• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTP] Why are words considered a luxury to the ISTP?

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
They are probably reading you and yea it might be a test. I don't know what can you do? He's just looking at you. Try not to care I guess and just do whatever it is you were doing.

Yeah the thing is that this is more of something that an 8 would do, and not a 7w8. I wonder if you a mistyped 8?
[MENTION=14015]Urarienev[/MENTION]

I know this wasn't directed towards me, but I find this really funny.

I actually wonder what the stare down would feel like if I were a guy. But since I'm not, and I only know male ISTP's, I always took the stare down as like a sexual kinda thing or something. Funny

I usually just tell ISTP's to go fuck themselves when they do this to me.

I would say that it is not a waste of time. But there's a catch. There can't be small talk. And it has to be with someone that is up to speed with what I'm saying. I am quite impatient when people don't even try to understand what I'm saying.

I find that A LOT of what is said at my job...is small talk. Which is tedious and yes, it's a meaningless waste of time. I like to get right into the subject, and not tip toe around all the empty body language, or the phrases that people have to use just to get the real heart of a matter.

So the repetitive requirements of some of the socializing that takes place between people annoys me.

So then you probably don't like to talk about yourself then do you?

Yea, it was really bad when my freind just kept wanting me to stop saying that, and I would still ask him "why." He's an ISFJ and he was only explaining the way it feels not the concept and thought process behind it. I'm glad I can finally understand why people like others to politically correct now though.

I IMMEDIATELY understood why gays hated me to say it, I just still say it though, because I don't like to sensor my speech.

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yeah the thing is that this is more of something that an 8 would do, and not a 7w8. I wonder if you're a mistyped 8?

Yea, I wouldn't really know...I never thought about it.

So then you probably don't like to talk about yourself then do you?

Well honestly, I like to talk a lot if the situation provides me with such freedom. And I don't mind talking about myself. I'd say I easily self disclose. More than most people.

BUT not if it starts with "Hello, how are you?" and it's not meant for me to really answer.

I think everyone just says a whole bunch of shit, as a prerequisite to actually talking about what really matters. I hate the everyday bullshit of talking.

Hey what's up?
Nothin much you?
How was your day?
Good you?
Fine.

Exhausting ^ and all examples of things that I hate going through the motions of.

Unless I haven't seen the person in a long time, and I am really close to them..."How are you?" is just a superficial gesture that nobody wants answered....

Nobody wants to ask "Hi, how are you?" and have a stranger say "Shitty, I just found out..blah blah blah." They just want you to say good.

And I find that to be very meaningless...cause it is. lol

But Te does not mind talking in general. Especially if it's the dom function. I'd say it's the opposite of Fe, in that regard, cause it does like to focus on itself (because whenever you have Te, you also have Fi.) But it's very similar to Fe, in that it wants feedback from other people's thought process.

It's more of an 8 thing to test people to see how strong they are.

I don't think he likes ppl trying to retype him lol. :p

yeghor

He looks and acts a lot like my coworker...just a beefed-up (leveled up?) version of my coworker...

Clothing style seems to fit too...

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
[MENTION=14015]Urarienev[/MENTION]

Yea, I wouldn't really know...I never thought about it.

CP 6w7's do this, when they afraid of them, and it is a form of facing their fears, 7w8's do this just because they like to fuck with people, and 8w7's do this to see how strong someone is.

Well honestly, I like to talk a lot if the situation provides me with such freedom. And I don't mind talking about myself. I'd say I easily self disclose. More than most people.

BUT not if it starts with "Hello, how are you?" and it's not meant for me to really answer.

I think everyone just says a whole bunch of shit, as a prerequisite to actually talking about what really matters. I hate the everyday bullshit of talking.

Hey what's up?
Nothin much you?
How was your day?
Good you?
Fine.

Exhausting ^ and all examples of things that I hate going through the motions of.

Unless I haven't seen the person in a long time, and I am really close to them..."How are you?" is just a superficial gesture that nobody wants answered....

Nobody wants to ask "Hi, how are you?" and have a stranger say "Shitty, I just found out..blah blah blah." They just want you to say good.

And I find that to be very meaningless...cause it is. lol

But Te does not mind talking in general. Especially if it's the dom function. I'd say it's the opposite of Fe, in that regard, cause it does like to focus on itself (because whenever you have Te, you also have Fi.) But it's very similar to Fe, in that it wants feedback from other people's thought process.

So in other words, you don't like the Fe social norm bullshit?

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
CP 6w7's do this, when they afraid of them, and it is a form of facing their fears, 7w8's do this just because they like to fuck with people, and 8w7's do this to see how strong someone is.

So in other words, you don't like the Fe social norm bullshit?

Yea, I unconsciously test people. I don't always know I'm doing it, until after I reflect on it.

And yea it's a little bit of Fe I guess....and it's mostly social dom stuff too. Not my style.

badger055

Permabanned
speaking of istp death stares

aldostare.gif

badger055

Permabanned
I think his eyes look apathetic and distant. Timid, even.

