• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] ISTJ's to ISTP's?

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
My grandfather, uncle, and neighbor are all ISTJ's, or so I think. They are elder, which is where my question comes into play.

I have noticed that as ISTJ's get older, they tend to act more like ISTP's? Maybe It's more then just ISTJ's, maybe I'm being too specific.

Anyways, I have noticed this trend, and wanted to get your opinion. Thanks!

alicia91

I guess that makes sense because as far as I understand it, as we get older we move to a more balanced position within the dictomies. I'm over 40 and have moved closer to center on the SN and TF scale but I'm just as Introverted as ever.

"?"

MBTI Type
TiSe
My grandfather, uncle, and neighbor are all ISTJ's, or so I think. They are elder, which is where my question comes into play.

I have noticed that as ISTJ's get older, they tend to act more like ISTP's? Maybe It's more then just ISTJ's, maybe I'm being too specific.

Anyways, I have noticed this trend, and wanted to get your opinion. Thanks!
Or put another way, we mellow with age..... Has nothing to do with type.

istpunk

MBTI Type
istp
I love it when INFPs dream that someone's core personality can change throughout time or through experiences. It's not gonna happen, forget it.

Alpha-6

MBTI Type
INTP
Maybe you have it backwards. Maybe they're ISTPs who acted like ISTJs.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
ah, no arguing, I was just wondering what you're ideas towards this "phenomenon" are..I guess they do just really mellow out..

mcmartinez84

MBTI Type
ISTP
You're an ass.

At least he's honest :D

On topic, I have nothing to add. Well, maybe this. My very annoyingly ISTJ friend will hopefully someday mellow out to ISTP. He's so freaking closed minded about almost everything. Ever. My ESTP friend and I have very slowly gotten him to drink a full Crown and Dr. Pepper (he doesn't like Coke). What a surprise, he likes it now! Next step is non-Southern-comfort-food. Poor kid only likes steaks, mashed potatoes, mac & cheese, and wraps or sandwiches. Not that there's anything *wrong* with liking that...but that's about all he eats. Ever.