• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ESFP] ESFP and romantic interest

hazyforest

MBTI Type
XNFJ
forgive me as i am new here and still figuring out how to find threads pertaining to ESFPs.

i have an ESFP male in my life and having a heck of a time trying to read him. He is your typical flirty, social, outgoing male. We've had arguments about how flirty he can be with girls and it gets him in trouble, tho he doesn't seem to ever learn his lesson when he girls go psycho on him. Anyhoo, my question to you all lovely people is this:

how can one tell if an ESFP male is sincerely, genuinly into a girl and not just looking for an ego boost. I know you guys are capable of deep feelings.

Mine has been so back and forth with mixed signals i dont know how to proceed. Someone once told me it was all in his body language. He seems interested if that was what I had to go by, but on the same token, I know that you guys are mega flirts and one can easily misconstrue your meaning. PLEASE HELP a lovelorn girl out.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
but what if he is shy cos of insecurity and fear of rejecton?

I have several male friends that are ESFP. One of the things I love best about them is that they're refreshingly uncomplicated. They like something; they say so. They don't; they say so, too. When an ESFP is attracted to you they're all over you. They want to touch you and be touched. If this guy is running hot and cold and jerking you around, then I'd basically take it at face value. They're Se-doms, making their actions a more pure expression of self than virtually any other type. If I were you, I'd trust my gut here: if the guys doing all this wishy-washy bullshit, then that's probably a pretty good indication of where he stands with respect to you. I'm sure he's a great guy, but don't put up with that shit. It won't get better if you stick it out.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
but what if he is shy cos of insecurity and fear of rejecton?

Even with shyness, if you directly ask him, he'll tell you.

You know, unless he's just a big jerkface but that's not really type-related. ;)