User Tag List

12 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 20

Thread: SP brother

  1. #1
    Honeyed Water thoughtlost's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Enneagram
    N/A
    Posts
    750

    Question SP brother

    I'd really like to know what kind of SP my brother is, if you can help out. His behaviors and thought process really just confuses me.

    First off, he's a football player. He has wanted to be a football player since he was 6 or so. He's a great football player, which is fine, but that's all he focuses on.

    He's a very... "do as you go" kind of person. Won't think to do things ahead of time. So let's say he needs to wash his sheets before he goes back to his prep school, my mom has to either remind him or he does at the very last minute. In fact, he didn't even wash his blanket and had to use one of mine =( It's annoying because I asked him the night before "is everything ready?" He told me "yeah" ....and here I am ...having to give him my blanket.

    ...but most ANNOYING... Let's say he wants to go to a sports game at his old high school. He's getting better at telling me the day before, but typically he'll tell me the day of. It's as if he just expects me to go with it. He doesn't think that maybe I didn't get enough sleep (because I like to stay up until 5 am and he knows that because he stays up late too). Also, I hate driving. So I am really inclined to say no... but he'll complain a bit and be like "Why not? You're not doing anything." So I find him really annoying because this is his typical behavior.

    Even in high school, he once told me that girls feel like they have to take care of him because there are certain things he can't do on his own, like learn how to use the huge library printers. There are more things he can't do on his own... like make eggs or tea.

    I feel like his rational about things are very skewed because he doesn't consult the outside world at all. He wanted me to take him to the RMV a few days ago and he just expects things to work out, BUT he didn't check to make I'd have a car to drive him around. He doesn't do well with details so he didn't make sure that what he wanted to do was feasible. I don't know if he just expects everyone else to pick up the slack or what. I even told him what he needs to tell mom/dad so he could make sure we'd have car (because I know he won't think of it on his own so now there shouldn't be any excuse from him), but he still didn't do it. We ended up not going to the RMV. He sort of complained about it ...but he never sees how it's his fault. He should have told my parents ...since they are the ones with a car... so he could make sure it's possible for me to drive him.

    He's a pretty bad student. It's not like he procrastinates, he just doesn't think he needs to study as much as he actually needs to, but when he gets a bad grade he calmly blames the teacher and says that she doesn't teach well or they don't like him or something (but that's only if you ask him why he didn't get a bad grade).

    Anyway: In general, he is inconsiderate and I'd like to say lazy. He really won't do ANYTHING he really really doesn't want to do even if it necessary to do what he wants to do. He's pretty quiet in the house, but I guess in public people like him a lot. He's very popular. He likes to interact with people. His face doesn't show too much expression. He's very very simple (wants what he wants when he wants it).

    enneagram wise I think he is 9w8 considering how, to me, his motto in life is "Let me not worry about the details about life... just give me what I want". But I have almost no idea what his MBTI/cog functions would be.

  2. #2
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    576

    Default

    Sounds like an ESTP 7.

  3. #3
    Honeyed Water thoughtlost's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Enneagram
    N/A
    Posts
    750

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by badger055 View Post
    Sounds like an ESTP 7.
    I see what you mean, I thought that seven would be in his tri-type... but he's too focused on this one goal of making it to the NFL. Maybe it's because I have a biased few of type 7s I see them as chasing many different things instead of just one thing. Is it possible that type 7s can "pursue" a goal for ...like there whole lives? (maybe I am completely stereotyping 7s).

  4. #4
    Stansmith
    Guest

    Default

    STP 9w8.

  5. #5
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    576

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thoughtlost View Post
    I see what you mean, I thought that seven would be in his tri-type... but he's too focused on this one goal of making it to the NFL. Maybe it's because I have a biased few of type 7s I see them as chasing many different things instead of just one thing. Is it possible that type 7s can "pursue" a goal for ...like there whole lives? (maybe I am completely stereotyping 7s).
    Then could be an 8 they are more narrow minded in their goals. As for 7s yea we can especially if it's 7w8. It's the whole I only do what I want thing so if he wants that then sure and we always need to look forward to something in the future to keep anxiety away.

