User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by Azure Flame View Post
    what my mind says often has nothing to do with what I actually care about.
    I sort of have this not sure if its the same thing. There is a big difference between what I actually want and what I want just because I'm capable of it.

MBTI
    SeNi
    Enneagram
    8+7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SeTi

Quote Originally Posted by IndyAnnaJoan View Post
    I also always recommend some light Buddhist reading. For the philosophy's on life, of course. It's a great way to help steer life into your own control.
    I used to read that sort of thing but it doesn't actually give a concrete direction in my case. For me, a concrete direction with a realistic goal that I really want is what works. This also depends somewhat on how well you know yourself but such insights don't come to me too easily, it takes effort and work. The result is worth it however.

I don't know about ESTPs in general though. I just think I'm closest to the ESTP type but this is still just me and not a generalization

Quote Originally Posted by badger055 View Post
    I sort of have this not sure if its the same thing. There is a big difference between what I actually want and what I want just because I'm capable of it.
    What things are usually in the latter category for you?

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

@valaki

I personally found it very helpful. I used to feel out of control, which led to severe depression. I sought counseling, but was greatly disappointed. Instead, I sought out self help. Mostly Buddhism and mbti/enneagram discovery seemed to help, too. I tried journaling, but for the first couple of years I felt even crazier because I realized I couldn't pinpoint the root of my pain. It was like my brain was tricking me, and I was writing thoughts that weren't actually my own. Buddhism helped me on the path to greater awareness of myself and the world around me. Eventually, I felt like I could see more clearly again. Like @Halla74 suggested, it also focused on taking responsibility for ones self.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by valaki View Post

What things are usually in the latter category for you?
    I don't know hard to explain. I guess I get caught up in societies or other people's views on things. Like societies version of success. Then I think I'm less of a person if I can't do that so I start doing things that aren't actually me just to prove something. When what I actually care about has NOTHING to do with that stuff. I get confused as to which stuff is really me.

MBTI
    SeNi
    Enneagram
    8+7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SeTi

Quote Originally Posted by IndyAnnaJoan View Post
    @valaki

I personally found it very helpful. I used to feel out of control, which led to severe depression. I sought counseling, but was greatly disappointed. Instead, I sought out self help. Mostly Buddhism and mbti/enneagram discovery seemed to help, too. I tried journaling, but for the first couple of years I felt even crazier because I realized I couldn't pinpoint the root of my pain.
    Interesting :o I guess I was always aware of things like that. My weak side isn't that. So yeah this could be individual what helps someone.

It was like my brain was tricking me, and I was writing thoughts that weren't actually my own.
    Now that's just weird

Buddhism helped me on the path to greater awareness of myself and the world around me. Eventually, I felt like I could see more clearly again. Like @Halla74 suggested, it also focused on taking responsibility for ones self.
    Glad it helped!

I don't know hard to explain. I guess I get caught up in societies or other people's views on things. Like societies version of success. Then I think I'm less of a person if I can't do that so I start doing things that aren't actually me just to prove something. When what I actually care about has NOTHING to do with that stuff. I get confused as to which stuff is really me.
    I see. E3 fix? :P

Permabanned

I see. E3 fix? :P
    No I'm a 4 fix. I think it has more to do with 7s not wanting to be limited.

MBTI
    SeNi
    Enneagram
    8+7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SeTi

No I'm a 4 fix. I think it has more to do with 7s not wanting to be limited.
    Okay just the part about you getting confused about which stuff is "really you" was extremely 3-ish

4w3? :p

Permabanned

Okay just the part about you getting confused about which stuff is "really you" was extremely 3-ish

4w3? :p
    Well I'm not a 3. 3s do things for love and admiration and wear masks. I prefer to be genuine and I don't give a crap about anyones approval. Yea 4w3 but it's at the end of my tritype.

MBTI
    SeNi
    Enneagram
    8+7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SeTi

Well I'm not a 3. 3s do things for love and admiration and wear masks. I prefer to be genuine and I don't give a crap about anyones approval. Yea 4w3 but it's at the end of my tritype.
    Yea okay .. curious now, what's your gut fix?

Permabanned

Yea okay .. curious now, what's your gut fix?
    8w7