User Tag List

First 31112131415 Last

Results 121 to 130 of 155

  1. #121
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LSI
    Posts
    43

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    I dodnt know this sounds very N to me, I will have an eye on you
    Well, my Ni is developed better than my Se, if that explains it. But now that i think about it, I used to type as an INTJ, although i hear that many ISTP's do

  2. #122
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LSI
    Posts
    43

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Are you pee buddies aswell ?
    Oh, look, you made a funny. I meant that to show my dislike for verbal communication in active environments, but thank you for the pun.

  3. #123
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LSI
    Posts
    43

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yeghor View Post
    Yes, perhaps it may signify a relatively larger room\potential for growth in that area when\if consciously trained... I've been working out for more than 1.5 years doing primary lifts like deadlift, squat, bench, military press etc...I've gotten much stronger than I was but my muscle size has not exploded like that of an ectomorph mesomorph person...

    However, this should theoretically mean that being an Se-inf, I should have some potential to develop that niche... How would this work for people who don't have Se in their first 4 functions stack I wonder?
    I think it just ties in to the preference for S over N, not the functions themselves. Of course it is possible to grow and develop any trait, but i was just remarking on an observation that S's tend to make the consious choice more often.

  4. #124
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LSI
    Posts
    43

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    The only way that I can generally get an ISTP to like me is through my sick and twisted sense of humor. They generally like that, but hate everything else about.
    True, i have an ENTP that i hang around with, and he's an ass to everyone, me included. But I think he is funny so i tolerate it, and it helps that i don't take it personally.

  5. #125
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    ~8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLE
    Posts
    565

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    It's because we are introverted thinkers, and secondarily, extraverted sensors. So, we prefer to not communicate our thoughts, and instead focus on our environment. By asking them a question, you are forcing them to set both of those tendencies aside. This is exemplified with our Ni, and our irritation shows more because of our Fe.

    Plus if you are a strong extravert, then they probably just dislike you to begin with. No offense.
    I relate so much!!, except for the last part about disliking strong extraverts. They can be pretty fun IMO.


    Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    I dodnt know this sounds very N to me, I will have an eye on you
    What was so N about the above?


    Quote Originally Posted by yeghor View Post
    Yes, perhaps it may signify a relatively larger room\potential for growth in that area when\if consciously trained... I've been working out for more than 1.5 years doing primary lifts like deadlift, squat, bench, military press etc...I've gotten much stronger than I was but my muscle size has not exploded like that of an ectomorph mesomorph person...

    However, this should theoretically mean that being an Se-inf, I should have some potential to develop that niche... How would this work for people who don't have Se in their first 4 functions stack I wonder?
    To build muscle, you have to watch what you eat etc. You should ask experienced body builders if you're into this. I really don't think this has anything to do with S or N preference. I know an INFJ guy who's got pretty big muscles, genetic too

  6. #126
    Senior Member yeghor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2,418

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by infinity- View Post
    To build muscle, you have to watch what you eat etc. You should ask experienced body builders if you're into this. I really don't think this has anything to do with S or N preference. I know an INFJ guy who's got pretty big muscles, genetic too
    Yeah but I tend to store fat very easily... so I am afraid of bulking... Is there any chance he could be an ISTP? Could you describe his lifestyle and his demeanor?

    If he's an INFJ, I'd like to get tips from him about building up muscle without storing too much fat...

  7. #127
    Senior Member yeghor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2,418

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    I think it just ties in to the preference for S over N, not the functions themselves. Of course it is possible to grow and develop any trait, but i was just remarking on an observation that S's tend to make the consious choice more often.
    I think the preference comes from our physiology, not some conscious choice we make... The functions are just a representation of that physiology... The functions represent the path of least resistance that our physiology (mental and physical make-up) is most suited to...

  8. #128
    Riva
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yeghor View Post
    It's not a fact...just a hunch...I believe a high Se indicates an abundance of testosterone hormone in the body...hence the athletic build, promiscuity, aggressiveness, thrill-seeking and impulsiveness observed in those with high Se (including women)... That physiology gives them the ability to attune with and manipulate the Se layer of the physical environment...

