User Tag List

First 4567 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

I can't understand that kind of thinking. Never felt that way (it's also not how relationships pan out in general from where I come from...I'm always shocked about US people moving in with girlfriends / boyfriends after 1-2 months).

I mean just think about the enormous loss of freedom (months spent bickering) and money (moving in, moving out, finding an apartment, living in a hotel for a while, bla bla) that a failed relationship can cause. Plus all the psychological stress. Much better to wait some, perhaps do some stupid stuff together (like a trip somewhere exotic) but still each one has to have his own life.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by badger055 View Post
    Enneagram checks out in the real world for the most part. Socionics does not.

Well you are looking at a whole forum of ISTP butt sniffers what can I say. It's a tragedy I know. Half are probably mistyped though.

I don't care please fire at me I enjoy it. Also hurry up and write more Kelly clarkson blog posts chananay I have been waiting.
    Well if you think that the enneagram is spot on, then your understanding of people is chronic. You don't like people though, do you? Well it makes sense then, that your understanding of types is so bad.
    The truth is like a lion. You don't have to defend it. Let it loose. It will defend itself.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    No it's not.
    Yeah no completely not.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    yupp

My thought process towards guys:

Hmmm he seems Interesting

Guy says something

If good ok I can talk more

If bad nevermind he ugly

Good guy still talking having a nice conversation ooh I want to bang him, probably not that into me. Oh well enjoying the conversation.

Socionics
    IEE

Enneagram checks out in the real world for the most part. Socionics does not.

This sums up what I think about the enneagram.

http://www.skepdic.com/enneagr.html

The above Style was said to be mine as a result of a test I took. However, the test came with the following advisory:

Does this fit you? If it does not, go back over the test, rethink some of your answers and see if you come up with your style. This is not easy. Your enneagram style is an energy you have been using without knowing all your life. You have a vested interest in not knowing this energy because it may slightly alter what you have considered your motivation for many things. Besides, this energy has a down side you may not like to acknowledge.

If the style doesn't fit, go back and change some answers until it fits but be careful because you may be deceiving yourself when you answered the questions the first time or you may be deceiving yourself with your revisions! Note also how the profile contains several weasel words: 'can be', 'are often', 'tend to', 'can become'. The central feature of the Five is thinking. Nobody needs a personality test to determine if his or her dominant energy, drive, fixation, passion, etc., is the intellectual. Thinkers are observers and intellectuals are often arrogant. This is not a scoop. Nor is it very useful, as is evident by the listing of people who are allegedly all Fives.

The Enneagram is a circle, meant to symbolise the Cosmos and the "one-ness": this comes from a monist perspective. The Sufis are monists believing that we are all one with each other and with the universe and at the same time pantheists believing that the universe is god.

Inside the circle is a triangle, and it connects up the points of the 9, the 3 and the 6; and it symbolises God. We should notice right away that it's God inside the cosmos, not the cosmos inside God.

There's another figure that is 6 sided and it connects from the I to the 4, 4 to the 2, 2 to the 8, 8 to the 5, 5 to the 7 and the 7 back to the I again. And there you have your Enneagram. (Ennea is Greek for "nine").

It is claimed that the Enneagram is a system revealing nine personality types and it is used in the various workshops and taught in seminaries.

You claim to hate people talking about us all being connected to the universe, yet you subscribe to the enneagram, which is nothing but spiritual bullshit. And you claim it has more basis in reality than Socionics.

Beautiful. Just beautiful
    The truth is like a lion. You don't have to defend it. Let it loose. It will defend itself.

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by Eye of the Potato View Post
    Well if you think that the enneagram is spot on, then your understanding of people is chronic. You don't like people though, do you? Well it makes sense then, that your understanding of types is so bad.
    I like one on one stuff or close friendships. I do a lot of dating so I get to see this stuff in action. I don't care about the enneagram esoteric stuff I just look at the types. Socionics is made up bullshit as far as I'm concerned.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Didn't you hear me I already decided to hell with relationships I'm going to make a harem. Going somewhere in a relationship just means you are headed for marriage. Yuck.
    Yes when you can't handle one women, the obvious answer is to add more. If you really think all relationships head in a marriage direction then the best thing for you is no women for awhile. Well, until you figure out that there is more than one actual person in a relationship.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    Yes when you can't handle one women, the obvious answer is to add more. If you really think all relationships head in a marriage direction then the best thing for you is no women for awhile. Well, until you figure out that there is more than one actual person in a relationship.
    You guys just don't get the rockstar mentality. You can't "fix" me.

Socionics
    IEE

I like one on one stuff or close friendships. I do a lot of dating so I get to see this stuff in action. I don't care about the enneagram esoteric stuff I just look at the types. Socionics is made up bullshit as far as I'm concerned.
    Yeah well I have only one thing to say to that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iC65ufGUvKM

Stansmith

You guys just don't get the rockstar mentality. You can't "fix" me.

Good luck.