accessible
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oh, any sane person would have done it. I shouldn't have even started the thread. Honestly, I would be too embarrassed to keep in touch after how I behaved anyway. I had some traits come out that I didn't even know existed and it was during the time we interacted. I didn't even know I had them before so I had no techniques for it or anything.

Aside from the specific reason for my experience, I am not too surprised if ESTPs in general can do that because they have the INFJ shadow and INFJs do the door slam.

Then I don't think this has much to do with MBTI, to be honest.

NancyD

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Then I don't think this has much to do with MBTI, to be honest.

Yes, the initial door slam does not. I just had a fleeting moment of thinking maybe a P wouldn't be so definite and final, but no......

Saviithesavage

MBTI Type
Estp
Enneagram
I'm an estp girl & lemme tell you one thing, one of my worst traits is my stubbornness. I will hold a grudge till death do me part. most of the time it's not me doing the cutting off tho Bc I'm someone who always has something to say & will argue until I get the last word Always. However when it does fall out w/ someone I usually just forget about it and move on in life unless that person actually meant aomethinf to me then it might lowkey bother me
To the point of me hitting them up again. But I'm a very firm believer in if you love someone or feel any sort of way towards someone TO TELL THEM. Life is too short you could be gone tommorow & would have never said what you needed wanted to say to someone. So I always try to stay true if I miss someone depending on the cicusmstances I will hit them up.

EzStartThatParty

Me too. Life is too short not to tell them you had feelings for them. If they cheated, I never take em back. Ever. I still might tell them I loved em. Only one would I have taken back but that was yesterday. Now, I never will. Also. If I am healthy and right, I dont waste time on "maybe" girls. Waste of fucking time.

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
Regardless the dynamic would never be what it was; personally I try not to burn bridges; but I have essentially cut people off before. When I do see them, its not the way it was; it's strictly business. I have made a few reconciliations in time, but that depended on a few things. And even so I'm still very professionally disinterested in them beyond what has reunited us in the moment. For a romantic partner; however, things are different...at least for me...

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I've slammed the door on several people. Sometimes their foot gets stuck in the door and they break it in the process. Oh well.

Numbly Aware

I wanna fcken feel right
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I've slammed the door on several people. Sometimes their foot gets stuck in the door and they break it in the process. Oh well.

I want you to be my nurse. :wubbie: sensei

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus

I read this and thought "man, that sounds painfully familiar," and then I realized that we are the same type straight through.

The wise will only fuck up this badly once though. We all have dark periods, just don't repeat it.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
It is something any type can do if you upset them enough.
Yea it is. Humans, amirite? This is a relatively old thread, I probably wouldn't say the same thing now as back then.

Sacrophagus

Mastermind Fieldmarshal
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
If someone deems the relationship as useless after a long introspection, and then comes to that verdict, then yes, Sayonara is Sayonara. There is no way to convince the person unless you have really changed. Not the "I'm acting like a new person just to get you back" . We'll see right through you.

Presumptuous Pepper

MBTI Type
XXXX
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx

yo! I did this once...I wouldn't reply ever again out of pure pride or something similar. If you send messages, it's just ego stroking.