• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ESTP] ESTPs do you identify with this?

badger055

Permabanned
what my mind says often has nothing to do with what I actually care about.

I sort of have this not sure if its the same thing. There is a big difference between what I actually want and what I want just because I'm capable of it.

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I also always recommend some light Buddhist reading. ;) For the philosophy's on life, of course. It's a great way to help steer life into your own control.

I used to read that sort of thing but it doesn't actually give a concrete direction in my case. For me, a concrete direction with a realistic goal that I really want is what works. This also depends somewhat on how well you know yourself but such insights don't come to me too easily, it takes effort and work. The result is worth it however.

I don't know about ESTPs in general though. I just think I'm closest to the ESTP type but this is still just me and not a generalization :)

I sort of have this not sure if its the same thing. There is a big difference between what I actually want and what I want just because I'm capable of it.

What things are usually in the latter category for you?

Sunny Ghost

[MENTION=20622]valaki[/MENTION]

I personally found it very helpful. I used to feel out of control, which led to severe depression. I sought counseling, but was greatly disappointed. Instead, I sought out self help. Mostly Buddhism and mbti/enneagram discovery seemed to help, too. I tried journaling, but for the first couple of years I felt even crazier because I realized I couldn't pinpoint the root of my pain. It was like my brain was tricking me, and I was writing thoughts that weren't actually my own. Buddhism helped me on the path to greater awareness of myself and the world around me. Eventually, I felt like I could see more clearly again. Like [MENTION=6109]Halla74[/MENTION] suggested, it also focused on taking responsibility for ones self.

badger055

Permabanned
What things are usually in the latter category for you?

I don't know hard to explain. I guess I get caught up in societies or other people's views on things. Like societies version of success. Then I think I'm less of a person if I can't do that so I start doing things that aren't actually me just to prove something. When what I actually care about has NOTHING to do with that stuff. I get confused as to which stuff is really me.

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=20622]valaki[/MENTION]

I personally found it very helpful. I used to feel out of control, which led to severe depression. I sought counseling, but was greatly disappointed. Instead, I sought out self help. Mostly Buddhism and mbti/enneagram discovery seemed to help, too. I tried journaling, but for the first couple of years I felt even crazier because I realized I couldn't pinpoint the root of my pain.

Interesting :eek: I guess I was always aware of things like that. My weak side isn't that. So yeah this could be individual what helps someone.

It was like my brain was tricking me, and I was writing thoughts that weren't actually my own.

Now that's just weird :D

Buddhism helped me on the path to greater awareness of myself and the world around me. Eventually, I felt like I could see more clearly again. Like [MENTION=6109]Halla74[/MENTION] suggested, it also focused on taking responsibility for ones self.

Glad it helped!

I don't know hard to explain. I guess I get caught up in societies or other people's views on things. Like societies version of success. Then I think I'm less of a person if I can't do that so I start doing things that aren't actually me just to prove something. When what I actually care about has NOTHING to do with that stuff. I get confused as to which stuff is really me.

I see. E3 fix? :p

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
No I'm a 4 fix. I think it has more to do with 7s not wanting to be limited.

Okay just the part about you getting confused about which stuff is "really you" was extremely 3-ish

4w3? :p

badger055

Permabanned
Okay just the part about you getting confused about which stuff is "really you" was extremely 3-ish

4w3? :p

Well I'm not a 3. 3s do things for love and admiration and wear masks. I prefer to be genuine and I don't give a crap about anyones approval. Yea 4w3 but it's at the end of my tritype.

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well I'm not a 3. 3s do things for love and admiration and wear masks. I prefer to be genuine and I don't give a crap about anyones approval. Yea 4w3 but it's at the end of my tritype.

Yea okay .. curious now, what's your gut fix?

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
You seem a bit cheery for that tritype I would expect more death and destruction. But sure why not.

hmm. I'm an 873. Have you looked into socionics yet? I'm curious to know what your sociotype is because we seem to have a lot of similarities.

badger055

Permabanned
hmm. I'm an 873. Have you looked into socionics yet? I'm curious to know what your sociotype is because we seem to have a lot of similarities.

None of the types really fit me they explain me like 60% at best. I pretty much think they made all that shit up it's retarded. ISTj is the closest one. And yea I already knew we were pretty similar from when I watched your videos awhile back.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
None of the types really fit me they explain me like 60% at best. I pretty much think they made all that shit up it's retarded. ISTj is the closest one. And yea I already knew we were pretty similar from when I watched your videos awhile back.

hmm. Interesting. Well, I once suspected that the differences between SLE and LSI were more of a spectrum than a mutually exclusive separation. Its possible you're another one of those ambiverted STPs just like me, but in LSI form.

badger055

Permabanned
hmm. Interesting. Well, I once suspected that the differences between SLE and LSI were more of a spectrum than a mutually exclusive separation. Its possible you're another one of those ambiverted STPs just like me, but in LSI form.

Oh I'm not ambiverted. I'm clearly introverted. I prefer to stick with MBTI it explains my functions 100%. If I ever need a version of MBTI that's on shrooms I will come to socionics.

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You seem a bit cheery for that tritype I would expect more death and destruction. But sure why not.

I thought it was 4-5-8 tritype that has the darkness. That's the one thing why I don't identify with that tritype. 4-7-8 isn't dark at all and my 4 fix is the last fix.

I'm not such a very cheery type by the way.. depends on mood

Oh also, you with 7 being core type, how does 7's optimism work with "death" and "destruction"?

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oh I'm not ambiverted. I'm clearly introverted. I prefer to stick with MBTI it explains my functions 100%. If I ever need a version of MBTI that's on shrooms I will come to socionics.

Lol at that. :p Socionics for me works better than MBTI, it's clearly individual who's explained better by which system

For me the 60% thing is true for MBTI.

badger055

Permabanned
I thought it was 4-5-8 tritype that has the darkness. That's the one thing why I don't identify with that tritype. 4-7-8 isn't dark at all and my 4 fix is the last fix.

I'm not such a very cheery type by the way.. depends on mood

Oh also, you with 7 being core type, how does 7's optimism work with "death" and "destruction"?

Well if you have 7w8 and 8w7 first you are going to want to fuck some shit up. It's all the 8 influence of aggression.

I don't really see it as optimism but other people do. I just know what I could accomplish if I wanted to and it seems impossible to some people. I guess I ignore all the negatives and only look at what could be.

Lol at that. :p Socionics for me works better than MBTI, it's clearly individual who's explained better by which system

For me the 60% thing is true for MBTI.

Socionics blows it attracts a certain type of people. Intuitives who think more complicated equals better, people who are susceptible to cults and people who think they are too special to be boxed into MBTI. You probably fall under the too special category. You have an MBTI type you just like to self sabotage.

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well if you have 7w8 and 8w7 first you are going to want to fuck some shit up. It's all the 8 influence of aggression.

I misunderstood what you said then, I thought you meant interest in dark fantasies. That's what I don't have.

Socionics blows it attracts a certain type of people. Intuitives who think more complicated equals better, people who are susceptible to cults and people who think they are too special to be boxed into MBTI. You probably fall under the too special category. You have an MBTI type you just like to self sabotage.

Darling, you have no idea what the fuck you're talking about. Don't make bullshit assumptions about me.