I guess it would make more sense with context. He has a reputation for being a killer. Those are the eyes of someone who has killed many men.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
Yea, I unconsciously test people. I don't always know I'm doing it, until after I reflect on it.

And yea it's a little bit of Fe I guess....and it's mostly social dom stuff too. Not my style.

Yeah being social last, and a non-Fe user, I can see why you would hate this.

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yeah being social last, and a non-Fe user, I can see why you would hate this.

I actually can tolerate Fe. It makes sense to me.

But social instinct is like....this unwritten, unspoken code, that I just can't decode. Therefore I don't care about it. It seems like a lot of energy is used to uphold some of the things social doms want me to do. And the worst part is that it's unspoken lol. That, and I just don't think about the same things so doms do. Their priorities are always a huge conscious delayed effort for me to keep up with.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
I actually can tolerate Fe. It makes sense to me.

But social instinct is like....this unwritten, unspoken code, that I just can't decode. Therefore I don't care about it. It seems like a lot of energy is used to uphold some of the things social doms want me to do. And the worst part is that it's unspoken lol. That, and I just don't think about the same things so doms do. Their priorities are always a huge conscious delayed effort for me to keep up with.

This is why I often question whether or not I am social last. [MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION] tells me he also can not deconstruct the social sphere either. However, I am "supposedly" social last, but yet the social sphere is something that I can VERY EASILY navigate through and naturally understand.

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This is why I often question whether or not I am social last. [MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION] tells me he also can not deconstruct the social sphere either. However, I am "supposedly" social last, but yet the social sphere is something that I can VERY EASILY navigate through and naturally understand.

Guh, yeah, sometimes it seems like your instincts shape-shift. lol

I don't think you're social dom though.

yeghor

There's this ISTP coworker...

The problem is he sometimes decides to acknowledge me as a person and acts as a "friend" so I adjust my setting for him to friend... Then after a while he starts ignoring me or giving me generic greetings and treats me like an acquintance...

There was this one time when I was in company cafeteria and all tables were empty, and the ISTP came with another acquintance (whom I also know) and they sat on the table right next to mine... It was awkward... They weren't talking about something private either... After a while their table got more crowded and some time later another person on their table said "come on do come to our table"... and I of course refused and then they started pestering me...

Luckily my ENTJ friend appeared out of nowhere, and said that he felt that I'd been quite left alone and sat on my table... We had a nice chat, totally ignoring the other table and the other table stopped pestering me...

Fast forward 3-4days...ISTP comes to my department for work, I greet him like an acquintance, we don't talk at all... Then while leaving my department, he goes out of his way to acknowledge me and say goodbye...

What the hell is going on? I can't change my settings this rapidly...

It seems like whenever I go after him (which to me is just the way I treat friends) he feels irritated and pulls away... Moreover, his irritation may not related to me at all... It's just it feels as if he's becoming distant, loudmouthed and an asshole sometimes (perhaps every full moon)... And then becomes warmer from time to time... I'd say he was PMSing if he was a woman...

Please help... :unsure:

W

WALMART

The problem is he sometimes decides to acknowledge me as a person and acts as a "friend" so I adjust my setting for him to friend... Then after a while he starts ignoring me or giving me generic greetings and treats me like an acquintance...

There was this one time when I was in company cafeteria and all tables were empty, and the ISTP came with another acquintance (whom I also know) and they sat on the table right next to mine... It was awkward... They weren't talking about something private either... After a while their table got more crowded and some time later another person on their table said "come on do come to our table"... and I of course refused and then they started pestering me...

Luckily my ENTJ friend appeared out of nowhere, and said that he felt that I'd been quite left alone and sat on my table... We had a nice chat, totally ignoring the other table and the other table stopped pestering me...

Fast forward 3-4days...ISTP comes to my department for work, I greet him like an acquintance, we don't talk at all... Then while leaving my department, he goes out of his way to acknowledge me and say goodbye...

It seems like whenever I go after him (which to me is just the way I treat friends) he feels irritated and pulls away... Moreover, his irritation may not related to me at all... It's just it feels as if he's becoming distant, loudmouthed and an asshole sometimes (perhaps every full moon)... And then becomes warmer from time to time... I'd say he was PMSing if he was a woman...

I kind of relate to how you characterize him.

It surprised me, when I answered someone's question the other day and he asked back, "What's wrong?" another coworker answering for me, "He just doesn't like talking."

I never would have guessed I give off an aura of not liking to talk, but I do get asked regularly "What's wrong?" Even my brother earlier told me I seemed like I was in a spiritual realization or something (can't remember his exact words), but I was just... driving.

I wouldn't take anything personal, really, we're just.... empty. We enjoy the empty. Maybe when he sat at the other table he didn't want to force himself upon you? idk. Seems like a rationalization I would make. The first day on some job I left for lunch the instant we were let off, not knowing (and not wanting to find out) everyone goes to lunch together (on-site job with four other coworkers) - when I got back they asked if I was too good to eat lunch with them, lol. I just didn't want to interject myself into their group, I'm happy alone.

badger055

Permabanned

Sounds like a whole lot of nothing to me. I'm not really aware of social niceties I just do whatever.