User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    STP

As with any I vs E type, we internalize before we put ourself out into the world. E learns through experience, I learns through internalizing
    Im out, its been fun

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    ESTPs have more of a friendly people-person aspect.
    Ehhh...not always. Some ESTPs are hostile and anti-social. They like to hang around people who can challenge them, so if everyone they encounter seems stupid and unworthy to them then they will not appear friendly or "people persons."
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    Ehhh...not always. Some ESTPs are hostile and anti-social. They like to hang around people who can challenge them, so if everyone they encounter seems stupid and unworthy to them then they will not appear friendly or "people persons."
    In general I'm correct. In particular, your mileage may vary.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Dannik View Post
    Yes, I think that is the crux of it.
    ISTPs often enjoy believing ourselves to be profoundly sensory, and very often we revel in it.
    But our strength is in our selective data recognition; carefully in-taking data, and integrating it into our dependable solid framework.
    It is also our weakness.

Yes, I think you are right!
    I see a lot of talk about logic with ISTP's. I think this is partially right. I don't know if I'm different from the norm of ISTPs but logic isn't at the forefront of my thinking. "What makes the most sense here?" is a better idea of how my brain works. I'm MUCH more concerned with reasonableness than logic for its own sake. Just because something is logical doesn't mean it's accurate or the best choice to get the results/solutions I want.
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

MBTI
    INFJ

I would think the two are very different. At least from the ESTPs I know, there is no risk of seeing them as introverts. Though, I think ISTPs might seem more introverted, with the Se?

I think ISTPs would be more monotone and less animated. They would also give off a vibe of rationality. But I'm not sure if I know any ISTPs.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    I would think the two are very different. At least from the ESTPs I know, there is no risk of seeing them as introverts. Though, I think ISTPs might seem more introverted, with the Se?

I think ISTPs would be more monotone and less animated. They would also give off a vibe of rationality. But I'm not sure if I know any ISTPs.
    Agree with "monotone and less animated," based on personal experience, although I'm not sure 'monotone' is quite the right way to describe the ISTP voice. I would describe it as a quick "clipped" manner of speech, as in "having quick short sounds." ISTPs are quite talkative when they like the topic. But they are not charmers or smooth-talkers like ESTPs can be. The ESTP is also group-oriented and pragmatic. ESTPs are more anecdotal in their speaking than ISTPs, although the latter also enjoy anecdotal speech. They both like to tell stories about the past (no that's not Si). But the ESTP anecdotes involve both themselves and groups while ISTP anecdotes involve either themselves alone or themselves with another person.

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by MDP2525 View Post
    I see a lot of talk about logic with ISTP's. I think this is partially right. I don't know if I'm different from the norm of ISTPs but logic isn't at the forefront of my thinking. "What makes the most sense here?" is a better idea of how my brain works. I'm MUCH more concerned with reasonableness than logic for its own sake. Just because something is logical doesn't mean it's accurate or the best choice to get the results/solutions I want.
    Yes, and that's how people would say I am as well. Logic plays a part, but I am not stuck in some this logical path is how things are. Its more of a fuzzy logic, not some concrete logic. Logic flows down multiple paths they combine, they split, they detour to come back to just past where it was. Its not really straight forward, cut and dry.
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    STP

Agree with "monotone and less animated," based on personal experience, although I'm not sure 'monotone' is quite the right way to describe the ISTP voice. I would describe it as a quick "clipped" manner of speech, as in "having quick short sounds." ISTPs are quite talkative when they like the topic. But they are not charmers or smooth-talkers like ESTPs can be. The ESTP is also group-oriented and pragmatic. ESTPs are more anecdotal in their speaking than ISTPs, although the latter also enjoy anecdotal speech. They both like to tell stories about the past (no that's not Si). But the ESTP anecdotes involve both themselves and groups while ISTP anecdotes involve either themselves alone or themselves with another person.
    I actually don't talk much about my past unless I force myself to. I would rather talk about going forward or analysis of things around me.
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Poki View Post
    I actually don't talk much about my past unless I force myself to. I would rather talk about going forward or analysis of things around me.
    I predicted that an ISTP would contradict me.

Let's say that there are 10 million ISTPs in the world. 9 million are anecdotal (which is the term I used, not "talk about my past"), while 1 million are not anecdotal. On the other hand, if there are 10 million ESTPs in the world, where 9,500,000 are anecdotal while 500,000 are not anecdotal, it remains true that ESTPs are more anecdotal than ISTPs.

MBTI
    STP

I predicted that an ISTP would contradict me.

Let's say that there are 10 million ISTPs in the world. 9 million are anecdotal (which is the term I used, not "talk about my past"), while 1 million are not anecdotal. On the other hand, if there are 10 million ESTPs in the world, where 9,500,000 are anecdotal while 500,000 are not anecdotal, it remains true that ESTPs are more anecdotal than ISTPs.
    See bolded
    Im out, its been fun