User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Default Specifically, male INFJ and female ESTP dynamic.

I am a male INFJ who comes from a very ESTP family, both male and female members. My family is fiercely independent and individualistic.

In theory, the ESTP is the dominant personality, and I would agree, but at the same time, I want to be the dominant partner. However, I don't think I could sustain a position like that with an ESTP; they are simply too big to be contained, and they are meant to be the dominant partner, I think.

Besides that, I think the overall outlook of each is vastly different.

I would be interested in the opinions of any ESTPs on the forum, or INFJs, or anyone who has something to contribute. I might have made this thread before, so sorry if I did.

Sheep pill, broster asynartetic's Avatar

I think there would be potential for an equal balance of power in a INFJ-ESTP pairing. Both can be very dominant and manipulative, albeit in very different manners.

MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Conduit View Post
    I think there would be potential for an equal balance of power in a INFJ-ESTP pairing. Both can be very dominant and manipulative, albeit in very different manners.
    How can INFJ be a dominating type? I know I struggle for control without appearing to do so in all my relationships, velvet glove over an iron hand, so to speak, but I consider myself to have very few natural advantages in the struggle. Pretty much just willpower. People won't just automatically listen to me.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    ~8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by LION4!5 View Post
    How can INFJ be a dominating type?
    pick someone who's willing to be dominated

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Instead of thinking of it as dominating, think of it as team work. Use an ESTP's natural ability to be the weapon and blast obstacles out of this world, while you provide the aim with your Ni-vision. Play to your - and her - strengths.

As an ENFP, I'm not exactly known as the dominant type either, yet when I don't bother to reign myself in, plenty of people tell me they're intimidated when I go all out or consider me a dominant personality at the very least. However, I lead through cheerleading; I collect those that are competent at the tasks I need done and inspire them to do what they do best - in all of our interests. That's my style of 'leadership'; of 'dominating'.

Iow, make it your own.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    ~8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Instead of thinking of it as dominating, think of it as team work. Use an ESTP's natural ability to be the weapon and blast obstacles out of this world, while you provide the aim with your Ni-vision. Play to your - and her - strengths.
    So how do you (general "you") make an ESTP actually want this aim provided by the Ni-vision? If you can, elaborate please? Is it like the cheerleading stuff you do or something else? Example would be nice

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by infinite View Post
    So how do you (general "you") make an ESTP actually want this aim provided by the Ni-vision? If you can, elaborate please? Is it like the cheerleading stuff you do or something else? Example would be nice
    I guess you could call it that

I just find that they excell at being in the moment and relish a partner who gives them new ideas and challenges as the future manifests itself. An Ni dom would likely tap into and bolster their inferior, helping it express its represses desires, id imagine.

In short, most stps i know love gaming the system and having an Ni dom in their pocket is the next best thing to a secret treasure map
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    ~8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    I guess you could call it that

I just find that they excell at being in the moment and relish a partner who gives them new ideas and challenges as the future manifests itself. An Ni dom would likely tap into and bolster their inferior, helping it express its represses desires, id imagine.

In short, most stps i know love gaming the system and having an Ni dom in their pocket is the next best thing to a secret treasure map
    Ahah that secret treasure map thingie sounds lovely.

MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by infinite View Post
    pick someone who's willing to be dominated
    Only cult leaders do that.

Edit: And in retrospect, maybe that's why I'm not a dominating personality . . . or I think I'm not . . . who knows?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

I was close friends with an ESTP girl once.

Both of us seemed to feel equally in control of the other.