User Tag List

First 12

Thread: SP brother

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by Time View Post
    What is sp instinct? I just got the idea that he's under 18.
    Self preservation instinct. You guys should look into how the instinctual stackings work.

Self Preservation Instinct
    People who have this as their dominant instinct are preoccupied with the safety, comfort, health, energy, and well-being of the physical body. In a word, they are concerned with having enough resources to meet life's demands. Identification with the body is a fundamental focus for all humans, and we need our body to function well in order to be alive and active in the world. Most people in contemporary cultures are not faced life or death "survival" in the strictest sense; thus, Self-Preservation types tend to be concerned with food, money, housing, medical matters, and physical comfort. Moreover, those primarily focused on self-preservation, by extension, are usually interested in maintaining these resources for others as well. Their focus of attention naturally goes towards things related to these areas such as clothes, temperature, shopping, decorating, and the like, particularly if they are not satisfied in these areas or have a feeling of deficiency due to their childhoods. Self-Pres types tend to be more grounded, practical, serious, and introverted than the other two instinctual types. They might have active social lives and a satisfying intimate relationship, but if they feel that their self-preservation needs are not being met, still tend not to be happy or at ease. In their primary relationships, these people are "nesters"—they seek domestic tranquility and security with a stable, reliable partner.
    And this is what an sx/so 7 looks like (does not have sp instinct).

Type Seven Sexual/Social

This subtype has a lot of energy, crazy, intense energy and this energy is going to find a way to manifest. This subtype of Seven can have the biggest extremes in behavior and with material success in life. With the self-pres instinct last in the stacking they aren’t afraid of taking risks, so they sometimes become very successful, as in the case of rock stars, but they typically also take too many risks, look for too many easy ways out. With the self-pres least developed, they can become dependent on others to add a much needed stabilizing element to their busy hedonistic lives. They have many of the same issues and share many of the same problems as the other sexual first subtype with regards to relationship addiction and have even more dependency issues then the sexual/self-pres. They can lose focus and drift similar to the social/sexual subtype and their high energy can likewise be draining for others.

With this subtype, you have drama mixed with mental energy. What separates them from Fours who they might resemble superficially is their planning and future orientation. Their drama and intensity is focused on what they are going to do, not on what has happened. They are usually blind to their past, moving forward and not looking back.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by thoughtlost View Post
    He's exactly 18. Also, I don't think that a lack of sp has anything to do with him not being to take care of things himself also ...so

Edit: lies... he's 19 xDD ...Does being a boy have anything to do with him not being able to do anything for himself? lolol jk. He's the last born... so I know that plays a factor. Even my evolutionary bio teacher would say that the last borns suck. Either way, knowing his type would be interesting. xD
    Close. I thought if he's ISTP he'd stereotypically wish to get a driving license as soon as he can.
    Quote Originally Posted by badger055 View Post
    Self preservation instinct. You guys should look into how the instinctual stackings work.

Oops I apologise. sp instinctual variants flew right over my head. I know very well what sp is. My mind was focused on SP as in Se users with 'instincts' added on.

Enneagram
    N/A

type 7 sx/so doesn't sound like my brother. He does not have crazy intense energy. He literally does nothing except play sports videos games/watch sports, chill out with friends... and then play football. He takes life very ...chill. He's not busy, he just doesn't care to handle smaller things. So he'll forget his textbooks at school and just expects me to get up or if he wants something he probably won't comprehend that I wouldn't want to pay for it.

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by thoughtlost View Post
    type 7 sx/so doesn't sound like my brother. He does not have crazy intense energy. He literally does nothing except play sports videos games/watch sports, chill out with friends... and then play football. He takes life very ...chill. He's not busy, he just doesn't care to handle smaller things. So he'll forget his textbooks at school and just expects me to get up or if he wants something he probably won't comprehend that I wouldn't want to pay for it.
    If he's ISTP then he's technically introverted so the effect won't be as big. Most type 7 descriptions are meant for extroverts.

Enneagram
    N/A

If he's ISTP then he's technically introverted so the effect won't be as big. Most type 7 descriptions are meant for extroverts.
    ...I guess I see your point.

Enneagram
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Time View Post
    Close. I thought if he's ISTP he'd stereotypically wish to get a driving license as soon as he can.
    He does want to get it. But since he's really bad at details... he never studies enough to even get his permit and he never fills out his forms correctly to get the permit.

MBTI
    STP

The estp I know are very people conscious. They do tend to be lazy in certain areas while very forward driven in others. I know I have always had paying attention to others as a back burner that is always on. May not be at forefront, but its pretty obvious its always on.

As a kid my main interest was to learn and figure things out. I tore apart toys to see how they work, read books that explained how things work. By junior high I started martial arts and that consumed a lot of my time. 3 classes a day 3-4 days a week. I have always been independent, the estp's I know tend to be less independent and wait to the last minute to ask, but don't bitch or complain as they are somewhat self aware and not people who tends to blame everyone else.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp

He sounds very much like me when I was younger. Very ISTP 9w8 @thoughtlost

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

I don't know that there was a whole lot that indicated one type of SP over another, though I seemed to lean towards the introversion side due to not referencing the outside world. Most of this indicated an enneagram 9.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

Enneagram
    N/A

Thank you @IndyAnnaJoan

The only thing I am sure about his him being a 9
    You are so arbitrary.