User Tag List

First 456

Results 51 to 58 of 58

  1. #51
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    10,082

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by infinite View Post
    So do you relate to such thoughts about "brutal and senseless base instincts"? I don't... I realize that's just an example though.

    I've been thinking and maybe I do something similar to tertiary Ni actually. I do have some thoughts about people as groups that I think must be Ni because if I honestly give it more thought, I can see it's just my interpretation (negative too). And possibly with more Se it would be resolved, into a better interpretation. I just feel like Se can't give enough data for a truly unambiguous way to see the situation and reach a definitely correct conclusion. Am I making sense to you here? Of course, the idea of just going with how things are is another solution, ditching any interpretations in the process.
    Yeah, it makes sense.

    To rely solely on sensing (or solely on intuition) would ultimately lead to a very limited and narrow world view.

    Nothing worse than meeting someone who is a Se dom or aux and obviously relies solely on sensation to feed their judgement function--we've all met these types of people and they can be frustrating as hell. "If I don't see it, it doesn't exist or never happened"

  2. #52
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Enneagram
    8
    Posts
    30

    Default

    No I don't relate to those examples. I'm methodical in what I'm spontaneous with. Pick and choose wisely.
    Negative Fe for me is disconnecting and being antisocial. I don't bottle up emotions but there are times when I'm unsure why I feel sad.

    That one example of the Entp I would never do. If someone turns the back on me withou good reason when I help them in their time of need then I would cut them off. Let them suffer the next time they need help.

    I don't betray but I will react if done wrongly.

  3. #53
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    10,082

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZombieKiller View Post
    No I don't relate to those examples. I'm methodical in what I'm spontaneous with. Pick and choose wisely.
    Negative Fe for me is disconnecting and being antisocial. I don't bottle up emotions but there are times when I'm unsure why I feel sad.

    That one example of the Entp I would never do. If someone turns the back on me withou good reason when I help them in their time of need then I would cut them off. Let them suffer the next time they need help.

    I don't betray but I will react if done wrongly.
    I can relate. The part about not knowing why you're sad. It's especially frustrating because my wife will insist I tell her what's wrong, then gets frustrated with me when I don't know what to say.

    Would you say that you like "controlled spontaneity"?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by ZombieKiller View Post
    No I don't relate to those examples. I'm methodical in what I'm spontaneous with. Pick and choose wisely.
    Negative Fe for me is disconnecting and being antisocial. I don't bottle up emotions but there are times when I'm unsure why I feel sad.

    That one example of the Entp I would never do. If someone turns the back on me withou good reason when I help them in their time of need then I would cut them off. Let them suffer the next time they need help.

    I don't betray but I will react if done wrongly.
    I can relate. The part about not knowing why you're sad. It's especially frustrating because my wife will insist I tell her what's wrong, then gets frustrated with me when I don't know what to say.

    Would you say that you like "controlled spontaneity"?

  4. #54
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Enneagram
    8
    Posts
    30

    Default

    To a degree. There just isn't much that excites me and I'm hard to please.

    On another note with Fe I don't fake laugh or smile. I have no enthusiasm and I am stone face most of the time. I may fake being ok at work when I'm either pissed off or sad. If someone says a stupid joke that's not funny and everyone laughs I won't.

  5. #55
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    10,082

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZombieKiller View Post
    To a degree. There just isn't much that excites me and I'm hard to please.

    On another note with Fe I don't fake laugh or smile. I have no enthusiasm and I am stone face most of the time. I may fake being ok at work when I'm either pissed off or sad. If someone says a stupid joke that's not funny and everyone laughs I won't.
    If someone makes a stupid joke, I will sometimes let out a very half-hearted, unenthusiastic "ha"

  6. #56
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    ~8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLE
    Posts
    565

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Conduit View Post
    Yeah, it makes sense.

    To rely solely on sensing (or solely on intuition) would ultimately lead to a very limited and narrow world view.

    Nothing worse than meeting someone who is a Se dom or aux and obviously relies solely on sensation to feed their judgement function--we've all met these types of people and they can be frustrating as hell. "If I don't see it, it doesn't exist or never happened"
    I will admit I'm often like that with stuff that just seems like speculation or reading between the lines, to me. I don't feel this is a limited view. If I can actually experience things and then make sense of them, I can have great understanding as if I had real strong intuition. But it doesn't come from intuition, well, a bit of intuition but it's intuition strictly serving Ti and Se.

    So overall I never relate to the idea that instincts would be base/senseless/brutal.

    But give me a real life example where it frustrates you when someone relies on Se only...? I want to see if we're talking about the same thing.


    Quote Originally Posted by ZombieKiller View Post
    Negative Fe for me is disconnecting and being antisocial. I don't bottle up emotions but there are times when I'm unsure why I feel sad.
    I usually can figure out the direct cause if I feel something. The deeper cause might escape me


    That one example of the Entp I would never do. If someone turns the back on me withou good reason when I help them in their time of need then I would cut them off. Let them suffer the next time they need help.

    I don't betray but I will react if done wrongly.
    I actually don't do it in the exact same way it's put in the example. However, if someone is important to me, I won't cut them off so easily, I would first fight for things to be good again. And while generally I'm not emotionally manipulative - I actually hate that shit -, Fe can come out in these cases in this negative manipulative way. It's a really inconsistent Fe then. That's the price I pay for the willingness to take shit when I decide to. Not a usual occurrence though, I will not do this with many people.


    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Conduit View Post
    I can relate. The part about not knowing why you're sad. It's especially frustrating because my wife will insist I tell her what's wrong, then gets frustrated with me when I don't know what to say.
    You guys. It's a guy thing.


    Would you say that you like "controlled spontaneity"?
    What's controlled spontaneity?


    Quote Originally Posted by ZombieKiller View Post
    To a degree. There just isn't much that excites me and I'm hard to please.
    I think the ESTP typing truly goes out the window at this point. Except if you're an ESTP with a less common enneagram type.


    On another note with Fe I don't fake laugh or smile. I have no enthusiasm and I am stone face most of the time. I may fake being ok at work when I'm either pissed off or sad. If someone says a stupid joke that's not funny and everyone laughs I won't.
    Have you considered being a Te type too?

  7. #57
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    ~8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLE
    Posts
    565

  8. #58
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Enneagram
    8
    Posts
    30

    Default

    Yes awhile back. However my Se and Ti are too strong especially Se compare to Ntj I don't have a good enough Si for it to be in my main functions. Also I'm not great at planning tho I wish I was.

Similar Threads

  1. ISTP or ESTP?
    By coasterkc in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-01-2016, 07:27 PM
  2. I'm confused: Is Spike Spigel ISTP or ESTP?
    By Illmatic in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-07-2012, 09:46 PM
  3. Main problem we have with relationships, and how can MBTI solve it
    By elranger1 in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-11-2012, 08:09 PM
  4. [ISTP] ISTP or ADD?
    By sLiPpY in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 115
    Last Post: 12-11-2009, 11:45 PM
  5. How can I solve whether I'm an INFJ or an INTJ?
    By janey_girl in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-05-2009, 03:05 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO