User Tag List

Thread: Any ESTPs ever mistype as an ISTP?

Junior Member Array

Default Any ESTPs ever mistype as an ISTP?

I'm wondering recently if I'm an ESTP. I've never questioned being an ISTP for the last 4 years, but suddenly since learning about Enneagram and just taking an alternate look at myself I'm wondering.

I feel too extroverted and talkative to be an ISTP.
    I feel too introverted and unsocial to be an ESTP.
    My Enneagram is 7w8 sp/sx or sx/sp.

My best friend is an ESTP, and i feel very different to him. He is very image conscious and socially inclined. I'm pretty certain he's a 3w4 so/sp though, which could account for that. I feel a lot more contemplative than him in my Ti usage.
    I was thinking about being Social last in my instinct, it could effect this.

So, shoot me some questions. Lets try crack this one...
    7w8 8w7 3w4 sp/sx

Senior Member Array Hitoshi-San's Avatar
    6w7 sp/sx

I have trouble telling whether people are introverts or extroverts, so I might not be a ton of help, but I'll still try.

Sure, anyone could type themself as an ESTP, but would they know their enneagram, instinctual variant, etc.? I see a lot of ESTPs, especially in fiction, portrayed as E3. Which isn't a bad thing, but obviously not all of them are like that.

I'm an ESTP 7w8 sp/so or so/sp (haven't figured that out entirely). My sequence for enneagram is 7w8, 3w2, 8w7. So, looking at your description, we're kinda similar.

People think I'm quiet, and I can be kind of antisocial at times. I really do derive energy from people and have a huge fear of missing out, but I also just work better in social situations. Like, people tend to be what my thoughts revolve around, even if I am still around them.

Self-preservation has been known to "hold people back" a bit. Their brains are constantly switched onto survival mode, and they do whatever they need to do to protect themselves and keep comfortable.

But the big question here is; where do you get your energy from?

Conventional studies show about sixty percent ambiversion. Mystery solved.
    Likes knowledge827 liked this post