User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Results 41 to 50 of 103

  1. #41
    i love skylights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne
    Posts
    7,835

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    the last one?

    i didn't watch very much of any of them. they're all super annoying and they all look like they're playing a part. ughh maybe they're just young and impressionable idk

    but yeah last person?? the official enfp?
    I actually associate a lot with the 3rd one. She seems maybe 7w6 to my 6w7 but I empathize with the way she gets enthusiastic and launches into reflection and then slows down and then gets distracted and has to refocus. I also felt NT during late childhood, like she voices. The first one seems J, maybe even ESTJ with a good dose of Ne, and the second one seems so ExFJ it hurts. The 3rd and 5th one I feel like could be reasonably ENFP. The 4th one, ugh, annoys me too much to watch.

    These videos make me realize how much I dislike people making weird voice modulations and thinking they're cute.

  2. #42
    Member Eye of the Potato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Socionics
    IEE
    Posts
    99

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    I actually associate a lot with the 3rd one. She seems maybe 7w6 to my 6w7 but I empathize with the way she gets enthusiastic and launches into reflection and then slows down and then gets distracted and has to refocus. I also felt NT during late childhood, like she voices. The first one seems J, maybe even ESTJ with a good dose of Ne, and the second one seems so ExFJ it hurts. The 3rd and 5th one I feel like could be reasonably ENFP. The 4th one, ugh, annoys me too much to watch.

    These videos make me realize how much I dislike people making weird voice modulations and thinking they're cute.

    What's your understanding of an esfj and enfj?

    Do you think it's characteristic of their type to NOT like having a schedule to stick to?
    The truth is like a lion. You don't have to defend it. Let it loose. It will defend itself.

  3. #43
    i love skylights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne
    Posts
    7,835

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eye of the Potato View Post
    What's your understanding of an esfj and enfj?

    Do you think it's characteristic of their type to like not having a schedule to stick to?
    I think a J with a free day can be very happy to not have anything scheduled. Like my ESFJ mom - type tested and self-confirmed - today, a Sunday. It's just their tendency to schedule and plan. And as an ENFP e6 I am a rabid planner and always make schedules even for my free days. I struggle to be spontaneous and do things on the fly, just like my ISFJ e9 boyfriend dislikes planning. But underneath those differences, the ESFJ and ISFJ are structured when it comes to dealing with the outside world and I am not, hence J and P.

    The 2nd one may well be a P type, but she comes off ExFJ to me. Perhaps she has Soc instinct or e2 and that is coming off Fe to me.

    I believe in best-fit type so I find the premise of a "fake" xxxx sort of funny. Sometimes it's clear that a different label would fit better but other times it's not so clear.

  4. #44
    Member Eye of the Potato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Socionics
    IEE
    Posts
    99

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    Yes, I think a J with a free day can be very happy to not have anything scheduled. Like my ESFJ mom - type tested and self-confirmed - right now. It's just their tendency to schedule and plan.

    The 2nd one may well be a P type, but she comes off ExFJ to me. Perhaps she has Soc instinct or e2 and that is coming off Fe to me.
    Yeah enfp's can look like esfj's on the surface. We're not all hairy smelly hippies like a lot of people imagine us to be.

    The esfj's tendency is to plan and schedule, you are right, but the woman in the second video, said she likes nothing better than to not have anything scheduled. She'd prefer not to be tied down to a schedule. And if that's not her tendency, then she's not an esfj. Because by definition an esfj has a tendency to schedule.
    The truth is like a lion. You don't have to defend it. Let it loose. It will defend itself.

  5. #45
    i love skylights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne
    Posts
    7,835

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eye of the Potato View Post
    Yeah enfp's can look like esfj's on the surface. We're not all hairy smelly hippies like a lot of people imagine us to be.

    The esfj's tendency is to plan and schedule, you are right, but the woman in the second video, said she likes nothing better than to not have anything scheduled. She'd prefer not to be tied down to a schedule. And if that's not her tendency, then she's not an esfj. Because by definition an esfj has a tendency to schedule.
    Well, then maybe she is a P. I did not watch the whole video. I was just surprised to see someone claiming that only one of a list of 5 self-ID'd people was ID'd correctly, and I wanted to see if I disagreed with any - my point being that I could see the 2nd one not being an ENFP, but the 3rd and 5th seem authentic to me. I was not trying to make an argument for the 2nd one's type.

    I do think there is an important difference between enjoyment and preference. The enneagram pretty much revolves around the idea that we get stuck in cognitive patterns that are harmful to us but we keep doing them anyway. Just because someone says they like this or that, doesn't mean they're actually regularly choosing it.

