Permabanned
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by pureheart9 View Post
    Yep, definitely a 4. And there's nothing I'd rather be
    Why is that.

Are you in grade/primary school, by any chance?

These types make up approximately 37% of the population. I wonder if it's like this for every type, or if there are some who get along with basically everyone.
    I get along with most people. There're a lot of people I don't actively like, but I can usually at least have a conversation with someone without wanting to slap them upside the head.

Usually.
    Likes Hard liked this post

Senior Member TheCheeseBurgerKing's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by BadOctopus View Post
    This is why typology can be a double-edged sword. On the one hand, it can be useful when trying to understand different temperaments. But to borrow a phrase from @Hard, if you pigeon-hole all the people around you into types, you're not really seeing them. You can fall into the habit of stereotyping everybody before you even get to know them. Believe me, I've done it in the past.

Yall got it right. I wish that I never ran into typology all the time. It sucks really bad.

Problem is that its addicting. Haha. It becomes pretty scary accurate once you finally get it all right.

I think the worse thing that you can do with it (Ive done this) is forget to think and give someone a negative stereotype in your head with out realizing it when they dont deserve it. Lol. Ive done this. You cant forget to seperate people from their type.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE

ENFP- same as ESFP, but less arrogant and more accommodating. Like they think they're doing a good deed by talking to me.
    It would be because I want to get to know you, not because I think I'm doing a good deed... I have other outlets for that like volunteer work.
    “We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we’re curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.” -Walt Disney

MBTI
    STP

I generally dont care to be around ALOT of people There are a small handful I do though. I dont generally break it down by type, but I probably could like you. I get along best with STP and NFP. Js are usually to much J for me, the exception would be INFJ. I dont fit some of the standard ISTP stereotypes though when it comes to relationships or interacting with people.

I wouldnt worry, 37% is still a big number when it comes to head count. So you walk in a room of 100 people and get along with 37 of them. Sounds good to me.
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    xNFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Poki View Post
    I generally dont care to be around ALOT of people There are a small handful I do though. I dont generally break it down by type, but I probably could like you. I get along best with STP and NFP. Js are usually to much J for me, the exception would be INFJ. I dont fit some of the standard ISTP stereotypes though when it comes to relationships or interacting with people.

I wouldnt worry, 37% is still a big number when it comes to head count. So you walk in a room of 100 people and get along with 37 of them. Sounds good to me.
    I tend to break it down by type. I can't relate to most people and I'm good at categorizing, so I tend to judge/stereotype. That method is usually pretty accurate. Mine are more specific though, because I can't really group the types I like together (for example, I dislike ESTJs but love ISTJs). It seems really limited and sometimes I feel like I'm antisocial or something. You seem pretty cool. I definitely wouldn't rule out that we're the same type.
    ISTP... I think
    4w5 The Bohemian
    Sx/So
    Hufflepuff
    Chaotic Good
    ~The crowd hates me because I refuse to let anyone stand alone~

good, hot, fresh, fly ~ laterlazer's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    592 sp

I think it's bad to categorize people like that and just rule off types that way. Every type has their positives and negatives, the same way every human does. You've basically made assumptions on the few people you've met in reality that had certain types and concluded everyone within that type is that way. It seems you've practically ruled out the types you've come to the conclusion you dislike as being your own type too, so because of your own pre-judgements you may even be over-looking your actual personality type.
    Likes Hard, BadOctopus, Passacaglia, Showbread liked this post

MBTI
    STP

I tend to break it down by type. I can't relate to most people and I'm good at categorizing, so I tend to judge/stereotype. That method is usually pretty accurate. Mine are more specific though, because I can't really group the types I like together (for example, I dislike ESTJs but love ISTJs). It seems really limited and sometimes I feel like I'm antisocial or something. You seem pretty cool. I definitely wouldn't rule out that we're the same type.
    I cant relate to most people, I just listen and accept what they say as them. Once I get to know them I will argue with a person who they are. Not personality wise, but action/thought process, emotional process, etc. I am very big on truth. I dont know you enough to know your type, if thats a picture of you my initial guess would be F.

On a side note, I think we have 2 different sides of our personality. We have our natural personality and our learned personality. Our life will influence our learned personality, but it will always have a twist of our natural personality.
    Im out, its been fun
    Likes Passacaglia liked this post

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Yep, definitely a 4. And there's nothing I'd rather be
    There's no way you are an ISTP. You seem like an NFP.

I saw somebody mention Keirsey and I want to chime in. If you are going by Keirsey to type yourself, that is a big mistake. I personally type completely differently in Keirsey to my actual type. I'm an ENTJ going by his work.
    7w8 8w7 3w4 sp/sx

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by laterlazer View Post
    I think it's bad to categorize people like that and just rule off types that way. Every type has their positives and negatives, the same way every human does. You've basically made assumptions on the few people you've met in reality that had certain types and concluded everyone within that type is that way. It seems you've practically ruled out the types you've come to the conclusion you dislike as being your own type too, so because of your own pre-judgements you may even be over-looking your actual personality type.
    This. I also think getting along with people is a choice. Just because people make you feel something doesn't mean you have to treat them a certain way. It's also important to introspect and figure out why certain people/things trigger emotions. Sometimes it has more to do with personal baggage than it does other people's behavior.
    Friends, waffles, work

"The problem is, when you depend on a substitute for love, you can never get enough" - Louis Cozolino

3w2 6w7 1w2
    *Gryffindor*