User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Quote Originally Posted by htb View Post
    You just described the prototypical ISTP.

Congratulations, you're on the first step to recovery!
    I'd definitely say I'm more of an extrovert than an introvert. I love being around people, but the typical conversation bores the crap out of me. I'd rather be doing stuff with people. I like to get to the point and move on, Not sit around and talk about what could be.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizm View Post
    What do you mean by so tuned into your environment? I get so much stimulation from high sensory situations that I have to leave the place. Are you aware of like the whips of people's hands from across the room with your back turned? How deep does this go? Will you notice a rose petal falling form 100 feet away while someone speaks to you if you it's in your field of vision? Your type is the representative type of James Bond. I always thought that was really neat. The idea of a smooth operating sociopath.

That's crazy! People have told me that I remind them of Bond. I do notice things around me. I might have ADD or something. Anyways, I'm able to notice people's nonverbal cues and guess what they're going to do. And yeah, if there's something else going on while someone is talking, my attention goes toward what else is going on....not a good habit.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I guess it is no question of what your type is, it is more a question of what you are more intrested in.

In my professional party time, I had an eStP friend with an attention span of the speed of light. He liked me and I saw him trying hard to keep focussed, when talking to me.

His most outstanding attribute was to ask people out to the bones. Sometimes you didn't even know what to answer, because you have not thought about the question thus far.

So, according to his example, low attention span and extroverted sensory data accumulation is definitly possible. I so see no problems in having a slow attention span and not being the life of the party as it is maybe wished to be.

You just need to focus on what you have or what you want have and not to ask what you could be .

MBTI
    ENTP

ExxP's all have in common I think, the meerkat effect. You know, that thing where the slightest sound happens outside or elsewhere in the room/building and they're up on hind legs, alert and watching out - "what was that?"

And the suspected ADD/hyperactivity as well
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    TiSe

Quote Originally Posted by htb View Post
    You just described the prototypical ISTP.

Congratulations, you're on the first step to recovery!
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyHarry25 View Post
    I'd definitely say I'm more of an extrovert than an introvert. I love being around people, but the typical conversation bores the crap out of me. I'd rather be doing stuff with people. I like to get to the point and move on, Not sit around and talk about what could be.
    I was on the same track as HTB originally (assuming you are quite sure that you're SP). I don't think that ESTPs have a problem initiating conversations with others, however there are some key points to consider. ESPs pick up on the nuances of a conversation better than any other type, so if there is animosity in the air, they will grasp it quickly. They're also concrete by nature and prefer discussions to things they know or have experienced to intangibles and theories. For this reason, ESTPs may tone it down a bit when needed during conversations. What you describe above is vintage ESTP, and is usually referenced to in the good type descriptions. Also ESTPs are "The Doers" of types hence the name given to them by personalitypage.com. They would prefer to doing than sitting around talking about it.

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

I think it's a 'problem' with T's & P's rather than I's.
    T's are very to-the-point and blunt while P's are well.. easily distracted mofos.
    MBTI Type: iNTj
    Enneagram Type: 3w4 sp/sx

You don't sound like an ESTP to me.

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyHarry25 View Post
    I'm and ESTP and I feel like my conversations aren't as good as they should be. I'm more of the guy who gets straight to the point and doesn't give too many details (unless they ask). But my biggest thing is that I sometimes have a problem with starting topics. I'm so in-tuned to my environment that I find myself forgetting there's a person around to talk to. When someone brings up a topic, I can talk about it and run along with it. It's just starting them. Any others have this problem and what do you do?
    I used to have that problem. Now I just say what's in my head keep an eye on the other person and work from there.

MBTI
    ESTP

I never had this problem. Well, if I come to think about it, maybe a few times.
    But generally, asking the person in front of you to talk about him/herself will be a good topic.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

ESTP "conversation": "FUCK FUCK THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS GOD DAMN IT I'M SUPPOSED TO BE OFF RIGHT NOW. SHIT. FUCKIN' PIECES OF SHIT. FUCKING ASSHOLES! *throws something on the ground* GRAAAAAAAAA! Hey, I'm not mad at you, don't worry."