    Easy way to tell if he seems more grounded and domineering then he's an 8. 7s have a faster energy.

  6. #6
    Honeyed Water thoughtlost's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Enneagram
    N/A
    Posts
    750

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stansmith View Post
    How often/naturally would you saw he uses Fe? It's an aspect of ETPs that I feel is usually pretty apparent when compared to ITPs.
    hhmm... I feel like he doesn't use it well? When he was younger he was unnecessarily sensitive. He still is if you say he is a bad football player or something of the sort. He's really really bad at understanding other people's intentions, so he probably wouldn't understand how to discriminate between good and bad people or actions, but he's basically a nice kid to everyone. To me, he looks awkward in front of people because he is so ...rigid (he doesn't look dorky at all since he's a football player), but he always looks stiff in social situations even though he's social and likes to interact with others.

    ...idk. he's more much softer with people outside of the family.

    ...I think he'e ISTP xD

  7. #7
    Honeyed Water thoughtlost's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Enneagram
    N/A
    Posts
    750

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by badger055 View Post
    Then could be an 8 they are more narrow minded in their goals. As for 7s yea we can especially if it's 7w8. It's the whole I only do what I want thing so if he wants that then sure and we always need to look forward to something in the future to keep anxiety away.

    Easy way to tell if he seems more grounded and domineering then he's an 8. 7s have a faster energy.
    He's very calm. VERY CALM. It's not even funny. I remember one time I found out that my brother was trapped in the house during a huge winter storm and he told me that his feet her freezing ...but he didn't look fazed at all... he really never gets angry unless he's provoked by. He's not domineering at all. The "do what I want thing" is more hedonistic. If he want cake he wants in now. If he wants to go to a party ...he wants to go to the party and won't think... "hey my sister (me... his damn sister, lol) may not want to drive me so let me just stay home this time around" What annoys me is that isn't considerate.

    Also, I don't think he has fast energy, both mentally and physically. Doesn't get "excited" about anything (facial expresion wise). So you can only tell when he's angry because all his other emotional expressions are the same ...unless he's trying to smile and the it's awkward xD

  8. #8
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    576

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thoughtlost View Post
    He's very calm. VERY CALM. It's not even funny. I remember one time I found out that my brother was trapped in the house during a huge winter storm and he told me that his feet her freezing ...but he didn't look fazed at all... he really never gets angry unless he's provoked by. He's not domineering at all. The "do what I want thing" is more hedonistic. If he want cake he wants in now. If he wants to go to a party ...he wants to go to the party and won't think... "hey my sister (me... his damn sister, lol) may not want to drive me so let me just stay home this time around" What annoys me is that isn't considerate.

    Also, I don't think he has fast energy, both mentally and physically. Doesn't get "excited" about anything (facial expresion wise). So you can only tell when he's angry because all his other emotional expressions are the same ...unless he's trying to smile and the it's awkward xD
    Being calm is more ISTP then but I hate parties and people. I would guess he is an ISTP 7 sx/so. He needs people to take care of him cause he has no sp instinct.

  9. #9
    Listening Oaky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    6,168

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by badger055 View Post
    He needs people to take care of him cause he has no sp instinct.
    What is sp instinct? I just got the idea that he's under 18.

  10. #10
    Honeyed Water thoughtlost's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Enneagram
    N/A
    Posts
    750

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Time View Post
    What is sp instinct? I just got the idea that he's under 18.
    He's exactly 18. Also, I don't think that a lack of sp has anything to do with him not being to take care of things himself also ...so

    Edit: lies... he's 19 xDD ...Does being a boy have anything to do with him not being able to do anything for himself? lolol jk. He's the last born... so I know that plays a factor. Even my evolutionary bio teacher would say that the last borns suck. Either way, knowing his type would be interesting. xD

Similar Threads

  1. [SP] to the sp types
    By chado in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-08-2017, 10:29 PM
  2. [SP] How do SPs experience crushes?
    By Usehername in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 04-02-2009, 02:36 AM
  3. Does SJ vs SP account for gender bias?
    By Tayshaun in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-17-2007, 08:11 AM
  4. Big brother is Watching You
    By wyrdsister in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-25-2007, 04:36 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO