• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SP] SP brother

thoughtlost

Honeyed Water
Enneagram
N/A
I'd really like to know what kind of SP my brother is, if you can help out. His behaviors and thought process really just confuses me.

First off, he's a football player. He has wanted to be a football player since he was 6 or so. He's a great football player, which is fine, but that's all he focuses on.

He's a very... "do as you go" kind of person. Won't think to do things ahead of time. So let's say he needs to wash his sheets before he goes back to his prep school, my mom has to either remind him or he does at the very last minute. In fact, he didn't even wash his blanket and had to use one of mine =( It's annoying because I asked him the night before "is everything ready?" He told me "yeah" ....and here I am ...having to give him my blanket.

...but most ANNOYING... Let's say he wants to go to a sports game at his old high school. He's getting better at telling me the day before, but typically he'll tell me the day of. It's as if he just expects me to go with it. He doesn't think that maybe I didn't get enough sleep (because I like to stay up until 5 am and he knows that because he stays up late too). Also, I hate driving. So I am really inclined to say no... but he'll complain a bit and be like "Why not? You're not doing anything." So I find him really annoying because this is his typical behavior.

Even in high school, he once told me that girls feel like they have to take care of him because there are certain things he can't do on his own, like learn how to use the huge library printers. There are more things he can't do on his own... like make eggs or tea.

I feel like his rational about things are very skewed because he doesn't consult the outside world at all. He wanted me to take him to the RMV a few days ago and he just expects things to work out, BUT he didn't check to make I'd have a car to drive him around. He doesn't do well with details so he didn't make sure that what he wanted to do was feasible. I don't know if he just expects everyone else to pick up the slack or what. I even told him what he needs to tell mom/dad so he could make sure we'd have car (because I know he won't think of it on his own so now there shouldn't be any excuse from him), but he still didn't do it. We ended up not going to the RMV. He sort of complained about it ...but he never sees how it's his fault. He should have told my parents ...since they are the ones with a car... so he could make sure it's possible for me to drive him.

He's a pretty bad student. It's not like he procrastinates, he just doesn't think he needs to study as much as he actually needs to, but when he gets a bad grade he calmly blames the teacher and says that she doesn't teach well or they don't like him or something (but that's only if you ask him why he didn't get a bad grade).

Anyway: In general, he is inconsiderate and I'd like to say lazy. He really won't do ANYTHING he really really doesn't want to do even if it necessary to do what he wants to do. He's pretty quiet in the house, but I guess in public people like him a lot. He's very popular. He likes to interact with people. His face doesn't show too much expression. He's very very simple (wants what he wants when he wants it).

enneagram wise I think he is 9w8 considering how, to me, his motto in life is "Let me not worry about the details about life... just give me what I want". But I have almost no idea what his MBTI/cog functions would be.

thoughtlost

Honeyed Water
Enneagram
N/A
Sounds like an ESTP 7.

I see what you mean, I thought that seven would be in his tri-type... but he's too focused on this one goal of making it to the NFL. Maybe it's because I have a biased few of type 7s I see them as chasing many different things instead of just one thing. Is it possible that type 7s can "pursue" a goal for ...like there whole lives? (maybe I am completely stereotyping 7s).

badger055

Permabanned
I see what you mean, I thought that seven would be in his tri-type... but he's too focused on this one goal of making it to the NFL. Maybe it's because I have a biased few of type 7s I see them as chasing many different things instead of just one thing. Is it possible that type 7s can "pursue" a goal for ...like there whole lives? (maybe I am completely stereotyping 7s).

Then could be an 8 they are more narrow minded in their goals. As for 7s yea we can especially if it's 7w8. It's the whole I only do what I want thing so if he wants that then sure and we always need to look forward to something in the future to keep anxiety away.

