• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ESFP] ESFPs, do you have any interests/hobbies?

sandbeige

MBTI Type
ENTP
My mum is an ESFP and she seems to have no interests except for being around other people. It wouldn’t be so bad, if these people were other people, but very often it is me. It’s like she was addicted to other people’s attention (or maybe my attention) and if there’s nobody else around I have to substitute for them. So she calls me every day to tell me how her day was, what she was doing etc. She wants me to come home every weekend (we live in different cities) and so on. She has few close friends but they have their own lives, other friends, kids, so they can’t be with her all the time. Obviously I don’t feel the same (sometimes I would like to forgot about the fact I have parents) and am already little fed up with that situation. I should also say that I am the only child and all her attention focuses on me.

So, my question is what do you esfps do during weekends, when have too much of free time, or feel lonely. Is there anything youl like doing on your own, with no company? Is it normal that you are so needy and prone to depression when lonely…?

thx

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Hmm, my mom is an ESFJ and she seems to "suffer" from the same kind of thing.

I'm not sure if it's a type thing, though.

sciski

MBTI Type
NSFW
Enneagram
6w7
ESFPs hate being alone. I'm not entirely sure why - maybe I'll ask them.

Sunshine

MBTI Type
ABCD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Me and my ESFP best friend LOVE to paint! We do it whenever we can. She's talented too! So the answer is "Yes, ESFPs do indeed have interests and hobbies."

Lol tell your mom she can come over and hang out with me and my friend.

OH! What if you encouraged her to join some group thing? Like a dance class or something? Does she like to dance? Or an art class. Or a karate class. Or an adult soccer team. Or some cause maybe? Those are always great...like ummm....feeding the homeless or helping out some cancer research organization...or something like that.

Last edited:

Sunshine

MBTI Type
ABCD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ESFPs hate being alone. I'm not entirely sure why - maybe I'll ask them.

Everyone hates being alone.....even introverts if the alone-ness is excessive. As human beings we are social creatures. Subconciously we know how bad we need each other hence the hatred of being alone.

Loneliness = :cry:

sciski

MBTI Type
NSFW
Enneagram
6w7
Everyone hates being alone.....even introverts if the alone-ness is excessive. As human beings we are social creatures. Subconciously we know how bad we need each other hence the hatred of being alone.

Loneliness = :cry:

That's very true. But I'm talking about 30 minutes of solitude here, not a day. :shock:

sciski

MBTI Type
NSFW
Enneagram
6w7
Quite possibly!

Oops- want to be more helpful here.

Interests:
My male ESFP friend gets out his guitar/video console game and plays them both to bits when he is alone. Now he has a pet so he plays with the pet as well.

chris1207

MBTI Type
XNXX
Enneagram
3w2
I think that EXFX's in general can have a really tough time dealing with being alone. Our self-worth relies so much on having friends and being able to get out and do things and if we can't we're lonely.

Making friends is one of those deals where when you have them it's easy to get more but when you have few you're kind of stuck in a rut. I've been stuck in a rut all my life but I have no problems being alone anymore. I just go into alone mode. I used to really beat myself up for being such a loser but I've embraced that loserdom now. Thx MBTI!

I'm just like your mom. I don't really have any hobbies. I don't pester anyone though. ENFJ's are much more considerate than most types. I just read on MBTI forums, read up on technology (mostly mp3 players), listen to music, lil tv, some videogames and work. That's it beyond the necessities. It's difficult to get excited about something if you don't have someone to get excited with. oh well...

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My ESFP friend/acquaintance is in a band and I think researching and buying musical instruments is his biggest hobby (certainly his most expensive).

He also plays warhammer and magic. Oh wait none of those are solitary. Uhh...I dunno, I've never really asked him. /useless post

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
My Best friend is an ESFP, and he is entirely involved in music. He plays the french horn, he sings in all sorts of choirs, and he acts in musicals too.

alicia91

The ESFPs that I know are young - teens, 20's but they are all like you describe - need to be around people, etc. They are into competitive swimming, lifeguarding, singing in a choir, babysitting or volunteering with kids. Could your mom join some kind of club, group, even do a sport? That would get her out of the house, and have other people to focus on - not just you.

Dorito

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'll resurrect this dead thread, because I think the title topic is interesting...

Yes, ESFPs have hobbies and interests. And yes, some of them don't really involve other people, or at least not their attention, even if there is some interaction.

I may not be quite the typical ESFP 7 type, because I have an introverted enneagram, but here are just a couple things that I like to do:

- I play American football
- I go to the gym
- I go running (on my own)
- I go swimming
- I draw
- I'm trying to learn the guitar
- I read novels
- I watch series and movies, and then comment on them
- I have an online group I am a part of
- I take walks in the nature
- I play with my cats
- While I had a rat breeding station, I researched genetics and hereditary traits
- I read and communicate about MBTI

Some of these I do alone, others I do with people. However, I live alone, and like it that way, and even get annoyed when people come over and demand too much of my attention, and overstay my attention span.

kotoshinohaisha

Permabanned
MBTI Type
STFU
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so
My mum is an ESFP and she seems to have no interests except for being around other people. It wouldn�t be so bad, if these people were other people, but very often it is me. It�s like she was addicted to other people�s attention (or maybe my attention) and if there�s nobody else around I have to substitute for them. So she calls me every day to tell me how her day was, what she was doing etc. She wants me to come home every weekend (we live in different cities) and so on. She has few close friends but they have their own lives, other friends, kids, so they can�t be with her all the time. Obviously I don�t feel the same (sometimes I would like to forgot about the fact I have parents) and am already little fed up with that situation. I should also say that I am the only child and all her attention focuses on me.

So, my question is what do you esfps do during weekends, when have too much of free time, or feel lonely. Is there anything youl like doing on your own, with no company? Is it normal that you are so needy and prone to depression when lonely�?

thx
My cousin which has a huge age gap as mine, she's 44yo already is exactly like this! She's an esfp. :)

I just noticed i really like esfp people A lot! :)

I like my cousin, and i have an uncle who's also an esfp! Hihi. He's so sweet and fragile lol. XD

I like esfps a lot. XD i actually don't know if it's esfp or enfp.. Hmm.. But esfp i guess! :)

They're sweet folks and i just like them! :)

And i remembered that my boss is an esfp.. My first boss. He's actually funny xD oh.. I don't know if he's esfp or estp lol xD

But i think esfp because he likes gossip. XD and yeah he's esfp. :)

And he always treats me! Hihi. That's the good part. :)

I like that boss a lot.

I like esfp! XD

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx

LittleCat

Off to new adventures
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Certainly everyone has interests, even if they have no hobbies...right? I’d feel sorry for anyone who had neither.