User Tag List

First 123 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 28

  1. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Enneagram
    8
    Posts
    30

    Default

    I always carry my knife one me even when Im not suppose to.

  2. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Posts
    10,083

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZombieKiller View Post
    I always carry my knife one me even when Im not suppose to.
    Ha. My wife yelled at me once because I had my pocket knife with me when we went to a meeting at our son's school.

  3. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Enneagram
    8
    Posts
    30

    Default

    Thats good especially with all these school shootings going around.

  4. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    ~8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLE
    Posts
    565

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Conduit View Post
    I thought this would be a fun thread, as I've seen it done for other types. It almost belongs in the fluff zone, so sue me if this is too silly to be in the MBTI section.
    Lol it's alright, fun thread and all, but is something wrong with me if I related to almost none of it?

    I never bother to fix things unless I'm forced to. That can be a bit interesting then though (because of yay, challenge heh. And well, gaining a bit of understanding is cool too). I don't carry craftsman tools with me. I do remain calm through life changes but I don't throw up or whatever. If I tell people they are weirdos or other such shit about them, I will be pretty sure that they're going to get offended. Even when they don't actually get offended, I'm surprised to learn that. Btw I usually tell people such things when I'm angry. Hm and I never think about aliens.



    I'll add my own ISTP piece though: if you start working out by running regularly and then see that there's a gadget sports watch with heart rate monitor and gps and whatnot, you will instantly do an impulse buy and buy it before even getting a pair of good running shoes.

    PS: I'm female so.....that probably plays into the no craftsman thingie

  5. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Posts
    10,083

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by infinite View Post
    Lol it's alright, fun thread and all, but is something wrong with me if I related to almost none of it?

    I never bother to fix things unless I'm forced to. That can be a bit interesting then though (because of yay, challenge heh. And well, gaining a bit of understanding is cool too). I don't carry craftsman tools with me. I do remain calm through life changes but I don't throw up or whatever. If I tell people they are weirdos or other such shit about them, I will be pretty sure that they're going to get offended. Even when they don't actually get offended, I'm surprised to learn that. Btw I usually tell people such things when I'm angry. Hm and I never think about aliens.



    I'll add my own ISTP piece though: if you start working out by running regularly and then see that there's a gadget sports watch with heart rate monitor and gps and whatnot, you will instantly do an impulse buy and buy it before even getting a pair of good running shoes.

    PS: I'm female so.....that probably plays into the no craftsman thingie
    No, these are just silly ISTP stereotypes. I wouldn't expect them to apply to every one of that type.

    Honestly, there's a lot of shit around my house which needs fixing but I've put off for a long time, but if I'm at work, or someone else's house, I turn into Mr. helpful eager handyman. I do enjoy doing things for my kid, like fixing his broken toys and whatnot, but that's hardly a trait isolated to one type.

    I can relate to the sudden impulsive urge to buy cool gadgetry though

  6. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    ~8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLE
    Posts
    565

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Conduit View Post
    No, these are just silly ISTP stereotypes. I wouldn't expect them to apply to every one of that type.

    Honestly, there's a lot of shit around my house which needs fixing but I've put off for a long time, but if I'm at work, or someone else's house, I turn into Mr. helpful eager handyman. I do enjoy doing things for my kid, like fixing his broken toys and whatnot, but that's hardly a trait isolated to one type.
    I know an ISTP guy who's just like you with this way of helpfulness


    I can relate to the sudden impulsive urge to buy cool gadgetry though
    Hahaha good

  7. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LSI
    Posts
    43

    Default

    When it takes being screamed at for 30 minutes straight to get you to raise your voice, but when you do, it completely breaks the other person because it's the truth. And then you get kicked out...
    Likes chubber liked this post

  8. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LSI
    Posts
    43

    Default

    When you look internally to explain your behavior, instead of blaming it on external circumstance like most people. And you will never actually believe, or probably even say "I had no choice."

  9. #19
    Senior Member Ene's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Posts
    3,545

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZombieKiller View Post
    I always carry my knife one me even when Im not suppose to.
    You know you're an ISTP when you get ready to go into the ring at a martial arts tournament and you have to slip your friend the real Bowie knife that's hidden under you pants while no one's looking so she can hide it in her purse, then you give her the dagger that's hidden in your socks and the little one in your pocket, too. And she looks at you and says, "The other one, too." And then you pull out one more.
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=61024&page=14

  10. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Posts
    10,083

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ene View Post
    You know you're an ISTP when you get ready to go into the ring at a martial arts tournament and you have to slip your friend the real Bowie knife that's hidden under you pants while no one's looking so she can hide it in her purse, then you give her the dagger that's hidden in your socks and the little one in your pocket, too. And she looks at you and says, "The other one, too." And then you pull out one more.
    haha

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 71
    Last Post: 06-18-2015, 09:08 PM
  2. Two Minute Video of A Growing Annoyance - Do You See You or Someone Else?
    By digesthisickness in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-25-2013, 09:25 PM
  3. Are you or someone you know a psychopath?
    By JAVO in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 11-10-2012, 11:21 AM
  4. Do you think my friend is an INFJ?
    By Simi in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-09-2011, 04:11 PM
  5. [NT] NTs: how often do you let someone else win?
    By Blown Ghost in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 08-18-2010, 11:22 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO