User Tag List

First 123 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 22

  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    MBTI
    SeNi
    Enneagram
    8+7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SeTi
    Posts
    940

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by badger055 View Post
    So I just want to know how everything in my personality works so I can use it properly
    MBTI is not meant to be used like that. It's not going to tell you about everything in your personality. It's just one framework for a few simple things about cognitive workings and no more than that. Add enneagram, it becomes quite a bit better then, but there is still more psychology stuff that's not in the area of typology per se that's still relevant to the issues of personality.


    and this is the last major thing I don't understand.
    The stuff you talk about in the rest of the post?


    When I try to move forward in life my personality usually throws up all these road blocks like don't do that! and when that happens I have to go figure out what the hell is wrong with me. It's like I already have a preprogrammed path in life and I'm feeling my way around blind trying to figure it out.
    "don't do that", you mean you decide to inhibit yourself? Or something else?


    My goal was to use personality typing stuff to get ahead in life and to make sure I don't miss out on my purpose. This was me before trying to figure out my personality without personality typing.
    Maybe a better way to spend time is figuring out what "getting ahead" in life really means to you.

    Cute kitten btw :P


    My natural impulses are usually big bet life changing type of things and there are a lot of them. It's hard to know what stuff to listen to but the gut instinct thing has been helping me lately. Just frustrating that no plan I can ever come up with is big enough or exciting enough. Always needs more juice and outrageousness. The stuff I really want to do doesn't even exist in real life.
    God now I see why you typed as 7

  2. #12
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    576

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by valaki View Post
    MBTI is not meant to be used like that. It's not going to tell you about everything in your personality. It's just one framework for a few simple things about cognitive workings and no more than that. Add enneagram, it becomes quite a bit better then, but there is still more psychology stuff that's not in the area of typology per se that's still relevant to the issues of personality.
    Well I use it like that anyway. There isn't one thing in my personality that can't be explained with my full personality type (ISTP 7w8 8w7 4w3 sx/sp) and my personality is about as complicated as it gets. Nothing but contradictions in it.

    The stuff you talk about in the rest of the post?
    I don't know sure.

    "don't do that", you mean you decide to inhibit yourself? Or something else?
    It's more like "I don't like that".

  3. #13
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    576

    Default

    Hmm ok I think I got this figured out. I remembered I related a lot to the barefoot bandit guy http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colton_Harris-Moore. Basically I have the personality of a pirate outlaw.

  4. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    MBTI
    SeNi
    Enneagram
    8+7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SeTi
    Posts
    940

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by badger055 View Post
    Well I use it like that anyway. There isn't one thing in my personality that can't be explained with my full personality type (ISTP 7w8 8w7 4w3 sx/sp) and my personality is about as complicated as it gets. Nothing but contradictions in it.
    Lol fun


    I don't know sure.
    It would probably be useful if you could clarify at least to yourself what it is exactly


    It's more like "I don't like that".
    Picky I see.

  5. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    MBTI
    SeNi
    Enneagram
    8+7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SeTi
    Posts
    940

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by badger055 View Post
    Hmm ok I think I got this figured out. I remembered I related a lot to the barefoot bandit guy http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colton_Harris-Moore. Basically I have the personality of a pirate outlaw.
    I only see this post now glad you got it figured out. Yes there's something outlaw-ish about you :p (at least to the extent that I can see you on the forums)

  6. #16
    FRACTALICIOUS phobik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    7,370
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

    Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

  7. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    783
    Posts
    240

    Default

    I like normal fun things pretty much? Doesn't have to be too over the top. Plus it's not always about doing fun things, it's about making whatever you do fun

  8. #18
    Senior Member Hitoshi-San's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6
    Posts
    1,080

    Default

    Yup, I can definitely relate. I see stuff like cage diving and skydiving on TV and think, "that looks like fun, I need to go do that". I could never work at an amusement park because I'd be so jealous of the people on the rides

    People call me crazy for it. I just appreciate getting out and doing stuff. There's a reason ESTPs are considered doers.

  9. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni
    Posts
    160

    Default

    I'm INFJ and the time I got caught in an undertow with a friend while swimming in the ocean in Hawaii - and was stuck very far out for about an hour - was one of my best experiences. (Nobody rescued us. We eventually got washed-up onto the shore.) My friend was praying and I was laughing. She was laughing a bit too since I was. (We thought we might drown.)

    On second thought, perhaps it is about type because I would not purposely do that. hmmm.... So, maybe I don't relate.

    On third thought, that was probably my ESTP shadow.

  10. #20
    FRACTALICIOUS phobik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    7,370

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by karenk View Post
    I'm INFJ and the time I got caught in an undertow with a friend while swimming in the ocean in Hawaii - and was stuck very far out for about an hour - was one of my best experiences. (Nobody rescued us. We eventually got washed-up onto the shore.) My friend was praying and I was laughing. She was laughing a bit too since I was. (We thought we might drown.)

    On second thought, perhaps it is about type because I would not purposely do that. hmmm.... So, maybe I don't relate.

    On third thought, that was probably my ESTP shadow.

    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

    Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

Similar Threads

  1. Do you ever have an intense craving for nature?
    By SwimmerGal97 in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 09-25-2015, 10:05 AM
  2. Replies: 33
    Last Post: 06-27-2015, 06:04 PM
  3. The Great Smoky Mountains (extremely image-intensive thread)
    By spirilis in forum Home, Garden and Nature
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 10-19-2008, 10:49 AM
  4. INTENSE Music
    By phoenix13 in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: 09-10-2008, 05:17 PM
  5. What excites you? What do you wish people would talk about with you?
    By ladypinkington in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 08-05-2007, 03:58 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO