First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    ~8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Conduit View Post
    I think this is a Fe thing as well, perhaps?
    Maybe. I don't repress my Fe at those times that much, I guess. Not that it means that it's a good refined use of Fe.

I used to be much less peaceful, more confrontational. I've learned to tone it down but my aggressive side still pokes its head out from time to time.
    How did you learn to tone it down? I only have an ON/OFF switch myself. I'm not even sure if I want to tone down more. But anyway still interested so do let me know what you did

I didn't mean to imply that I always look pissed off/angry. What I mean is that people often think I am angry or sad when I am in fact quite content. I don't smile much.
    Must be a guy thing*. In certain situations I can smile a lot without noticing. But yea, other than those situations, I don't do it. But it's not an issue overall, I don't really get told much that I'm angry/sad when I'm not.

*: Apologies if you're a girl

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    About the Ti: I just thought it might be, as INTP's also are Ti doms, i just thought there might be a relation.
    About the eye contact? It must involve more factors IMO.

About the brathing: I noticed it over time, as i would suddenly get the urge to take a very deep breath, and i always wondered why that was. I didn't actually notice i would stop breathing, for several minutes at a time, until one of my friends pointed it out to me.
    Several minutes? I highly doubt that. A few extra seconds maybe but minutes? Nah.. Your body would need the oxygen much sooner than that. Your friends don't necessarily have the tools to detect every single breath correctly.

Sheep pill, broster asynartetic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by infinite View Post
    How did you learn to tone it down? I only have an ON/OFF switch myself. I'm not even sure if I want to tone down more. But anyway still interested so do let me know what you did
    It's really just a matter of stopping, taking a look at how I am behaving, taking some deep breaths and thinking about the consequences. Easier said than done, I know. A few minutes of slow, deep breathing meditation works wonders.

It's really just a matter of stopping, taking a look at how I am behaving, taking some deep breaths and thinking about the consequences. Easier said than done, I know. A few minutes of slow, deep breathing meditation works wonders.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    ~8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLE

What kind of consequences do you think of?

What kind of consequences do you think of?
    getting fired, going to jail, people thinking I'm a brute, etc.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    ~8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLE

getting fired, going to jail, people thinking I'm a brute, etc.
    The first two are things everyone would be capable of thinking of except really impulsive psychopaths lol

As for the last one, that concern doesn't motivate me enough. I find such Fe-related worries rather limiting really. I sometimes would like to do this Fe stuff but if I try I just end up feeling un-rewarded for it. So why limit myself for no real reason?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

When you look into my eyes you will feel fire and earthquakes. INFJs love it. Everyone else is pretty much freaked out.

So I generally don't make eye contact with people because they can't handle it. A lot of people interpret this as arrogance, sometimes even meekness.

I feel like the X-man Cyclops was inspired off of my personality. I legitimately feel safe from persecution when I hide behind sunglasses. My energy is contained and I'm not judged.

But I'm an ESTP 8w7, not an ISTP.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

wrong thread

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7