Easy way to tell if he seems more grounded and domineering then he's an 8. 7s have a faster energy.

thoughtlost

Honeyed Water
Enneagram
N/A
How often/naturally would you saw he uses Fe? It's an aspect of ETPs that I feel is usually pretty apparent when compared to ITPs.

hhmm... I feel like he doesn't use it well? When he was younger he was unnecessarily sensitive. He still is if you say he is a bad football player or something of the sort. He's really really bad at understanding other people's intentions, so he probably wouldn't understand how to discriminate between good and bad people or actions, but he's basically a nice kid to everyone. To me, he looks awkward in front of people because he is so ...rigid (he doesn't look dorky at all since he's a football player), but he always looks stiff in social situations even though he's social and likes to interact with others.

...idk. he's more much softer with people outside of the family.

...I think he'e ISTP xD

thoughtlost

Honeyed Water
Enneagram
N/A
Then could be an 8 they are more narrow minded in their goals. As for 7s yea we can especially if it's 7w8. It's the whole I only do what I want thing so if he wants that then sure and we always need to look forward to something in the future to keep anxiety away.

Easy way to tell if he seems more grounded and domineering then he's an 8. 7s have a faster energy.

He's very calm. VERY CALM. It's not even funny. I remember one time I found out that my brother was trapped in the house during a huge winter storm and he told me that his feet her freezing ...but he didn't look fazed at all... he really never gets angry unless he's provoked by. He's not domineering at all. The "do what I want thing" is more hedonistic. If he want cake he wants in now. If he wants to go to a party ...he wants to go to the party and won't think... "hey my sister (me... his damn sister, lol) may not want to drive me so let me just stay home this time around" What annoys me is that isn't considerate.

Also, I don't think he has fast energy, both mentally and physically. Doesn't get "excited" about anything (facial expresion wise). So you can only tell when he's angry because all his other emotional expressions are the same ...unless he's trying to smile and the it's awkward xD

badger055

Permabanned
He's very calm. VERY CALM. It's not even funny. I remember one time I found out that my brother was trapped in the house during a huge winter storm and he told me that his feet her freezing ...but he didn't look fazed at all... he really never gets angry unless he's provoked by. He's not domineering at all. The "do what I want thing" is more hedonistic. If he want cake he wants in now. If he wants to go to a party ...he wants to go to the party and won't think... "hey my sister (me... his damn sister, lol) may not want to drive me so let me just stay home this time around" What annoys me is that isn't considerate.

Also, I don't think he has fast energy, both mentally and physically. Doesn't get "excited" about anything (facial expresion wise). So you can only tell when he's angry because all his other emotional expressions are the same ...unless he's trying to smile and the it's awkward xD

Being calm is more ISTP then but I hate parties and people. I would guess he is an ISTP 7 sx/so. He needs people to take care of him cause he has no sp instinct.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
He needs people to take care of him cause he has no sp instinct.
What is sp instinct? I just got the idea that he's under 18.

thoughtlost

Honeyed Water
Enneagram
N/A

He's exactly 18. Also, I don't think that a lack of sp has anything to do with him not being to take care of things himself also ...so :shrug:

Edit: lies... he's 19 xDD ...Does being a boy have anything to do with him not being able to do anything for himself? lolol jk. He's the last born... so I know that plays a factor. Even my evolutionary bio teacher would say that the last borns suck. Either way, knowing his type would be interesting. xD

badger055

Permabanned

Self preservation instinct. You guys should look into how the instinctual stackings work.

Self Preservation Instinct
People who have this as their dominant instinct are preoccupied with the safety, comfort, health, energy, and well-being of the physical body. In a word, they are concerned with having enough resources to meet life's demands. Identification with the body is a fundamental focus for all humans, and we need our body to function well in order to be alive and active in the world. Most people in contemporary cultures are not faced life or death "survival" in the strictest sense; thus, Self-Preservation types tend to be concerned with food, money, housing, medical matters, and physical comfort. Moreover, those primarily focused on self-preservation, by extension, are usually interested in maintaining these resources for others as well. Their focus of attention naturally goes towards things related to these areas such as clothes, temperature, shopping, decorating, and the like, particularly if they are not satisfied in these areas or have a feeling of deficiency due to their childhoods. Self-Pres types tend to be more grounded, practical, serious, and introverted than the other two instinctual types. They might have active social lives and a satisfying intimate relationship, but if they feel that their self-preservation needs are not being met, still tend not to be happy or at ease. In their primary relationships, these people are "nesters"—they seek domestic tranquility and security with a stable, reliable partner.

