Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    It seems like every ISTP that I know seems to hate to talk. I mean, it seems like words are just seemed like an unnecessary evil to them. In fact, I find that when I ask them questions, they almost look at me with a look of scorn on their face because I am forcing them to communicate. Why are ISTP's like this? Also, please don't say, "It's because they're introverts" because I find that many introverts aren't like this (the INFJ and the INFP) especially.
    this thread needed to be made. thank you

I want to tell half of the ISTPs I meet "this isn't The Walking Dead. I'm not a zombie, stop having a gut center staredown with me and let's have a conversation"
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by chana View Post
    This stereotype makes me reconsider my boyfriend's type because he can talk a lot when he feels like it. Loves arguing and bullshitting and telling stories. I'm way less talkative, especially in social situations.
    When istps find their tongue they start talking as much as estps.

Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Ti is concise.
    C#2-C#5-F#5
    3 octaves, 2 notes and 1 semitone
    Supported range: F#2-F#4-C#5

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

You guys must know some pretty hard-edged ISTPs. My dad and aunty are both ISTPs and they're much more laid back and cheerful.

My dad particularly doesn't talk much about himself, but can be chatty at times (especially after a few beers). In conversations he spends more time asking people questions about themselves - what they've been doing, what their work involves, whether they've been fishing/golfing/playing sport, how their family is etc. He never really thinks to say something about himself, unless it's a funny anecdote he thinks the other person will appreciate.
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

They do talk - just a different language than most people use.

It's called body language. One of the reasons they get on with animals often - they have that in common.

Fun fact: cats learned to meow because people suck so badly at reading body language
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

failed poetry slam career chubber's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Yeah I was quite surprised when the guy said he was ISTP... so quiet in the background and then suddenly starts talking out of the blue.

Rogue heart

Quote Originally Posted by LadyLazarus View Post
    Why would they need words when they can just punch a guy in the nose and draw symbols with his blood to convey their thoughts?
    lol talk about creative expression

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by yeghor View Post
    Yeah I noticed Fe-inf guys (IxTPs) seem to regard males displaying Fe behaviour as such... though theroretically I suppose IxTP chicks would dig it...

Well his behaviour is going beyond being the underdog and going towards being extremely judgmental and bigotish about people's lifestyles and preferences... Feels almost like he's projecting some kind of internal complex onto them... Like, "it's certain they'll hate me, so I'll hate them first"...
    Yea I don't know maybe. I don't have anything like that though.

What does it require for you to be able to make a connection...?
    Similarities I guess. Similar outlooks on life, similar sense of humour, similar way of thinking, similar interests. People of a similar type will usually get me which means people with Se. Most of my friends have been ESTPs, ESFPs and 7s or 8s. But I guess it depends a lot on the ISTP's enneagram type as well. I know an ISTP 5 on another forum who loves INFJs, ENFJs, ENFPs.

I am sexually drawn to high Se... I would expect Fe to do the same for ISTPs...
    Yea I don't know I can draw in ENFJs and INFJs pretty easily but it doesn't really go both ways. I'm not drawn to Fe at all. I get a long better with ENFJs than INFJs because we are each other's shadow type and they have more Se.

I find Se-aux as attractive as Se-dom... I was hoping there'd be a mental overlap between Ni-Ti and Ti-Ni... And both wouldn't irritate their inferiors too much...
    Sounds good in theory but in practice no. They are completely different. INFJs live in some crazy Ni world that is far far away from the realistic ISTP world tempered by Se.

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    They do talk - just a different language than most people use.

It's called body language. One of the reasons they get on with animals often - they have that in common.
    Oh is that why? I thought I was just related to wolves.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Grin.

You guys seem to notice things - moods, movements, glances. You use them yourself. You automatically mimic their body language, and usually exude a calm and confidence that most herd animals will consider reassuring, if you aint going after them as a predator, and will make a predator think twice before considering you prey.

You look at women in the same way - and influence them that same way.

After all, body language makes up the largest part of our communication - even for those that aren't aware of it, or skilled at it.

I've never needed to talk to an ISTP to know if he was for me. All I needed was an evening of eye contact, observation and syncing up. And they seem to need not much more.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    Non-talkers drive me INSANE! Granted, I am a very talkative person and I love to talk so I am bias, but still. How else are you supposed to communicate with someone? Osmosis of thought? This has always confounded me. I'll see people who are good friends, but they talk very little to each other (from what I can observe). It's like... how do you know about the person? How does your friendship build? Is it magic? Where's the voodoo doll?

Kidding aside, this really does confound me. I actually want to know from non-talkers. How do you build relationships? Though I should point out, there is a difference between someone who is a quiet listener, and someone who just doesn't talk much. A quiet listener, prefers to listen and let the other person speak. But, they offer up feedback and will continue the discussion (I have a few friends like this, I do get strained sometimes but that's my own problem). They will share what they think, just not readily and it needs to be prompted. Someone who doesn't talk is someone who does have thoughts, but just doesn't feel compelled or want to speak them, or they just don't care. I just... I don't get it at all.

(I think this is independent of type, but I do agree this seems to be somewhat common amongst ISTP's).
    Considering like 90% of communication is non-verbal I can see why not talking very much can still make you a good communicator with people. People say I give great massages even though I hardly give them, non verbal kinesthetic skill is where I shine.