User Tag List

12 Last

Default SP Women and Dating Preferences

What do you look for in a man, both physically and in personality?
    How do you feel about traditional gender roles?
    What did you look for in boys-physically and in personality-when you were in high school/college?
    Do you ever wear revealing clothing? What is your primary method for finding a man?
    When choosing a guy, do you focus your energy on one guy at a time or do you test the waters and choose the best one?
    Likes RedAmazoneFriendZone liked this post

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

I've tended to date more slim/tall guys. But I really have no preference. I've dated stout, big, small, muscular, physically weak, pale, tan, redheads, blondes, and brunettes. Personality can make a man more or less attractive physically. I like smart, self aware men with a good sense of humor. I detest guy's that are "too cool" and huge ego's.

I'm not sure what you mean by traditional gender roles. What fraction of it? Like women staying at home and men going off to work to bring home the bread? I like guy's with ambition or a good head on their shoulder with a strong ethic. I don't particularly care for "macho" guy's, though I'm also not certain what it means to be a macho guy in this day and age.

In high school, I was attracted to the punk rock boys, I suppose. Guy's who played guitar and what not.

I'm not one for revealing clothing. I have not method for finding a man, except just being myself. I want a guy to be attracted to me for who I am, and not who they think I am. We'll only wind up disappointed down the road.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green
    Likes obzen210 liked this post

MBTI
    SeNi
    Enneagram
    8+7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SeTi

Quote Originally Posted by obzen210 View Post
    Physical looks are important but I have my own taste so I don't necessarily like what's considered good looking.

Personality: Good question Guess someone smart/deep, kind, willing to go along with my stuff

Indifferent

What did you look for in boys-physically and in personality-when you were in high school/college?
    I didn't look for anything in personality beyond maybe having some "mystical" quality, that was something that would take my attention.

Do you ever wear revealing clothing?
    O_o

What is your primary method for finding a man?
    No method lol. Just talk to a lot of people

When choosing a guy, do you focus your energy on one guy at a time or do you test the waters and choose the best one?
    This isn't done in such a conscious way.
    Likes MDP2525, obzen210 liked this post

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram

physically, going by my dating history I like lean and tall guys with a great smile and faces that are easy to look at.
    personality wise, they were thoughtful, imaginative, odd sense of humour and at times more emotionally demanding than myself.

I don't care about traditional gender roles, I think it's archaic and irrelevant.

In high school I liked shy boys.

Sometimes I wear low cut tops but thats about as revealing as it gets and I don't do it for attention.
    I don't have a method for finding a man, it just happens..

I definitely test the waters first.. I do this by trying to keep things casual, be friends and get to know him first but I seem to attract the kind of guy who's a bit more intense and wants to take me out to dinner on the first date. I try not to let a guy know I'm interested until I'm sure I am.. then I go for it
    7w6 . 3w2 . 9w8

~

Chaos is more freedom; in fact, total freedom. But no meaning.
    I want to be free to act, and I also want my actions to mean something.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

It sort of varies what I look for in a guy. As long as I can laugh with them, they at least care about me but aren't feeling up on me in public, and they're just decent people in general, I will get along with them. I guess I have a slight preference for brunettes with blue eyes Almost every guy I end up liking is taller than me.

I don't have a problem with gender roles, but I don't think you have to stick with them strictly.

I don't wear super revealing clothes. Sometimes you can see a tiny bit of cleavage but I keep things covered. That's not how I prefer to get guys.

I just talk to people that I know, and develop relationships from there.

MBTI
    ISFx
    Enneagram
    4w5

Physically, I like tall (6' or more) husky meaning big bone men. I prefer a brown hair and brown eyes ie Orlando Bloom type of look.

Personality: emotionally mature, same sense of humour, enjoy doing things together, family oriented, respect my need for space and time alone, laid back and not pushy, same mental wave length, no mind games or manipulation as in asking in a straight forward manner, direct with needs and wants, generous heart.

I am in a traditional gender role as a stay at home mom because we BOTH wanted someone to stay home and raise the kids. The deciding factor was that he made more money than me. I don't regret the decision.

I preferred boys as friends rather than in a romantic relationship.

I am generally conservative in my clothes.

Before I decided to get serious about finding a husband, there was no method. When I decided that I wanted to get married, I looked at myself and determined what I wanted in a husband and made a list. Then, I read several books about dating. I then felt that I had a reasonable plan and a focus. If I felt nothing after three or four dates, I moved on. Nor was I coy about my questions, I was forward and direct about my questions regarding marriage, kids, money, religion, expectations, etc.

One at a time.
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by valaki View Post
    Physical looks are important but I have my own taste so I don't necessarily like what's considered good looking.

Personality: Good question Guess someone smart/deep, kind, willing to go along with my stuff
    Could you clarify your personality type in terms of ISFP/ISFJ etc. I'm not that versed in this, still barely scratching the surface

[QUOTE=valaki;2228850]I didn't look for anything in personality beyond maybe having some "mystical" quality, that was something that would take my attention.

O_o
    It's just a question. I'm not here to judge you

This isn't done in such a conscious way.
    It's ok, like I said you don't have to feel judged, all I seek is information. If you'd like to specify, it would be appreciated on my part.

Thank you for your responses.

Thank you to everyone for responding!

The face of Jensen Ackles, the body of Tom Hardy and the personality of Mitt Romney. Who am I even lying to, I'm just looking for Mitt Romney.
    For other people? Knock yourselves out. For myself? Hell naw.
    See the first question. If I could just find someone who's exactly like me but a man, that would be just stellar.
    Que?
    I go out and club the one I like and drag him home.
    Dragging one unconscious person home is hard enough.
    Likes RobinSkye liked this post

MBTI
    esTP
    Enneagram
    845 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Men? I like them gift-wrapped. Emphasis on the word 'wrapped'!

As in Dom-male / Sub-female? I literally throw up in my mouth even thinking about it.

And I admit, considering its prevalence, I end up thinking about it a lot.

Beards mainly; well-groomed, but not gross. If I'm going to bother with a guy, I want him to at least look like one.

I wear tank-tops on the daily.

Ehhhh...never actually LOOKED for one? Any ones I've actually considered all sorta just threw themselves at my feet.

I have a bad habit of being histrionic and being overly flirtatious with men I'm not even sexually attracted to, though, which may be why any of this happened to begin with.

I admit, once I had a bite--and there were usually multiple--I fished with them for a while. Once I found one I actually cared enough about? I kinda dropped everyone else flat, because I wanted to invest my energy into helping/being affectionate towards someone I cared about. Love 'em and leave 'em, right? *shot*
    Likes RedAmazoneFriendZone liked this post