User Tag List

MBTI
    IxTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2
    Socionics
    LSI

Default ESFPs and ESTPs, would you be interested in a Linus Larrabee (Sabrina) person?

In this day and age, it seems that women (in this case ESFPs and ESTPs) go for the outgoing, maybe macho men, who lack responsibility (haha this sounds crusty) and are more "for the moment" people. Is there any chance for the quiet, responsible, hard-working man (given confidence and not being a hermit aka is fine communicating in social situations)?

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by Jstrazz View Post
    In this day and age, it seems that women (in this case ESFPs and ESTPs) go for the outgoing, maybe macho men, who lack responsibility (haha this sounds crusty) and are more "for the moment" people. Is there any chance for the quiet, responsible, hard-working man (given confidence and not being a hermit aka is fine communicating in social situations)?
    My good ESFP friend is with an ISTP. He's more of the computer nerd ISTP type, rather than the fast paced speed and car's type. Though, he is into that, too. He's very quiet and works really hard. Slight resemblance to Harry Potter. ha.

As an ISFP, I find the more introverted, smart, responsible, nerdy types VERY attractive. I actually slightly detest extroverts when it comes to romantic relationships. No offence to any extroverts. I've dated a few ESFP's and ESFJ's, one ENTJ... and frankly, though they're good fun to be around, I tire of them quickly.

------------------------------------------------------------

The ENxP's I dated, I seemed to tolerate a bit longer. But those romances didn't go very far, so it's hard to say for sure.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

MBTI
    IxTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2
    Socionics
    LSI

Quote Originally Posted by IndyAnnaJoan View Post
    My good ESFP friend is with an ISTP. He's more of the computer nerd ISTP type, rather than the fast paced speed and car's type. Though, he is into that, too. He's very quiet and works really hard. Slight resemblance to Harry Potter. ha.
    I mean more of the business type people, someone who is a J. I wish I were a nerd because they are better at starting companies and finding jobs, but that is neither here nor there

As an ISFP, I find the more introverted, smart, responsible, nerdy types VERY attractive. I actually slightly detest extroverts when it comes to romantic relationships. No offence to any extroverts. I've dated a few ESFP's and ESFJ's, one ENTJ... and frankly, though they're good fun to be around, I tire of them quickly.
    What about extroverted women you know? They are the ones I am most attracted to and yet they are the ones who seem to fit the description of the men in my first post. I fear it is simply a matter of time: once they get tired of the fun and want to get serious then they come a'knocking.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

I mean more of the business type people, someone who is a J. I wish I were a nerd because they are better at starting companies and finding jobs, but that is neither here nor there

What about extroverted women you know? They are the ones I am most attracted to and yet they are the ones who seem to fit the description of the men in my first post. I fear it is simply a matter of time: once they get tired of the fun and want to get serious then they come a'knocking.
    An ESFP female I work with is dating someone I think is an IxxJ of some sort. He's a med student. I was actually really surprised to see her with him. I could be wrong about his type, but it was the general impression I got from him.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

MBTI
    SeNi
    Enneagram
    8+7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SeTi

No I'm not going for macho men if I want a relationship, why would I?

Yep I did go out with "quiet, responsible, hard-working man", he did have confidence and was fine with social situations. Probably ISTJ dichotomy-wise... Function-wise not sure. Anyway, problem was the relationship wasn't enough in terms of emotions.

MBTI
    IxTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2
    Socionics
    LSI

Quote Originally Posted by valaki View Post
    No I'm not going for macho men if I want a relationship, why would I?

Yep I did go out with "quiet, responsible, hard-working man", he did have confidence and was fine with social situations. Probably ISTJ dichotomy-wise... Function-wise not sure. Anyway, problem was the relationship wasn't enough in terms of emotions.
    I guess my response to that is: do you often want a relationship? Or do you just want short liaisons? (I'm not trying to be rude at all or aggressive, you're my window into the other side ) I understand the emotional aspect. Thank you.

MBTI
    SeNi
    Enneagram
    8+7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SeTi

I guess my response to that is: do you often want a relationship? Or do you just want short liaisons? (I'm not trying to be rude at all or aggressive, you're my window into the other side ) I understand the emotional aspect. Thank you.
    I'm fine with either. Whatever goes my way. (Hey I did not say to do the two at the same time. :p )

And no worries

Why are you interested in ESxP's though? ;p

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Go for an irresponsible enfp. They will find your crusty old man self calming and soothing.

Otherwise I seek women of equal evil zu mein selbst.

MBTI
    IxTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2
    Socionics
    LSI

Quote Originally Posted by valaki View Post
    Why are you interested in ESxP's though? ;p
    I have been very attracted (beyond physical) to all the ESFP's I know. My last girlfriend was an ESFP and we were perfect (except for the baggage that ended it). I have never met an ESTP, but they sound awesome. ESFP's to me represent someone to drag me to social events and be the life of the party. Kind of a kite and anchor situation but not as oblivious as /more present than ENFP's. I want someone outgoing, more emotional than I am, laid-back and spontaneous and Sensing.

Banned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram

I'm attracted to people similar to me, and people opposite to me. So ESxP and IFxJs. IFxPs are sweet but i have a hard time with Fi. The character in Sabrina is kind of a drag, tbh. But I find nothing wrong with a quiet, hardworking man as long as he smiles (unlike Linus), has a sense of humor, is secure with himself and knows how to have fun. In reality though, I have absolutely zero interest in having a boyfriend, I find it a nuisance, so none of this really matters atm.