User Tag List

First 456

Quote Originally Posted by infinite View Post
    So do you relate to such thoughts about "brutal and senseless base instincts"? I don't... I realize that's just an example though.

I've been thinking and maybe I do something similar to tertiary Ni actually. I do have some thoughts about people as groups that I think must be Ni because if I honestly give it more thought, I can see it's just my interpretation (negative too). And possibly with more Se it would be resolved, into a better interpretation. I just feel like Se can't give enough data for a truly unambiguous way to see the situation and reach a definitely correct conclusion. Am I making sense to you here? Of course, the idea of just going with how things are is another solution, ditching any interpretations in the process.
    Yeah, it makes sense.

To rely solely on sensing (or solely on intuition) would ultimately lead to a very limited and narrow world view.

Nothing worse than meeting someone who is a Se dom or aux and obviously relies solely on sensation to feed their judgement function--we've all met these types of people and they can be frustrating as hell. "If I don't see it, it doesn't exist or never happened"

Enneagram

No I don't relate to those examples. I'm methodical in what I'm spontaneous with. Pick and choose wisely.
    Negative Fe for me is disconnecting and being antisocial. I don't bottle up emotions but there are times when I'm unsure why I feel sad.

That one example of the Entp I would never do. If someone turns the back on me withou good reason when I help them in their time of need then I would cut them off. Let them suffer the next time they need help.

I don't betray but I will react if done wrongly.

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieKiller View Post
    No I don't relate to those examples. I'm methodical in what I'm spontaneous with. Pick and choose wisely.
    Negative Fe for me is disconnecting and being antisocial. I don't bottle up emotions but there are times when I'm unsure why I feel sad.

That one example of the Entp I would never do. If someone turns the back on me withou good reason when I help them in their time of need then I would cut them off. Let them suffer the next time they need help.

I can relate. The part about not knowing why you're sad. It's especially frustrating because my wife will insist I tell her what's wrong, then gets frustrated with me when I don't know what to say.

Would you say that you like "controlled spontaneity"?

- - - Updated - - -

I can relate. The part about not knowing why you're sad. It's especially frustrating because my wife will insist I tell her what's wrong, then gets frustrated with me when I don't know what to say.

Enneagram

To a degree. There just isn't much that excites me and I'm hard to please.

On another note with Fe I don't fake laugh or smile. I have no enthusiasm and I am stone face most of the time. I may fake being ok at work when I'm either pissed off or sad. If someone says a stupid joke that's not funny and everyone laughs I won't.

On another note with Fe I don't fake laugh or smile. I have no enthusiasm and I am stone face most of the time. I may fake being ok at work when I'm either pissed off or sad. If someone says a stupid joke that's not funny and everyone laughs I won't.
    If someone makes a stupid joke, I will sometimes let out a very half-hearted, unenthusiastic "ha"

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    ~8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Conduit View Post
    Yeah, it makes sense.

To rely solely on sensing (or solely on intuition) would ultimately lead to a very limited and narrow world view.

Nothing worse than meeting someone who is a Se dom or aux and obviously relies solely on sensation to feed their judgement function--we've all met these types of people and they can be frustrating as hell. "If I don't see it, it doesn't exist or never happened"
    I will admit I'm often like that with stuff that just seems like speculation or reading between the lines, to me. I don't feel this is a limited view. If I can actually experience things and then make sense of them, I can have great understanding as if I had real strong intuition. But it doesn't come from intuition, well, a bit of intuition but it's intuition strictly serving Ti and Se.

So overall I never relate to the idea that instincts would be base/senseless/brutal.

But give me a real life example where it frustrates you when someone relies on Se only...? I want to see if we're talking about the same thing.

I usually can figure out the direct cause if I feel something. The deeper cause might escape me

I actually don't do it in the exact same way it's put in the example. However, if someone is important to me, I won't cut them off so easily, I would first fight for things to be good again. And while generally I'm not emotionally manipulative - I actually hate that shit -, Fe can come out in these cases in this negative manipulative way. It's a really inconsistent Fe then. That's the price I pay for the willingness to take shit when I decide to. Not a usual occurrence though, I will not do this with many people.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Conduit View Post
    You guys. It's a guy thing.

What's controlled spontaneity?

I think the ESTP typing truly goes out the window at this point. Except if you're an ESTP with a less common enneagram type.

Have you considered being a Te type too?

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    ~8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLE

Enneagram

Yes awhile back. However my Se and Ti are too strong especially Se compare to Ntj I don't have a good enough Si for it to be in my main functions. Also I'm not great at planning tho I wish I was.