User Tag List

First 41213141516 Last

Results 131 to 140 of 155

  1. #131
    resonance entropie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783
    Posts
    16,761

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    Well, my Ni is developed better than my Se, if that explains it. But now that i think about it, I used to type as an INTJ, although i hear that many ISTP's do
    That explains it..
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

  2. #132
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    ~8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLE
    Posts
    565

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    That explains it..
    You called this N? "It's because we are introverted thinkers, and secondarily, extraverted sensors. So, we prefer to not communicate our thoughts, and instead focus on our environment. By asking them a question, you are forcing them to set both of those tendencies aside. This is exemplified with our Ni, and our irritation shows more because of our Fe."

    See the bolded

  3. #133
    resonance entropie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783
    Posts
    16,761

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by infinity- View Post
    You called this N? "It's because we are introverted thinkers, and secondarily, extraverted sensors. So, we prefer to not communicate our thoughts, and instead focus on our environment. By asking them a question, you are forcing them to set both of those tendencies aside. This is exemplified with our Ni, and our irritation shows more because of our Fe."

    See the bolded
    Do you believe that shit really ? This sounds like you were some sort of computer following a programming.

    What would be, if an introverted thinker for example likes to communicate his thoughts. Why shouldnt he ? And what sets him apart from the extrovert thinker would be the fact that he is a minute thinker, while the Te type would be a global thinker.

    Or what about dynamic ? When Ti and Se merge to TSe. A TSe thinker maybe sucks in creating flow charts but on the battlefield he maybe has the best vision for strategic victory.

    The way you portray those things isn't by a far reach grasping on the edge of complexity that is life.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

  4. #134
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    ~8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLE
    Posts
    565

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Do you believe that shit really ? This sounds like you were some sort of computer following a programming.
    The ISTP guy - @Dragonfly - I was quoting from actually described the way I am IRL pretty well. My response was nothing to do with computer programs... If it's hard for you to imagine that someone can be like this and thus call it bullshit, too bad.

    The only one thing I'd correct is it's an oversimplification that Ti never likes to speak... for me it's just hard to verbalize stuff but it's a nice exercise attempting it. Just not IRL though, because my attention will be focused differently than when I sit in front of a PC typing away. And how that focus is different is what the guy really seems to have grasped so well.


    What would be, if an introverted thinker for example likes to communicate his thoughts. Why shouldnt he ? And what sets him apart from the extrovert thinker would be the fact that he is a minute thinker, while the Te type would be a global thinker.
    Sure I like communicating my thoughts under certain circumstances. As explained above.

    I'm kind of skeptical on that distinction about the Ti = minute thinker vs Te = global thinker here but nevermind that.


    Or what about dynamic ? When Ti and Se merge to TSe. A TSe thinker maybe sucks in creating flow charts but on the battlefield he maybe has the best vision for strategic victory.

    The way you portray those things isn't by a far reach grasping on the edge of complexity that is life.
    Just as a reminder, it was someone else in this thread who wrote that sentence.

    I honestly don't even know what you got upset about here. I was simply asking what seemed N-ish to you in that sentence as you previously commented on it with that opinion.

  5. #135
    resonance entropie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783
    Posts
    16,761

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by infinity- View Post
    The only one thing I'd correct is it's an oversimplification that Ti never likes to speak... for me it's just hard to verbalize stuff but it's a nice exercise attempting it. Just not IRL though, because my attention will be focused differently than when I sit in front of a PC typing away. And how that focus is different is what the guy really seems to have grasped so well.
    What about dynamics in character ? To say, I have, I do, I want, I need does bring you to a point when you have a pretty static image of yourself. but is everyone always like that or do we change ? Over time with experience ? In a second thru emotion ? Can you at all really pinpoint down someone that precisely to say he is this or that.

    Maybe the gamma quadra achiever is in his freetime the total social beta. While the total social beta on the job, becomes some sort of ambitious achiever for compliments in his freetime with his friends. How static is personality is the question ? Doesnt it change and fluctuate ?


    I honestly don't even know what you got upset about here. I was simply asking what seemed N-ish to you in that sentence as you previously commented on it with that opinion.
    I am not upset, I want to expand your mind. So you do not make the same mistakes I once did.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

  6. #136
    Senior Member yeghor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2,418

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    What about dynamics in character ? To say, I have, I do, I want, I need does bring you to a point when you have a pretty static image of yourself. but is everyone always like that or do we change ? Over time with experience ? In a second thru emotion ? Can you at all really pinpoint down someone that precisely to say he is this or that.

    Maybe the gamma quadra achiever is in his freetime the total social beta. While the total social beta on the job, becomes some sort of ambitious achiever for compliments in his freetime with his friends. How static is personality is the question ? Doesnt it change and fluctuate ?

    I am not upset, I want to expand your mind. So you do not make the same mistakes I once did.
    We can use the functions interchangeably... Our MBTI type represents our "strongest" and "most capable" preference... A Ti-dom's Te (i.e. real time articulation of thoughts) would be clumsier wrt that of a Te-dom...

  7. #137
    resonance entropie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783
    Posts
    16,761

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yeghor View Post
    We can use the functions interchangeably... Our MBTI type represents our "strongest" and "most capable" preference... A Ti-dom's Te (i.e. real time articulation of thoughts) would be clumsier wrt that of a Te-dom...
    But if you can use them interchangeably, you could learn to master them all and theen become the mastertype with every function having the same strength. At that point functions cease to exist and the mbti theory looses validity.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

  8. #138
    Senior Member yeghor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2,418

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    But if you can use them interchangeably, you could learn to master them all and theen become the mastertype with every function having the same strength. At that point functions cease to exist and the mbti theory looses validity.
    No, our physiology (bodily and mental) limits us...they can be developed to some extent...

  9. #139
    resonance entropie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783
    Posts
    16,761

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yeghor View Post
    No, our physiology (bodily and mental) limits us...they can be developed to some extent...
    Thats where our opinions differ. I dont believe in genetics or any sort of boundaries, I believe in that I can become everything that I want. For some things I need to try harder, cause they are foreign to me.

    I learnt that from Americans in young age, sadly that you lost that attitude and replaced it with some pseudo-spiritual self degeneration
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

  10. #140
    Senior Member yeghor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2,418

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Thats where our opinions differ. I dont believe in genetics or any sort of boundaries, I believe in that I can become everything that I want. For some things I need to try harder, cause they are foreign to me.

    I learnt that from Americans in young age, sadly that you lost that attitude and replaced it with some pseudo-spiritual self degeneration
    Then why are you here?

Similar Threads

  1. Why are NT's so rare as the main characters?
    By great_bay in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 09-16-2017, 01:51 AM
  2. Why are you better than everyone in the world?
    By Hate in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 05-21-2016, 08:48 PM
  3. [ENFJ] Why are ENFJ's afraid to reflect- what are the type of dark thoughts they avoid??
    By ladypinkington in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 08-07-2012, 06:39 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO