• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ESTP] ESTPs do you identify with this?

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
ESTPs do you identify with this?

I feel like a human trapped inside an exosuit that does whatever the hell it wants regardless of how I try to steer it in other directions. It goes and just DOES stuff, really without my permission.

However I need to program my body with morals and knowledge. Once I engraine those things, it kinda takes it from there.

Thoughts?

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I feel like a human trapped inside an exosuit that does whatever the hell it wants regardless of how I try to steer it in other directions. It goes and just DOES stuff, really without my permission.

However I need to program my body with morals and knowledge. Once I engraine those things, it kinda takes it from there.

Thoughts?

This is impulsiveness taken to the extreme. Sure ESTPs tend to be more prone to this. I don't know about the desire for morals unless you just mean some basic level of having morals

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
This is impulsiveness taken to the extreme. Sure ESTPs tend to be more prone to this. I don't know about the desire for morals unless you just mean some basic level of having morals

Well, I'm not impulsive. Its just that the body doesn't fucking listen to the needs of the human inhabiting it.

My enfj friend just made it apparent to me this evening that my to do list has nothing fun on it. He told me I need to start creating a fun budget.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

No, I do not identify with it.
This is blabbering self-pity at best.

However I need to program my body with morals and knowledge.

You can't program your body with morals and knowledge - that is the realm of your mind.
Are you truly confused as to the basic nature of the human body's purpose and capabilities as it relates to receiving direction from the brain?
Good luck programming yourself with knowledge and morals from the perspective of self-pity.

Once I engraine those things, it kinda takes it from there.

Oh so that's it? End of story? Case closed? Bravo.

Thoughts?

None that I care to share beyond the above.

This is impulsiveness taken to the extreme. Sure ESTPs tend to be more prone to this.

Basically, yes, on both counts, IMHO.

I don't know about the desire for morals unless you just mean some basic level of having morals

That varies from ESTP to ESTP, as with all other types.

Well, I'm not impulsive. Its just that the body doesn't fucking listen to the needs of the human inhabiting it.

Making excuses for yourself in any capacity will not get you far, or for very long.

My enfj friend just made it apparent to me this evening that my to do list has nothing fun on it. He told me I need to start creating a fun budget.

My advice would be different. You wouldn't like it.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Making excuses for yourself in any capacity will not get you far, or for very long.

See I don't feel I'm making excuses because I spend so much damn time trying to find a solution.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
See I don't feel I'm making excuses because I spend so much damn time trying to find a solution.

You trying to find a solution to a problem that doesn't exist does not qualify as trying to find a solution, so you are wrong - again.
First, you need to identify what the real problems are, and it's not even necessary to dive into details to do this in your case - because your primary problems are (a) ignorance, (b) immaturity, and (c) attention seeking.
For months you talked shit on this forum about every topic under the sun, and you couldn't even back your arguments logically or with fact. You simply blabbered your vitriolic filth at any and all who would listen/reply - and when you received some feedback, you simply lambasted them with more of your self-grandiose bullshit until they other party disengaged out of sheer boredom, or more likely realization that you were acting like a punk and a lost cause for any chance of vicarious growth via sharing experiences with others.

Get over yourself. Until you accept responsibility for your life, and hold yourself accountable for your words and your deeds - you are not a man, you are a punk with a victim complex.
If you think that asking people about your imaginary problems is time spent trying to find a solution to your vast lack of purpose and self-responsibility, then you are wasting your time - and other people's time too.
So, you want to quickly establish a connection between your body and your mind to see if it will do you as much good as you think it will?
Then go ahead and stick a car key into an electrical outlet and let me know how that turns out for you.
I'll bet your mind and body work just fine together under that kind of stimulation.

Go read a book, better yet go help some needy people - do something to better yourself.
Pretending to be things you are not, and embellishing your historical accomplishments over and over, year after year will keep you on a path to failure.
The writing is on the wall - so read it, and take it to heart, and evolve. But if you can't do that, then please just shut up and stop writing about all this non-sense about you being so disconnected and helpless.
If only your mind forgot how to control your mouth and your fingers, at least then you would have to keep this shit to yourself and not bother/bore anyone else.

wolfy

awsm
No, I do not identify with it.
This is blabbering self-pity at best.

Halla, lol, you don't mince your words, do you. I am not estp but my take on it is everything is second nature, even going for a crap on the toilet. So, it really is all you, I reckon.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
the "quit bein a bitch" speech doesn't work halla. I do it to myself all the time, give up.

I'm better off keeping my tears in a bottle so I can drink them later to stave off dehydration.

badger055

Permabanned

Thoughts?

I'm the opposite of this. I have like a 3rd person camera that's aware of what I'm doing all the time as I'm doing it. It's very rare for me to get lost in the moment. Almost everything is calculated even if it might not look like it. I have meetings with myself where I make strategic plans and decisions.

I would try channelling your impulses and having meetings with yourself. I don't believe in fighting against your impulses my solutions always involve more gas pedal and then somehow it works itself out. I guess if you get burned then you learn from it.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
oh my fucking god I have to go talk to an INFP tomorrow and tell him he's cool. I'm going to murder something right now.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
the "quit bein a bitch" speech doesn't work halla.

I'm not telling you to stop being a bitch; I'm telling to grow up - there's a huge difference.

Azure Flame said:
I do it to myself all the time…

Maybe you should take your own advice then? :thinking:

Azure Flame said:
…give up.

Let's get a few things straight:

You don't tell me what to do. Capiche? You created this thread asking for feedback. I read it and quickly realized that someone should have sat your ass down a long time ago and clued you in on the fact that you are not the center of the universe, the world doesn't owe you a damn thing, and you will reap what you sow in this life.

Congratulations, welcome to adulthood! You've had a long stretch of being mouthy and self- entered, and like a bad credit score - it will come back on you even after you've identified the problem and began doing the work needed to fix it. You're biggest issue at this point is that you haven't admitted to yourself what the problems
are, or done anything constructive to remedy it. Enjoy wallowing in your historical bad choices and attitudes - they are your gift to yourself.

Azure Flame said:
I'm better off keeping my tears in a bottle so I can drink them later to stave off dehydration.

Awwww... :violin:

Tears contain salt, and will therefore dehydrate you further.
Bad choice, again. At least you're consistent.

Last edited:

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

That just sounds weird to me. Why isn't it impulsivity in your opinion? Do you really directly perceive body as such a separate entity? I wouldn't think so...?

You can't program your body with morals and knowledge - that is the realm of your mind.
Are you truly confused as to the basic nature of the human body's purpose and capabilities as it relates to receiving direction from the brain?

Seems like a weird soup of concepts :)

That varies from ESTP to ESTP, as with all other types.

I was just referring to a negative correlation between the typical ESTP and high awareness of morality. It of course doesn't mean that an ESTP can't or doesn't want to have morals. I hope I made it more clear now :)

and when you received some feedback, you simply lambasted them with more of your self-grandiose bullshit

Or instead of lambasting, not even bothering to reply to feedback...... Yes I'm talking about you [MENTION=10984]Azure Flame[/MENTION] :p

I've seen the self-grandiose stuff too :p.

Get over yourself. Until you accept responsibility for your life, and hold yourself accountable for your words and your deeds - you are not a man, you are a punk with a victim complex.

I want to second this, that advice of "grow up" is really good. Not saying I am perfect or anything but I do think [MENTION=10984]Azure Flame[/MENTION] would do well to truly understand what that advice means.

The writing is on the wall - so read it, and take it to heart, and evolve. But if you can't do that, then please just shut up and stop writing about all this non-sense about you being so disconnected and helpless.
If only your mind forgot how to control your mouth and your fingers, at least then you would have to keep this shit to yourself and not bother/bore anyone else.

Thing is, everyone has a right to complain about their problems. This is a public psychology forum. Though sure, I do get annoyed at some of the narcissistic shit. I don't really get annoyed about the complaints on being helpless etc., though. It's just that I don't feel it's my responsibility to try and solve it for him because it wouldn't be possible anyway. So it doesn't annoy me and if it makes him feel better to vent, cool then

I'm the opposite of this. I have like a 3rd person camera that's aware of what I'm doing all the time as I'm doing it. It's very rare for me to get lost in the moment. Almost everything is calculated even if it might not look like it. I have meetings with myself where I make strategic plans and decisions.

I would try channelling your impulses and having meetings with yourself. I don't believe in fighting against your impulses my solutions always involve more gas pedal and then somehow it works itself out. I guess if you get burned then you learn from it.

What do you mean by more gas pedal? Can you say more about this?

And, this is pretty cool about all your strategic plans. :)

badger055

Permabanned
What do you mean by more gas pedal? Can you say more about this?

And, this is pretty cool about all your strategic plans. :)

Just more aggression. As long as you are making moves you are opening up new branches of possibilities. If I fuck something up then sometimes I try to fuck it up even harder. Basically what charlie sheen did. Worst thing you can do is stand still and do nothing.

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Just more aggression. As long as you are making moves you are opening up new branches of possibilities. If I fuck something up then sometimes I try to fuck it up even harder. Basically what charlie sheen did. Worst thing you can do is stand still and do nothing.

True, that. :) About not standing still.

Though I believe that having some direction and awareness of how things really are does help.

badger055

Permabanned
True, that. :) About not standing still.

Though I believe that having some direction and awareness of how things really are does help.

I'm sorry but your sensibilities don't fit in my world. I only know how to attack.

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm sorry but your sensibilities don't fit in my world. I only know how to attack.

I didn't say I was good at these "sensible" things. :p

I'm just learning.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
That just sounds weird to me. Why isn't it impulsivity in your opinion? Do you really directly perceive body as such a separate entity? I wouldn't think so...?

what my mind says often has nothing to do with what I actually care about.

also, Idunno what it means to "grow up." I need specifics. If anything I've been spending my life learning how to be a kid again.

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
what my mind says often has nothing to do with what I actually care about.

That still sounds like impulsivity and lack of self-discipline, but it could also be to do with lacking a clear direction and awareness. Those "sensible" things that badger055 doesn't like :D

also, Idunno what it means to "grow up." I need specifics. If anything I've been spending my life learning how to be a kid again.

How do you mean that about learning to be a kid?

Sunny Ghost

Just sounds like lack of self control to me.

Have you tried meditation?

I also always recommend some light Buddhist reading. ;) For the philosophy's on life, of course. It's a great way to help steer life into your own control.