User Tag List

First 123 Last

Stansmith

Quote Originally Posted by IndyAnnaJoan View Post
    That alone doesn't make you an Se type. I know plenty of xNFP females and xNFJ females who also care about appearances. I know several ENFP females who are hair stylists. Or aspiring models. Or obsessed with a healthy diet for their appearance. I think from a distance, ENFP's can often resemble ISFP's and vice versa.

What makes you think you're an ISFP?

I wonder how much you and Marm have in common. She seems constantly wavering in her type. She only seems certain of Fi and being a type 6.
    Other posters seem to agree on me being SeNi type over a NeSi type, and I can also see how that manifests in my thinking. I look at whatever I'm shown in terms of it's literal qualities (Se) and meaning (Ni), rather than it's objective potential (Ne), which usually escapes me. I'm also confident that I'm an Fi-user.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by Stansmith View Post
    Other posters seem to agree on me being SeNi type over a NeSi type, and I can also see how that manifests in my thinking. I look at whatever I'm shown in terms of it's literal qualities (Se) and meaning (Ni), rather than it's objective potential (Ne), which usually escapes me. I'm also confident that I'm an Fi-user.
    Gotcha. Well, I say develop that Se. If you are an ISFP, doing so would help level out your sanity and happiness. I've gone through a couple of dom-tertiary loops in the past, and it certainly is a downward spiral. I've found that forcing myself to explore the outdoors, like long walks or a day hike, and bringing along a camera, can really help me to get out of my own head. Or try something new like painting or watercolors. Or yoga. Or a pottery class. Exercise, biking, running... sign up for a 5k. Volunteer on a local farm. Volunteer work in general. I volunteered at a local hospital for a little while, and I really enjoyed that.

Force yourself to quit worrying about who you are for a minute and just savor in the moment. I like to take time to just sit on my porch and enjoy a cup of coffee or hot cocoa or wine. Soak in the scenery, the weather, observe my pets play.

I also used to have a hard time forcing myself to sit down to watch comedies. I was all about dramas and anything that pulled on my heart strings and was a bit cerebral. But I've realized a healthy dose of comedy and laughter is good, too.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

Stansmith

Quote Originally Posted by IndyAnnaJoan View Post
    Gotcha. Well, I say develop that Se. If you are an ISFP, doing so would help level out your sanity and happiness. I've gone through a couple of dom-tertiary loops in the past, and it certainly is a downward spiral. I've found that forcing myself to explore the outdoors, like long walks or a day hike, and bringing along a camera, can really help me to get out of my own head. Or try something new like painting or watercolors. Or yoga. Or a pottery class. Exercise, biking, running... sign up for a 5k. Volunteer on a local farm. Volunteer work in general. I volunteered at a local hospital for a little while, and I really enjoyed that.

Force yourself to quit worrying about who you are for a minute and just savor in the moment. I like to take time to just sit on my porch and enjoy a cup of coffee or hot cocoa or wine. Soak in the scenery, the weather, observe my pets play.

I also used to have a hard time forcing myself to sit down to watch comedies. I was all about dramas and anything that pulled on my heart strings and was a bit cerebral. But I've realized a healthy dose of comedy and laughter is good, too.
    True, I should. I always feel a bit better after going outside for a bit. And yeah, I can relate to your last point; I can't really watch anything lighthearted or meant for pure entertainment anymore without feeling empty, or bored.

MBTI
    NFJ

You could be ENTJ?

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Trying to type by functions is always a mess.

But to answer the original question, yes, I'm a bad SP.

Bad to the bone.

Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

I think I'm a bad SP. My introversion can sometimes keep me from acting on what I want to actually do. For instance, I'd love to get up and just dance my little heart out like those crazy ESFPs do, but unless I'm in the mood I shy away. The only time I can just dance is when I'm dancing with my kids around the house or if I can get lost in the crowd dancing. I just don't like drawing attention to myself. I spend a huge amount of time introverting and will read books, watch movies, and research topics that interest me on the internet for hours on end, but at some point I just have to go outside and walk or get up and just go somewhere for a while, spend some time in nature. I'll then get on a "I need to get stuff done" kick and work on some projects, so some art, for days or weeks on end and then retreat back into introversion. It's all very cyclical. But yeah, I feel inept as an SP sometimes.

Senior Member captain curmudgeon's Avatar
    MBTI
    BIRD
    Enneagram
    631 sp

I used to...then I realized I wasn't one.

Jarlaxle: fact checking this thread makes me want to go all INFP on my wrists

"I'm in competition with myself and I'm losing."
    -Roger Waters

ReadingRainbows: OMG GUYS
    ReadingRainbows: GUESS WHAT EXISTS FOR ME
    hel: fairies?
    Captain Curmudgeon: existential angst?

Johari Nohari

https://www.librarything.com/profile/wheelchairdoug

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

Are you sure this is a personal lacking (like a Fi-Ni loop, as others mentioned) or do you think it's just because most descriptions of Se are somewhat narrow and uninspired?

Personally, I think the way people write about Se seems like a N trying to talk in S terms, and doing it badly might I add. They often only describe the superficial traits and rarely the interesting abstract qualities. It's an ironic failing.
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

I think its called "not being a stereotype".

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Standuble View Post
    I think its called "not being a stereotype".
    Yeah. Seriously. Typology is a broad spectrum of personality. It's the general of the general. Enneagram had a lot more (I think) to specify behavior. Anyway, type doesn't matter. Be happy. Live life.
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance