User Tag List

First 31112131415 Last

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    Tests which are not self-selecting suggest that Ns number no more than 1 in 7 of general population
    What tests would those be? The formal types with a clinician shows about 1/3 to 1/4, not 1/7.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post
    What tests would those be? The formal types with a clinician shows about 1/3 to 1/4, not 1/7.
    which clinician would those be?

@#$#$%#$^$ S-types, always asking me to cite my sources....!@#@##@%
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    INTJ

Don't quote data if you don't want to give your sources. And this is coming from another N.

What, he has to give his sources but you won't give yours?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Economica View Post
    Don't quote data if you don't want to give your sources. And this is coming from another N.

What, he has to give his sources but you won't give yours?
    Now I've got a J jumping on my ass.

If I must explain: ptgatsby cites "clinicians" but demands I be more specific. I don't care who his sources are, because they are wrong. Don't you know I'm only interested in facts that support my theories

Lots of exciting data/charts/matrices in Myers: Gifts Differing. Amongst others.

Enneagram
    1w2

Default Show me the money, pls

And that's what kills me.

Anybody who has good critical thinking skills will ask someone for evidence. That way you can weigh one thing against another and decide. But it seems like whenever this kind of stuff comes up on the forum, no evidence, all anecdotal and based on personal experience and it's law. And when you ask for evidence or ask for things that will get the question answered, none surfaces which compounds type stereotypes. That's a nice way to get out of proving anything really, call someone who wants some proof a sensor or unimaginative or uncreative.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

My grandfather was ISTJ. My best friend during my mechanicking days was ISTP.

When I lost both, I never felt safe again.

MBTI
    ISTP

The one that has to be there to verify your type at the end of any formal MBTI test....?

Well, don't bother... Just tell me how you can give someone a MBTI test that isn't self-selecting...? Are you just observing and guessing then...? Because I believe that goes against the handbook's rule of ethics on allowing the individual to be the final judge of their type...

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    That's a nice way to get out of proving anything really, call someone who wants some proof a sensor or unimaginative or uncreative.
    Oh, that's not entirely fair.

This way I can continue to keep balance by doing what I enjoy - calling Ns ungrounded and pointing out stuff like this. It's a symbiotic relationship Without it, I'd have no reason to exist!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

And that's what kills me.

Anybody who has good critical thinking skills will ask someone for evidence. That way you can weigh one thing against another and decide. But it seems like whenever this kind of stuff comes up on the forum, no evidence, all anecdotal and based on personal experience and it's law. And when you ask for evidence or ask for things that will get the question answered, none surfaces which compounds type stereotypes. That's a nice way to get out of proving anything really, call someone who wants some proof a sensor or unimaginative or uncreative.
    oh get over yourself, and reread my post. I didn't pluck 1/7 from the ether, despite worshiping at the alter of N.

Enneagram
    1w2

oh get over yourself, and reread my post. I didn't pluck 1/7 from the ether, despite worshiping at the alter of N.
    I'd suggest the same of you. Where did you get it from? I have a feeling from the dead center of your ass, but I'm willing to get proved wrong.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

I'd suggest the same of you. Where did you get it from? I have a feeling from the dead center of your ass, but I'm willing to get proved wrong.
    Typical S - resorts to the scatological.