User Tag List

First 67891018 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

I don't know, but I could give you my results from Understanding the Eight Jungian Cognitive Processes / Eight Functions Attitudes , just to give you an idea anyway:

extraverted Sensing (Se) ************************* (25.3)
    average use
    introverted Sensing (Si) ************************ (24.2)
    average use
    extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ********************************** (34.5)
    good use
    introverted Intuiting (Ni) ************************************** (38.3)
    excellent use
    extraverted Thinking (Te) ********************************** (34.5)
    good use
    introverted Thinking (Ti) ************************************ (36.7)
    excellent use
    extraverted Feeling (Fe) ****************** (18)
    limited use
    introverted Feeling (Fi) **************************** (28.1)
    average use

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Splittet View Post
    I don't know, but I could give you my results from Understanding the Eight Jungian Cognitive Processes / Eight Functions Attitudes , just to give you an idea anyway:

average use
    average use
    good use
    excellent use
    good use
    excellent use
    limited use
    average use
    That is probably the best personality assessment on the Internet.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Actually, a lot of people end up with these processes mixed up in an order that doesn't seem to suggest any of the 16 types exactly.

I took that test a while ago and ended up with Ti first, Ne second, Si third and Fe last, and that definitely suggests INTP.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Why not just explain Si, Se, Ni and Ne in an easy fashion?

Sensing is either living in the moment (Se) or the moment generating visions of the past (Si).

Intuiting is either the moment generating ideas of possibilities (Ne) or visions of the future (Ni).

(You guys can probably give better definitions, but method and not definitions are the point here. On the other hand, listening to an INTJ about how to explain things, especially this one, might in general be a bad idea.)

Then one might say sensors tend to me concrete, intuitives abstract. Sensors tend to focus on details, intuitives on the big picture and so on.

But really it is not strange it is hard to explain intuiting and sensing, since they both consist of two concepts. How do you explain two concepts as one? That's kind of artificial, isn't it?
    The way I see it is that both Si and Ni look to the past, but for different reasons. I think that "generating visions of the future" sounds too "supernatural" for purposes of personality assessment. I think Ni is more like reviewing past experiences to generate ideas and possibilities.

Ni is also abstraction directed inward, and so it is the function that desires intellectual stimulation. Ne is abstraction directed outward, and so it's the expression of ideas -- making it the function of creative imagination.

NOTE: Creativity is really not related to imagination or Intuition, when you think about it. I believe that it's any of the Extraverted functions that are creative, because creativity is directed in the outer world.

This site sums up the functions in a way that I am quite fond of.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    The way I see it is that both Si and Ni look to the past, but for different reasons. I think that "generating visions of the future" sounds too "supernatural" for purposes of personality assessment. I think Ni is more like reviewing past experiences to generate ideas and possibilities.

Ni is also abstraction directed inward, and so it is the function that desires intellectual stimulation. Ne is abstraction directed outward, and so it's the expression of ideas -- making it the function of creative imagination.

NOTE: Creativity is really not related to imagination or Intuition, when you think about it. I believe that it's any of the Extraverted functions that are creative, because creativity is directed in the outer world.
    Very good points. I would definitely say Ne is the most creative function. It is interesting to debate if Se or Ni is more creative though. And I don't feel the word creative is very descriptive of Ni, I think it can be very visionary though.

When it comes to types and creativity I think the word creative some times get tossed around too much, but I have very high standards for what I consider creative. Do I consider 25-35 % (N percentage) of the population creative? Not nearly. I would perhaps consider 10 % of the population pretty creative.

Absolutely loved the link, by the way.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    A good point yes.. and exhibionistic, self revealing..

Control and direction. I knew it I knew it! Beware of these TJs. They all have the Te at the top function unit. Te-Ni or Ni-Te or Te-Si or Si-Te.

That is why his name is Uberfuhrer, see?
    Especially be aware of the xNTJs. Like many of history's xNFJs, the xNTJs also have a dream...but the xNTJs are just not as nice!

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Very good points. I would definitely say Ne is the most creative function. It is interesting to debate if Se or Ni is more creative though. And I don't feel the word creative is very descriptive of Ni, I think it can be very visionary though.

When it comes to types and creativity I think the word creative some times get tossed around too much, but I have very high standards for what I consider creative. Do I consider 25-35 % (N percentage) of the population creative? Not nearly. I would perhaps consider 10 % of the population pretty creative.

Absolutely loved the link, by the way.
    Yeah, as an Ni, I have abstract visions in my mind, but I have trouble communicating them more concretely, except through the use of words and perhaps directing others and such. I often like to draw, but the pictures I created on paper are not quite the way I imagined them in my head.

I think that's the main difference between Ni and Ne. Ne has an easier time bringing their inner conceptions into reality because they have better spatial skills, so an Ne is probably more proficient in art, inventing, and the detail work involved in realizing a personal Intuitive vision.

MBTI
    ENFj
    Enneagram
    2w3

Quote Originally Posted by Imnottoopopular
    Actually, a lot of people end up with these processes mixed up in an order that doesn't seem to suggest any of the 16 types exactly.
    Agreed. I have taken the test a couple of times which always results being Ni dominant with Fi being a close second making me an INFJ by their estimates. It also says I have average use of both Ti & Te which isn't true either.
    "At points of clarity, I realize that my life on earth is meaningless, and that I am merely a pawn in a bigger game. A game I cannot possibly understand or have control of. Thankfully, before depression sets in, I drift back into my cloudy, bewildered daily routine." **Joel Patrick Warneke**

MBTI
    INTP

average use
    average use
    good use
    excellent use
    good use
    excellent use
    limited use
    average use
    Appreciated. You are not much of a J.. apart from the Ni.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    Appreciated. You are not much of a J.. apart from the Ni.
    Yeah, but results aren't 100 % perfect... But true, my J has grown much weaker in just the past year. I am kind of into an existential and identity crisis. I have less focus.