• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISFP] ISFP and Quitting

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w5
Do other ISFPs find that they're prone to quitting a project or a job they're frustrated with? I can't count how many times I just want to walk off my job when it becomes overwhelmingly frustrating. In fact, I wanted to do it tonight. I get all quiet and won't tell people what I really think. I feel like I'm on the verge of spazzing out, but never do. I never walk out either. I've only ever once not showed up for a job, but I've never walked out.

Work sucks. It can take a big suck of my ass.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I always quit or walk away from things that serve no purpose to me and my goals, unless it has a practical purpose or would irreparably harm others if I departed. I have enjoyed jobs where I could be an independent contractor or do freelance work, but also learned valuable things from various shitty part time jobs.

See I think people have the idea of prostitution backwards. To me it's nothing to shake my ass on stage for money, it's to me a much bigger sell out to time share my brain to a major corporation or owe my soul to the company store. In all fairness, I do realize though that some people simply have very little choice if they don't want to live in dire poverty, forth with I developed strong political beliefs in relation to these working class experiences.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think it's a perceiver thing. Maybe FP moreso. Maybe IFP more than EFP.

Lady Lazarus

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I suspect it may vaguely have something to do with inferior Te and perhaps even not particularly developed tertiary Ni as well as Fi dominance somewhat(in a way in my case at least).

As someone who also possesses inferior Te and dominant Fi, I can say I am also prone to quiting, mostly on things I see as unimportant or hold no personal value for me such as those SAT prep classes I never needed and the clubs I was dragged to by some bossier girl.

Giving up on things may have something to do with inferior Te in that without a little structure things can become overwhelming rather easily for anyone(I have noticed this within myself, I really am horrid at employing structure and it does make things harder in some respects from time to time I suppose) and that may entice some to quit. With not particularly developed tertiary Ni (and well developed aux Se for that matter) it may be hard to see why this skill or whatever it may be, would perhaps be beneficial in the long run or within the larger context. Dominant Fi may as previously mentioned play a role in quitting on things without personal significance or that offer no personal fulfillment as well as of course clash with the their values to the individual(however I could potentially see anyone, not just Fi doms, quitting something they do not want to do).

That is just my theory/explanation for it though.

wolfy

awsm
Do other ISFPs find that they're prone to quitting a project or a job they're frustrated with? I can't count how many times I just want to walk off my job when it becomes overwhelmingly frustrating. In fact, I wanted to do it tonight. I get all quiet and won't tell people what I really think. I feel like I'm on the verge of spazzing out, but never do. I never walk out either. I've only ever once not showed up for a job, but I've never walked out.

Work sucks. It can take a big suck of my ass.

Yeah sure, I can relate to that. I don't quit either but would like to. And I tend to pull back from people.

It is just a thing.

Evee

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i've quit everything i've ever tried

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w5
Nice responses so far, I appreciate them. I'm glad that other people relate. Often, I hold in my grievances and when I finally have the gusto to tell someone about how I feel about the situation, I get the feeling like my perspective isn't valid or I'm reading too much into it or something. So, I usually keep these things to myself. In a way I'm glad people do this, as long as their nice about it. This may be the reason why I don't just up and leave because I realize how subjective my feelings can be and try not to let them control me, but they are still very influential none-the-less.

I often just have the urge to get away from negative situations or people. Go somewhere I can just be and not be bothered.

gromit

likes this
Yes for sure!

It has taken a bit of effort for me over the years, to not be ashamed of my emotions, just simply letting people know if something is bugging me, calmly listening to what they have to say too, proposing some ideas to improve things... that just makes life so much less draining. You no longer feel so trapped or like escaping is the only way to feel better.

wolfy

awsm
Yes for sure!

It has taken a bit of effort for me over the years, to not be ashamed of my emotions, just simply letting people know if something is bugging me, calmly listening to what they have to say too, proposing some ideas to improve things... that just makes life so much less draining. You no longer feel so trapped or like escaping is the only way to feel better.

Same for me. I like my emotions now actually. Valuable information.

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I feel that way a lot too, no worries. I have an obsession with not quitting and proving myself wrong so I don't quit, but I have thought about it soooo many times. I think it's a normal thing.

Dannik

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
I am isTp...
But I also struggle powerfully against my nature to quit often.

I have found that it helps me to share the goal of my project with someone,
But only after I have begun work on it.
When I talk about a project before I have started it, I find I am less likely to follow through.

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w5
I am isTp...

When I talk about a project before I have started it, I find I am less likely to follow through.

Is that a self portrait as your avatar?

wolfy

awsm
I am isTp...

Yeah, talking before tends to give you a reward hit that lowers the drive.