User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Default How to know someone ISTP vs. ESTP ?

Just the major differences you'd be able to tell right off the bat (though I realize it's wise to take everything into context). Are ISTP's just quieter (the one I knew was fairly quiet). How would I know ?
    6w7 Sx/Sp (621 or 612. Same diff :p).

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

T vs S... ISTPs will be more focused... More contemplative... More concerned with systems and solutions. ESTPs will be more action-oriented... I think it's usually easier to tell an ESxP because they come and go like the wind, flowing energetically from potential to potential, like they are riding from wavecrest to wavecrest...

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    T vs S... ISTPs will be more focused... More contemplative... More concerned with systems and solutions. ESTPs will be more action-oriented... I think it's usually easier to tell an ESxP because they come and go like the wind, flowing energetically from potential to potential, like they are riding from wavecrest to wavecrest...
    ISTPs are also more focused on the logical aspects of things. ESTPs have more of a friendly people-person aspect. ISTPs confuse facts of reality with logic. ISTP is more patient, ESTP wants to get moving and make things happen quickly. ISTP prefers working alone, they could perhaps be called loners. ESTPs enjoy working with others as long as they bring them what they want.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    ISTPs are also more focused on the logical aspects of things. ESTPs have more of a friendly people-person aspect. ISTPs confuse facts of reality with logic. ISTP is more patient, ESTP wants to get moving and make things happen quickly. ISTP prefers working alone, they could perhaps be called loners. ESTPs enjoy working with others as long as they bring them what they want.
    Good additions.

My ISTP brother has said "I just don't understand why everything isn't logical."

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    I dont confuse facts of reality with logic, I have logic based on outcome which is tied to values, I dont confuse it with reality, it just differs from the way things are. I follow my logic and refuse to follow any external logic unless it makes it through my logical filter. What ends up is I have a much different view on how I operate and what I think then main stream. I also prefer to live in my logical world rather then in the mainstream world. Thats why I dont like politics...I understand the reality, but I refuse to follow it because why follow whats screwed up in the first place. In other words, I beat to my own drum, not the worlds.

Yes, I am ISTP even though it says ESTP. I fit more ESTP then what has become the "stereotypical" ISTP. I am just more subdued and mellow...and not a huge people person. Just dont confuse not a people person with being rude...its more that I am reserved and quite. I tend to bend over backward for the people around me without even batting an eye or having to second think it.

I refuse to be a follower, I refuse to follow the "revenge" mentality. Screw me over, I dont want you in my life, you arent worth my time. I would prefer to spend the time advancing my life without you in it. I dont follow the "typical" games. I use my senses to "see" reality for what it is, not for what other people follow. I watched my parents and learned what I did and didnt like and created my own set of logic and values. I didnt inherit my parents logic or values, mine are based off of cause and effect all which was observed. I saw the effact of frustration when working and logic says...the outcome is stupid and counter productive. I have seen the games people play and the hurt it causes, logic says counter productive. I saw the effect of things my dad did and how my mom responded and learned and created my own logic od what to do and what not to do. I watched my dads response and did the same thing. I watch people and see what actually "is", not some "deeper meaning" that people pull out of there ass half the time.

I am a realist, not the typical "realist" who call them self that because they see the negative in the world and arent afraid to vent about it, but the kind that sees things as they are, not some ideal or some "protect myself from what I dont want" vission. This is why I have so much issues with religion, I see it for why it is needed, why it thrives. Is it real...honestly I have no clue, when I die I will find out...aka...I will see/experience, but I know why people flock to it like they do. Most dont want to admit why and dont accept it because if they did it means it may not actually be real.
    Im out, its been fun

Put something in front of them. Talk about their orientation to it.

friendly and accessible boomslang's Avatar
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LIE Ni

One is a sensing type and the other is a logical type.

One does stupid shit, but is smart.
    The other does smart shit, but is stupid.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by boomslang View Post
    One is a sensing type and the other is a logical type.
    Yes, I think that is the crux of it.
    ISTPs often enjoy believing ourselves to be profoundly sensory, and very often we revel in it.
    But our strength is in our selective data recognition; carefully in-taking data, and integrating it into our dependable solid framework.
    It is also our weakness.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    Put something in front of them. Talk about their orientation to it.
    Yes, I think you are right!

MBTI
    INFJ

I dont know if a rather new aquaintance is ISTP or ESTP.. but she calls too often it is overwhelming, she texts and texts without me responding.. and even though ive told her I've got a serious problem with pests that I am stressed and busy and had to literally get upset with her on the phone all emotional about it, she still continues... she has no idea I just need personal space... shes really nice, although misguided.. I just dont know how to get the point across to her... She is also trying to buy me with bribes.. which I think is so strange.