User Tag List

12 Last

Permabanned

Default How can I put myself in crisis mode at will?

I know that ISTPs and other Se types go into "the zone" when in a crisis. For me this is about the only time I am focused enough to accomplish my goals. If I'm not in the zone it's very difficult for me to put my mind to anything for long. Being too happy and comfortable is a curse to me.

Times I have gone into the zone:
    -working a dead end depressing job
    -after a rough break up
    -losing my main income stream

I always come out of the zone after I get too comfortable again and then I'm stuck in apathy mode. Any ideas for this? Besides stabbing myself in the leg.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

I think you ehm...remember the flow and the joy you felt going there, and find out by tinkering with it how you can activate it. It would take time, like a muscle, to build up, but it should be feasible
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    INTP

Move. That's what I just did. Got too comfortable in my other apartment, it was scaring me. So I moved closer to downtown. Now I don't have any friends or anything down here so I'm gonna have to figure something out.

Learn NLP. Then use anchors and triggers. Get yourself into that state, then anchor it. Then get yourself into that state, then anchor it again. Then keep doing it until you can trigger it. If it's not working, then find some NLP practitioner that can help you.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Being evaluated for adhd is a good start, to rule that out as a cause (or treat it).
    -end of thread-

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by CapLawyer View Post
    Learn NLP. Then use anchors and triggers. Get yourself into that state, then anchor it. Then get yourself into that state, then anchor it again. Then keep doing it until you can trigger it. If it's not working, then find some NLP practitioner that can help you.
    I thought about this but I can't use memories to simply go into the state. It's not like triggering a simple emotional reaction to something. I have to think I'm actually going into a crisis and my subconscious is not stupid. I can't trigger something I can't feel in the first place.

MBTI
    ISTP

Awesome post .... but HOW does "working a dead end depressing job" get you into crisis mode.... the break up and being broke are definite catalyst....The truth is you have to do the "hardest things" and that's the things you don't want to do.... I'm going to repeat it again because it's the truth..... DO THE THINGS YOU REALLY DON'T WANT TO DO BUT KNOW YOU NEED TO.... I'm preaching because I know but I'm still in the same spot you are

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Give a trusted friend a check for $500 - or some amount of money high enough to cause you pain. Tell them if you don't do X by a certain date, they can cash the check and the money is their's. If you finish it, you get the check back.

Socionics
    IEE

Maybe become a fireman or a medic or something like that. Some job where you have to deal with a crisis?
    The truth is like a lion. You don't have to defend it. Let it loose. It will defend itself.

Quote Originally Posted by badger055 View Post
    I know that ISTPs and other Se types go into "the zone" when in a crisis. For me this is about the only time I am focused enough to accomplish my goals. If I'm not in the zone it's very difficult for me to put my mind to anything for long. Being too happy and comfortable is a curse to me.

Times I have gone into the zone:
    -working a dead end depressing job
    -after a rough break up
    -losing my main income stream

I always come out of the zone after I get too comfortable again and then I'm stuck in apathy mode. Any ideas for this? Besides stabbing myself in the leg.
    I joined the military for that.
    Dirt Farmer