    Those in high Ne OTOH may have for instance an attunement with and ability to manipulate the outcome of events...i.e. the Ne layer...

    Those strong in Fe OTOH may have relatively less amounts of testosterone, thereby may be lacking in the aforementioned traits...which compels them to depend on each other, and act in groups as a society to survive...

    In nature, the former traits are observed in predators\carnivores (which may form packs as well sometimes but I guess the pack mentality comes from Fi-aux or tert) whereas the latter is observed in herd animals\herbivores...

    Based on all these "assumptions", a high level of testosterone would result in a muscular\strong body, which would require a constant intake of (meat-based) protein to sustain...

    There's plenty of data available to that end in bodybuilding diets etc...

    In the end, this would imply that Fe = herd instinct... Fi= pack instinct... Se=predator instinct... Of course our conscious self may opt to go against the primitive instincts...to a certain extent...
    I wrote a long fucking post replying to this that got deleted.

    Basically i said:

    I agree that physiology has an influenze one one's type
    And about Se i agreed

    Also i said:

    Try different rep ranges. We all have two types of muscles that deal with hypertrophy (muscle mass). One type of muscle develop to a rep range of 10 to 15 and another 3 to 6. So take your time and decide for yourself by seeing what type of rep range affects you the most. 1 month of high reps (15) and 1 month of low reps (6).

    Generally the range is from 3 to 15. Either way it's advised to make you positive and especially negative movements as slow as possible lest your cns does all the work and not your muscle mass.

    I wonder what range @JocktheMotie does? Could you share please.

  9. #129
    Senior Member yeghor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2,418

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    I wrote a long fucking post replying to this that got deleted.

    Basically i said:

    I agree that physiology has an influenze one one's type
    And about Se i agreed

    Also i said:

    Try different rep ranges. We all have two types of muscles that deal with hypertrophy (muscle mass). One type of muscle develop to a rep range of 10 to 15 and another 3 to 6. So take your time and decide for yourself by seeing what type of rep range affects you the most. 1 month of high reps (15) and 1 month of low reps (6).

    Generally the range is from 3 to 15. Either way it's advised to make you positive and especially negative movements as slow as possible lest your cns does all the work and not your muscle mass.

    I wonder what range @JocktheMotie does? Could you share please.
    Thanks Riva... I use 8-12 rep ranges mostly...

  10. #130
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    ~8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLE
    Posts
    565

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yeghor View Post
    Yeah but I tend to store fat very easily... so I am afraid of bulking... Is there any chance he could be an ISTP? Could you describe his lifestyle and his demeanor?

    If he's an INFJ, I'd like to get tips from him about building up muscle without storing too much fat...
    No way he's ISTP. He's very F and very N.

    But okay you asked, so, he's really sensitive, cares a lot about people; he's very creative, into film making (made this his life goal), he basically defines himself by his creativity. He understands people intuitively, makes intuitive conclusions that I'm kind of skeptical about (not saying he can't be correct). He really doesn't do anything that ISTPs do. Oh and he's not doing any serious body building, so he's not that lean, you're not going to get tips on that from him sorry

    You should really just go on a body building forum and ask for advice there


    Quote Originally Posted by yeghor View Post
    I think the preference comes from our physiology, not some conscious choice we make... The functions are just a representation of that physiology... The functions represent the path of least resistance that our physiology (mental and physical make-up) is most suited to...
    That's a nice way to put it

Similar Threads

  1. Why are NT's so rare as the main characters?
    By great_bay in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 09-16-2017, 01:51 AM
  2. Why are you better than everyone in the world?
    By Hate in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 05-21-2016, 08:48 PM
  3. [ENFJ] Why are ENFJ's afraid to reflect- what are the type of dark thoughts they avoid??
    By ladypinkington in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 08-07-2012, 06:39 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO