User Tag List

First 123

Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
    ^ If you are just looking on the surface, superficial plane. But what does that matter?

Underneath we are very very different.
    Yes, underneath we are different, but mistypes often occur because the person attempting to type is not seeing underneath. This could simply be a result of not having enough information about an individual.
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=61024&page=14

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Ene View Post
    Yes, underneath we are different, but mistypes often occur because the person attempting to type is not seeing underneath. This could simply be a result of not having enough information about an individual.
    But an expert like Nardi should consider that. The statement Ene made about Nardi implies that Nardi thinks over time that INFJs and ISTPs become similar. They do not. All people, as they age, get better at all functions. But each type is still going to have a long-standing groove and style of being that way that still makes them unique. Saying that an INFJ and ISTP are becoming similar is like saying an old lady and an old man are becoming similar because they are experiencing the same effects of aging. And INFJ is actually going to be becoming MORE similar to another NF type than an ST>
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Most often confused with INTPs because they are both Ti-doms and both are logical and systems thinkers. I suspect many people who identify as INTP as much closer to being ISTPs. The stereotype of ISTPs being mostly mechanics or whatever is just wrong. Yes, they tend to be more concrete oriented than the INTPs, but there wouldn't be any difference in intelligence level that I can imagine. I think there are many ISTP scientists and even theorists, but they would be more likely to start with the concrete and build concepts from it, rather than the reverse like the INTP.

If you interviewed all the people at the antarctic science station, I'd bet good money that it would be primarily INTPs and ISTPs.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

I want to be just like my mother, even if she is bat-shit crazy.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

i think there can be a connection between ENTP-ISTP, like there is with ENFP-ISFP. similar vibe, different motivations.

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
    ^ If you are just looking on the surface, superficial plane. But what does that matter?

Underneath we are very very different.
    Because whether something is superficial or not it is still a part of who you are. I love to play with how someone is superficially, its fun, and they usually enjoy it because they know I know its only a small miniscule facet of who they are. But it still is a facet of them and you can't really know all of someone unless you know both deep and superficial.
    Im out, its been fun

Quote Originally Posted by fia View Post
    Most often confused with INTPs because they are both Ti-doms and both are logical and systems thinkers. I suspect many people who identify as INTP as much closer to being ISTPs. The stereotype of ISTPs being mostly mechanics or whatever is just wrong. Yes, they tend to be more concrete oriented than the INTPs, but there wouldn't be any difference in intelligence level that I can imagine. I think there are many ISTP scientists and even theorists, but they would be more likely to start with the concrete and build concepts from it, rather than the reverse like the INTP.

If you interviewed all the people at the antarctic science station, I'd bet good money that it would be primarily INTPs and ISTPs.
    Thank you for clarifying that. Perhaps the one edge INTPs might have is they have somewhat more patience for abstract thinking, thus they might more quickly and easily grasp purely theoretical concepts and ideas. Intelligence level/aptitude might vary from individual to individual, so exceptions will be found which defy the general assumptions and stereotypes surrounding each type.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chickpea View Post
    i think there can be a connection between ENTP-ISTP, like there is with ENFP-ISFP. similar vibe, different motivations.
    Why do you think TiSe and NeTi are so easily confused?
    Masculine presenting transgender lesbian

At heart, I’ll always be a bleeding heart liberal.

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by Starcrash View Post
    Thank you for clarifying that. Perhaps the one edge INTPs might have is they have somewhat more patience for abstract thinking, thus they might more quickly and easily grasp purely theoretical concepts and ideas. Intelligence level/aptitude might vary from individual to individual, so exceptions will be found which defy the general assumptions and stereotypes surrounding each type.

- - - Updated - - -

Why do you think TiSe and NeTi are so easily confused?
    With me its not so much patience, but lack of desire. Until that connection to reality is made, its not really useful. ISTP are good at grasping that theoretical concept and making connections to reality. INTP are probably the other way, easier to take reality to theoretical. With ISTP reality reigns supreme, with INTP theory reigns supreme. So where they dabble we live and where we dabble they live.
    Im out, its been fun
    Likes Ghost liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Poki View Post
    With me its not so much patience, but lack of desire. Until that connection to reality is made, its not really useful. ISTP are good at grasping that theoretical concept and making connections to reality. INTP are probably the other way, easier to take reality to theoretical. With ISTP reality reigns supreme, with INTP theory reigns supreme. So where they dabble we live and where we dabble they live.
    lack of desire is a better summation. I can spend hours, days, and longer studying a topic or learning a skill until I perfect it or gain a mastery of knowledge in an area of great interest to me.
    Masculine presenting transgender lesbian

At heart, I’ll always be a bleeding heart liberal.