• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SP] ISTP ISFP relationship

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
These two types share some similarities (same secondary and tertiary functions, same temperament, assuming you but temperament theory [I don't, really]) and yet the differences seem as clear as night and day.

Is this a good match or is it inevitably doomed to fail?

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w5
As long as they share common interests, like to do things together, and the sex is good, I see no reason why it wouldn't work.

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w5
What would an ISTP female's take on making love all night be? Do you enjoy kissing and caressing and foreplay, or do you prefer to want to just get it over and done with and have a smoke?

L

LadyLazarus

Meh.

I feel like it may work well as we're both Se auxes so we'd share a preferred method of interpretation/operation in that respect, yet I also think Fi and Ti may clash a lot.

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w5
Meh.

I feel like it may work well as we're both Se auxes so we'd share a preferred method of interpretation/operation in that respect, yet I also think Fi and Ti may clash a lot.

I really like Ti users, except when I have a personal concern and it feels that they don't understand what I'm talking about. It's like we speak two different languages at times.

Dannik

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
For me, I find i am drawn to ISFPs very strongly,
perhaps more than any other type

Eluded_One

Building muscle memory in my brain
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
These two types share some similarities (same secondary and tertiary functions, same temperament, assuming you but temperament theory [I don't, really]) and yet the differences seem as clear as night and day.

Is this a good match or is it inevitably doomed to fail?

I reckon, FI and TI doms communication is like having a staring contest marathon.

BriarRose

MBTI Type
ISFP
My best friend tested as an ISTJ but while she indeed does not handle change well, I think she's an ISTP. We're very similar and have almost the same sense of humor. We're laidback and don't mind just hanging out at the house. She used to be pretty rude with her opinions (even making fun of my appearance) but has grown out of it. (And I'm probably rude sometimes too, but I usually just don't think about it sounding rude because I'm usually kidding.)

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I forgot I started this thread.

I'd have to say that the biggest problem in my marriage has been that my wife and I enable one another to be irresponsible. For instance, if either is stressed about money, the other one will say 'fuck it, let's go out to eat tonight or take a spontaneous trip to the beach.' Neither of us really enjoys or are good at planning--we can do it, we just have to force ourselves to do it, and more often it's easier to simply let things take their course and wait to jump into action when the shit hits the fan.

countrygirl

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I forgot I started this thread.

I'd have to say that the biggest problem in my marriage has been that my wife and I enable one another to be irresponsible. For instance, if either is stressed about money, the other one will say 'fuck it, let's go out to eat tonight or take a spontaneous trip to the beach.' Neither of us really enjoys or are good at planning--we can do it, we just have to force ourselves to do it, and more often it's easier to simply let things take their course and wait to jump into action when the shit hits the fan.

I'll agree with this as my husband is an ISTP. However, I am more of a planner (but not a great one) and freak out when things don't go as planned and my husband is great at putting out fires, and making my messed up plans work.

I do find that we come to the same conclusion but by different ways of thinking. And different ways of thinking usually causes arguments which we figure out quickly and laugh the disagreements off.

And ya, the sex is great. :static:

As to answer your original question, it has been a good match for us. I think the best aspect for me is that he understands my need for space and alone time and not offended by it.

Oh and we don't mind the silence between us.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'll agree with this as my husband is an ISTP. However, I am more of a planner (but not a great one) and freak out when things don't go as planned and my husband is great at putting out fires, and making my messed up plans work.

I do find that we come to the same conclusion but by different ways of thinking. And different ways of thinking usually causes arguments which we figure out quickly and laugh the disagreements off.

I'm not sure who the better planner is in our marriage. I guess it depends on the situation and circumstances. She usually manages our money, reads our bank statements and pays our bills, which is perfectly fine with me. I tend to be more interested in planning stuff like, for example, what to pack for camping trips, or which route to take on car trips.

And ya, the sex is great. :static:

Indeed. We don't get to do it as often as we used to (used to be at least three times a week) now that we are both busy and have a kid, but when it happens, it's the best.

As to answer your original question, it has been a good match for us. I think the best aspect for me is that he understands my need for space and alone time and not offended by it.

I've heard a lot of women bitch about needy men who don't give them space. That's usually a problem people associate with women, but there seem to be just as many clingy, needy men in the world...I think a lot of it must stem from insecurity. my wife has told me she appreciates I give her a lot of space. I get the impression her ex boyfriends were a bunch of clingy little bitches.

Oh and we don't mind the silence between us.

Yes. It's refreshing to be married to someone who is cool doing different things or not speaking while hanging out in the same room. Every girlfriend I had before demanded my constant attention and took my silence to mean something was wrong. My wife will often work on arts and crafts while I will be working on one of my own projects, surfing wikipedia, or playing videogames. It's awesome

countrygirl

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I'm not sure who the better planner is in our marriage. I guess it depends on the situation and circumstances. She usually manages our money, reads our bank statements and pays our bills, which is perfectly fine with me. I tend to be more interested in planning stuff like, for example, what to pack for camping trips, or which route to take on car trips.

I also manage the bills and cash flow. And the budget which my husband doesn't mind. I always keep him in the loop about these things as well. He prefers to have actual facts/numbers where as I have been doing this for years and know on a hunch whether there is enough cash. All I ask of him is to let me know if he withdrawal. Note, that does not mean he needs my permission to withdrawal.

Indeed. We don't get to do it as often as we used to (used to be at least three times a week) now that we are both busy and have a kid, but when it happens, it's the best.

LOL. I can relate. If you have more kids, there will be even less time. :cry: I have three.

I've heard a lot of women bitch about needy men who don't give them space. That's usually a problem people associate with women, but there seem to be just as many clingy, needy men in the world...I think a lot of it must stem from insecurity. my wife has told me she appreciates I give her a lot of space. I get the impression her ex boyfriends were a bunch of clingy little bitches.

I cannot tolerate needy or men who need their ego stroked. I think it is compounded by the fact that I am very independent.

Yes. It's refreshing to be married to someone who is cool doing different things or not speaking while hanging out in the same room. Every girlfriend I had before demanded my constant attention and took my silence to mean something was wrong. My wife will often work on arts and crafts while I will be working on one of my own projects, surfing wikipedia, or playing videogames. It's awesome

:nice:

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I also manage the bills and cash flow. And the budget which my husband doesn't mind. I always keep him in the loop about these things as well. He prefers to have actual facts/numbers where as I have been doing this for years and know on a hunch whether there is enough cash. All I ask of him is to let me know if he withdrawal. Note, that does not mean he needs my permission to withdrawal.

That's more or less how it works in our home.