User Tag List

First 123 Last

Thread: Second Chances

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp

Second chances? Only if I didn't really mean the break up the first time round. If the break up was to teach a lesson or to make her realise how much she wants me etc.

if I meant the break up, then no way, no going back. I will have had a good reason and unless that has drastically changed, no way.

I dated my wife briefly, then we went our separate ways for a few years, then she found her way back to me and we haven't been apart since.
    Masculine presenting transgender lesbian

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by ameeker View Post
    Have any ISTPs ever gotten back together with someone in a romantic relationship?
    I have never gone back to someone that I've had a relationship with. It's like the book has been read. I'm not saying I wouldn't but there would have to be extenuating circumstances that ended the relationship other than compatibility for me to go back. Maybe like, they moved away or something.

I would be open to re-dating some people that initially, I never got too serious with.
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3
    Socionics
    EIE

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Conduit View Post
    I dated my wife briefly, then we went our separate ways for a few years, then she found her way back to me and we haven't been apart since.
    I like this.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3
    Socionics
    EIE

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Conduit View Post
    I like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ameeker View Post
    I like this.
    She found me and pulled me out of the fire like Mona Sax saving Max Payne in Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne.
    Masculine presenting transgender lesbian

I have a question about friendship and second chances. Recently I just got dropped by my ISTP friend. At the time her behavior was very puzzling and it was only after I started reading about ISTP's that I understood. Basically my friend withdrew due to some stressful circumstances. Normally, she was up for hanging out and doing lots of things --we've always had a great time together and made time for each other. I hadn't heard from her in awhile and said she was M.I.A. ...kind of teasing and missing her, but she basically severed ties via text, not even allowing for discussion or offering an explanation. It wasn't until after reading posts about ISTP's had I realized that she was working some things out, needed space, and I had probably crossed a line. I waited a couple weeks and wrote a sincere apology, explaining things logically and without emotion. I'm an INTJ, and pretty independent, but definitely check in with friends if I know they have a build up of stress. I readily admit when I'm wrong, especially if I've unknowingly caused damage in some way. I want to fix things. It's been two months now and have heard ZERO from her. I'm taking this a little hard because I considered her part of my inner circle. I fear all is lost, despite the awesome friendship we had going. Anyone care to weigh in please? Irreparable?

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3
    Socionics
    EIE

I've found that it's pointless to expect my bf to drop me anytime I make an error and having a constant fear of abandonment is no way to live. I'm gathering that ISTPs drop people mostly if it's a really big deal. It all depends on how close you are and if that makes up or does not make up for whatever it is you did. It also helps to have enough contact to be like "hey, i'm still here" but to give them enough space to be like "you can come back anytime you're ready." I hope she comes around.

I just believe being a good communicator and working through problems (big and small) are worth it. People grow from mistakes. We have only been friends for about two years. I do not run into her in the natural course of my day...still radio silence (4 months). I'm not sure how close this ISTP let me get. I thought we had the makings of a good friendship. When a person is in contact nearly daily with me and then drops off for several...my initial reaction is worry. I check in. Maybe that is super annoying to her...if it was, she never said. I would have gladly corrected my behavior. I asked via text if she was ok, and it was unlike her to be disconnected. She said "I'm busy. I'm good" ...I said "too busy to say hey?" ...I guess I took her response as dismissive. At any rate, she dropped me right there. After writing my apology I have since sent 3 texts that were interest-based...stuff we bonded over....keeping it light. No response. Should I give up? Is this futile? I'm not sure she'd actually reach out

MBTI
    STP

When I am done I am done. Takes a while, but done just means that. I may walk out a couple times. If left alone the first time I am gone, I am up to try again, but I dont initiate it. I guess, basically, you have so many shots, after that there is no progression past friendship. Of course, my version of friendship...my only real friendship limit is that I will not be tied down by a friend in my searching for someone else.
    Im out, its been fun