User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Socionics
    IEE

I deleted that and wrote another reply. Sorry for being so abrupt.

Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    my guess was that the christian guy was the fake istp :/

which in your opinion was the enfp?
    Fucking iPad.

Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    my guess was that the christian guy was the fake istp :/

which in your opinion was the enfp?
    I'd rather not say.

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Eye of the Potato View Post
    He's talking about Socioncis. It's the evolved version of mbti.
    I identify with MBTI ISTP and Jung's description of introverted thinking. I am much more like Kant or Nietzsche than Einstein. The kind of extraverted thinking mental imagery that Einstein used to see how gravity warps spacetime is not my first nature.

The MBTI has very strong correlations with the Big 5 and both have very strong test-retest reliability. Thus, I must ask on what basis Socionics has been validated as an "evolved" version of the MBTI.

Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by funtensity View Post
    I identify with MBTI ISTP and Jung's description of introverted thinking. I am much more like Kant or Nietzsche than Einstein. The kind of extraverted thinking mental imagery that Einstein used to see how gravity warps spacetime is not my first nature.

The MBTI has very strong correlations with the Big 5 and both have very strong test-retest reliability. Thus, I must ask on what basis that Socionics has been validated as an "evolved" version of the MBTI.
    Yeah I can see where you're coming from. From a Ti perspective, you see the information elements logically and so you looked at how Ti functions operate and based your typing on that, which is actually how Socionics bases it's reasoning in typing people. The founder of it, Was entp. They don't use four letters like in mbti. Myers briggs were both feelers. They got the characters right, but they didn't really undersrand how the functions worked from a logical point of view. I'm a feeler too, so for me the emphasis is on the character of the mbti istp and how that matches up with the socionics istp. They're both badasses. The istj's in both systems don't like change. They both have weak Ne basically. I don't care about the small details, because Ti is my weakest function. That's why the istj is my oposite. And why I call an mbti istj my opposite even though mbti says he leads with Si. Mbti is wrong in that little detail so I overlook it.

Socionics is all about studying the functions and what they do and how the lack of these functions effects a person and what functions need each other for balance. Ti needs Fe for instance. An enfj or esfj's Fe is great for bringing Ti back from the brink if it goes too deep into thought. It brings relief by bringing you back into the land of people and life and enjoyment.

Mbti defines the functions differently to Jung. If you look online on any mbti site, you see so many different interpretations for what Si and Ti are. And they just don't match up to how Jung described them. Socionics stayed true to how Jung described them and made Jung's writings a little easier to understand. They took his ideas and developed them further by observing the world around them. I say it's the evolved version because they understood the functions better and how the functions work. And because they understood it so well, they were able to figure out how all these functions work together, in a person, as well as society as a whole.

MBTI
    ISTP

This may or may not be true. In order to differentiate Socionics from astrology we need to know whether it has test-retest reliability over long periods of time in people who don't realize the questions are correlated. If it doesn't, any number of cognitive biases (especially confirmation bias) could lead to all sorts of plausible sounding justifications for it that are, at the bottom, not true at all. Bottom line: as far as I can tell, those who believe in Socionics have no mechanism of differentiating between Socionics being true vs. confirmation bias.

Socionics
    IEE

Well this is what Wikipedia says about mbti

The statistical validity of the MBTI as a psychometric instrument has been the subject of criticism. It has been estimated that between a third and a half of the published material on the MBTI has been produced for conferences of the Center for the Application of Psychological Type (which provides training in the MBTI) or as papers in the Journal of Psychological Type (which is edited by Myers-Briggs advocates).[37] It has been argued that this reflects a lack of critical scrutiny.[37][38] Many of the studies that endorse MBTI are methodologically weak.[38][39] A 1996 review by Gardner and Martinko concluded "It is clear that efforts to detect simplistic linkages between type preferences and managerial effectiveness have been disappointing. Indeed, given the mixed quality of research and the inconsistent findings, no definitive conclusion regarding these relationships can be drawn."[38

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myers-B...Type_Indicator

And this is what it says about Socionics.

Currently socionics widely academic recognition and is taught in over 150 universities in Russia, Ukraine, Kazakhstan and other CIS countries, Bulgaria, Latvia, Lithuania, Estonia, Romania. Its methods are used in a variety of humanitarian and technical disciplines, as evidenced by more than 800 doctoral theses.[67] International Institute of Socionics and various universities have been performed numerous experiments to test the theory of socionics, which was attended by over 10,000 people.[68]

Socionics has been brought up at conferences on psychology, where its practical applications were discussed. For instance, in 2005, socionics was discussed at the British and East European Psychology Meeting in Kraków, Poland, which was attended by British, American and Eastern European psychologists.[43][69][70] Psychologist Rosemary Nodder from the University of Hertfordshire represented socionics for the event.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Socionics

Socionics
    IEE

Can anyone tell the difference between the two of these?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLcqqpWxqvg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMh7OB42gPk

MBTI
    ISTP

Well this is what Wikipedia says
    The MBTI has extremely high test-retest reliability. In the range of .4 - .7. This is almost unheard of in psychology. And the reason you can't find test-retest reliability statistics for astrology is that it's nonsense. And until I see test-retest reliability metrics for Socionics I'm going to assume it's nonsense as well.

Socionics
    IEE

Where did you get .4-.7?