And this is what an sx/so 7 looks like (does not have sp instinct).

Type Seven Sexual/Social

This subtype has a lot of energy, crazy, intense energy and this energy is going to find a way to manifest. This subtype of Seven can have the biggest extremes in behavior and with material success in life. With the self-pres instinct last in the stacking they aren’t afraid of taking risks, so they sometimes become very successful, as in the case of rock stars, but they typically also take too many risks, look for too many easy ways out. With the self-pres least developed, they can become dependent on others to add a much needed stabilizing element to their busy hedonistic lives. They have many of the same issues and share many of the same problems as the other sexual first subtype with regards to relationship addiction and have even more dependency issues then the sexual/self-pres. They can lose focus and drift similar to the social/sexual subtype and their high energy can likewise be draining for others.

With this subtype, you have drama mixed with mental energy. What separates them from Fours who they might resemble superficially is their planning and future orientation. Their drama and intensity is focused on what they are going to do, not on what has happened. They are usually blind to their past, moving forward and not looking back.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
He's exactly 18. Also, I don't think that a lack of sp has anything to do with him not being to take care of things himself also ...so :shrug:

Edit: lies... he's 19 xDD ...Does being a boy have anything to do with him not being able to do anything for himself? lolol jk. He's the last born... so I know that plays a factor. Even my evolutionary bio teacher would say that the last borns suck. Either way, knowing his type would be interesting. xD
Close. I thought if he's ISTP he'd stereotypically wish to get a driving license as soon as he can.
Self preservation instinct. You guys should look into how the instinctual stackings work.

Oops I apologise. sp instinctual variants flew right over my head. I know very well what sp is. My mind was focused on SP as in Se users with 'instincts' added on.

thoughtlost

Honeyed Water
Enneagram
N/A

type 7 sx/so doesn't sound like my brother. He does not have crazy intense energy. He literally does nothing except play sports videos games/watch sports, chill out with friends... and then play football. He takes life very ...chill. He's not busy, he just doesn't care to handle smaller things. So he'll forget his textbooks at school and just expects me to get up or if he wants something he probably won't comprehend that I wouldn't want to pay for it.

badger055

Permabanned
type 7 sx/so doesn't sound like my brother. He does not have crazy intense energy. He literally does nothing except play sports videos games/watch sports, chill out with friends... and then play football. He takes life very ...chill. He's not busy, he just doesn't care to handle smaller things. So he'll forget his textbooks at school and just expects me to get up or if he wants something he probably won't comprehend that I wouldn't want to pay for it.

If he's ISTP then he's technically introverted so the effect won't be as big. Most type 7 descriptions are meant for extroverts.

thoughtlost

Honeyed Water
Enneagram
N/A
Close. I thought if he's ISTP he'd stereotypically wish to get a driving license as soon as he can.

He does want to get it. But since he's really bad at details... he never studies enough to even get his permit and he never fills out his forms correctly to get the permit.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The estp I know are very people conscious. They do tend to be lazy in certain areas while very forward driven in others. I know I have always had paying attention to others as a back burner that is always on. May not be at forefront, but its pretty obvious its always on.

As a kid my main interest was to learn and figure things out. I tore apart toys to see how they work, read books that explained how things work. By junior high I started martial arts and that consumed a lot of my time. 3 classes a day 3-4 days a week. I have always been independent, the estp's I know tend to be less independent and wait to the last minute to ask, but don't bitch or complain as they are somewhat self aware and not people who tends to blame everyone else.

lauranna

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
He sounds very much like me when I was younger. Very ISTP 9w8 [MENTION=18445]thoughtlost[/MENTION]

Sunny Ghost

I don't know that there was a whole lot that indicated one type of SP over another, though I seemed to lean towards the introversion side due to not referencing the outside world. Most of this indicated an enneagram 9.

thoughtlost

Honeyed Water
Enneagram
N/A
Thank you [MENTION=10131]IndyAnnaJoan[/MENTION]

The only thing I am sure about his him being a 9