MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Poki View Post
    See bolded
    You're bolding me, instead of quoting me, out of context. But it's still out of context.

Anecdote, "a short and amusing or interesting story about a real incident or person." Anecdotes about the past are short and amusing or interesting stories about a past incident or person.

I'm not into this argument for the sake of argument, which is where your nitpicking is going. ISTPs will use the example of a black swan to "prove" that swans are not, by definition, white.

Moving on...
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    You're bolding me, instead of quoting me, out of context. But it's still out of context.

Anecdote, "a short and amusing or interesting story about a real incident or person." Anecdotes about the past are short and amusing or interesting stories about a past incident or person.

I'm not into this argument for the sake of argument, which is where your nitpicking is going. ISTPs will use the example of a black swan to "prove" that swans are not, by definition, white.

Moving on...
    Yes, tell me all swans are white and I will argue that they are not. I am making a statement about me, you can argue context if you want. I assumed that being an ISTP I had the option for input as to represent an ISTP, forgot that "theory" is INTP realm, god forbid compare it to an actual ISTP.

Back to ISTP vs ESTP, who likes bacon more?
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Yes, and that's how people would say I am as well. Logic plays a part, but I am not stuck in some this logical path is how things are. Its more of a fuzzy logic, not some concrete logic. Logic flows down multiple paths they combine, they split, they detour to come back to just past where it was. Its not really straight forward, cut and dry.
    Exactly. Logical analysis sometimes hinders expediency. It's not as though it's not an "automatic" in my brain (I dont have to think about what is logical) it just sort of factors in - rather than dominates my decision making.
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Yes, tell me all swans are white and I will argue that they are not. I am making a statement about me, you can argue context if you want. I assumed that being an ISTP I had the option for input as to represent an ISTP, forgot that "theory" is INTP realm, god forbid compare it to an actual ISTP.

I have no problem with an "actual ISTP," and I am always comparing theory to reality. But thanks to you I've made a new discovery: ISTPs will say "that's not like me." I've seen two different ISTPs say the same thing, so there might be a trend toward a new type characteristic of ISTPs in general.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    I have no problem with an "actual ISTP," and I am always comparing theory to reality. But thanks to you I've made a new discovery: ISTPs will say "that's not like me." I've seen two different ISTPs say the same thing, so there might be a trend toward a new type characteristic of ISTPs in general.
    LMAO
    Im out, its been fun

I think typing people is easier when their inferior can be recognized, so it really comes down to Ti-Fe vs Se-Ni
    Masculine presenting transgender lesbian

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

My go to way is on Ni usage.

An ISTP is much, much more likely to act on their Ni tells them, as well as get these moments in the first place. An ISTP will trust their Ni a lot more readily, as well as express what their Ni has told them to others.

ESTPs are not this way unless they have great inferior function development. They may get Ni moments, but they do not trust them and rarely act on them, as they want more solid information first.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by MDP2525 View Post
    I see a lot of talk about logic with ISTP's. I think this is partially right. I don't know if I'm different from the norm of ISTPs but logic isn't at the forefront of my thinking. "What makes the most sense here?" is a better idea of how my brain works. I'm MUCH more concerned with reasonableness than logic for its own sake. Just because something is logical doesn't mean it's accurate or the best choice to get the results/solutions I want.
    Yes, I think that everything needs context to be meaningful.
    What is best for right now?
    I find that RIGHT HERE RIGHT NOW takes precedence.

For me Logic is a very comforting base which i build ideas upon.
    a useful foundation for thought, and a font of possibility.
    Likes MDP2525 liked this post

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by Splash Shin View Post

An ISTP is much, much more likely to act on their Ni tells them, as well as get these moments in the first place. An ISTP will trust their Ni a lot more readily, as well as express what their Ni has told them to others.

ESTPs are not this way unless they have great inferior function development. They may get Ni moments, but they do not trust them and rarely act on them, as they want more solid information first.
    ESTPs use an external framework that they have learned and accepted to live instead of their own developed internal framework that they have created. They are more likely to follow the social rules put in place then to create their own rules.
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Splash Shin View Post

You can't actually see Ni working, more over neither an ESTP or ISTP would really know they were using it.

ISTP for sure, you guys are obsessed.

ESTPs use an external framework that they have learned and accepted to live instead of their own developed internal framework that they have created. They are more likely to follow the social rules put in place then to create their own rules.
    I can buy that.

I should note that I am an ESTP and I am married to an ISTP. I don't think there is any way you could ever mix the two types up if they are in front of you. ISTP are so much more subdued in their everyday life. When I am piecing something together in my head I might talk out loud and it really pisses my wife off. She thinks I am highly illogical, but in reality she is usually in the wrong! :P
    Don't like my modera... Oh wait, wrong forum. Carry on.

ESTP, 8w7 sx/sp