  6. #46
    Member Eye of the Potato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Socionics
    IEE
    Posts
    99

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    I think a J with a free day can be very happy to not have anything scheduled. Like my ESFJ mom - type tested and self-confirmed - today, a Sunday. It's just their tendency to schedule and plan. And as an ENFP e6 I am a rabid planner and always make schedules even for my free days. I struggle to be spontaneous and do things on the fly, just like my ISFJ e9 boyfriend dislikes planning. But underneath those differences, the ESFJ and ISFJ are structured when it comes to dealing with the outside world and I am not, hence J and P.

    The 2nd one may well be a P type, but she comes off ExFJ to me. Perhaps she has Soc instinct or e2 and that is coming off Fe to me.

    I believe in best-fit type so I find the premise of a "fake" xxxx sort of funny. Sometimes it's clear that a different label would fit better but other times it's not so clear.
    If you consider yourself a rabid planner, why did you type yourself as an enfp?

    Enfp's can't stick to plans for very long, and on the rare occasions where we actually do make a plan, it rarely gets followed in a step by step way.

    ENFP

    outgoing, social, disorganized, easily talked into doing silly things, spontaneous, wild and crazy, acts without thinking, good at getting people to have fun, pleasure seeking, irresponsible, physically affectionate, risk taker, thrill seeker, adventurous, unprepared, attention seeking, hyperactive, irrational, loves crowds, rule breaker, prone to losing things, seductive, easily distracted, open, revealing, comfortable in unfamiliar situations, attracted to strange things, non punctual, likes to stand out, likes to try new things, fun seeker, unconventional, energetic, impulsive, empathetic, dangerous, loving, attachment prone, prone to fantasy
    The truth is like a lion. You don't have to defend it. Let it loose. It will defend itself.

  7. #47
    i love skylights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne
    Posts
    7,835

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eye of the Potato View Post
    If you consider yourself a rabid planner, why did you type yourself as an enfp?

    Enfp's can't stick to plans for very long, and on the rare occasions where we actually do make a plan, it rarely gets followed in a step by step way.

    ENFP

    outgoing, social, disorganized, easily talked into doing silly things, spontaneous, wild and crazy, acts without thinking, good at getting people to have fun, pleasure seeking, irresponsible, physically affectionate, risk taker, thrill seeker, adventurous, unprepared, attention seeking, hyperactive, irrational, loves crowds, rule breaker, prone to losing things, seductive, easily distracted, open, revealing, comfortable in unfamiliar situations, attracted to strange things, non punctual, likes to stand out, likes to try new things, fun seeker, unconventional, energetic, impulsive, empathetic, dangerous, loving, attachment prone, prone to fantasy
    Because I follow the ENFP cognitive pattern. Behavioral tendencies don't equate to cognitive type.

  8. #48
    mod love baby... Lady_X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Posts
    18,086

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    I actually associate a lot with the 3rd one. She seems maybe 7w6 to my 6w7 but I empathize with the way she gets enthusiastic and launches into reflection and then slows down and then gets distracted and has to refocus. I also felt NT during late childhood, like she voices. The first one seems J, maybe even ESTJ with a good dose of Ne, and the second one seems so ExFJ it hurts. The 3rd and 5th one I feel like could be reasonably ENFP. The 4th one, ugh, annoys me too much to watch.

    These videos make me realize how much I dislike people making weird voice modulations and thinking they're cute.
    yeah the 3rd and 5th ones are the ones i thought might be.

    tho...i think they're both completely over doing it....they actually all seem to be overdoing it and i find it a bit offensive. like someone reading about enfps and then attempting to behave like one....rather than just being one.

    also...no one would confuse me for an esfj or enfj...so i don't think i agree that we're easy to confuse on the surface at all

    and that lil description you posted is mostly true but it doesn't account for maturity and it shouldn't serve as an excuse for poor behavior....like sure that's your tendency but it's not okay to actually be that way irl all the time.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

  9. #49

    Default

    I only watched a little of one. And maybe another for a few seconds. But they seemed like they were acting and I just wasn't that interested.

  10. #50
    mod love baby... Lady_X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Posts
    18,086

    Default

    first one is like estj
    2nd looks esfj
    3rd could be enfp or esfp
    4th was way too annoying to watch but doubt enfp
    5th one super young and full of herself and it annoys me but probably enfp but could be enfj
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Similar Threads

  1. [JCF] Can You Spot It? Recognizing The 8 Cognitive Processes
    By highlander in forum Typology and Psychology Book Reviews
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 12-17-2015, 08:18 PM
  2. Can you spot the liar?
    By gromit in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-17-2015, 09:27 PM
  3. Can you see the blinders?
    By coberst in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-10-2009, 01:33 PM
  4. Can You See The Patterns..?
    By wustvn in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-07-2008, 07:33 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO