• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ESTP] Ask an ESTP

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Its said that conflictor personalities view the other person's id while the person themself usually only views their ego. Almost like my self identity is a shield that I hold for everyone to see, and other personalities are standing behind me seeing the part of myself that I do not. I find ENFP's seem to think I'm cute and adorable and harmless, up until I prove them otherwise. From my end it looks like a form of idealization.

So in my eyes I'm this Winged angel who comes down and saves the downtrodden, and someone who is compatible with me would view me in a similar way, but in the eyes of an FiNe I am this wretched zombie with skin hanging off of my bones bent on tearing people apart.

I see surface qualities and try to figure out the internal qualities. I see a girl who sporadically starts shouting at me out of nowhere, she sees herself as this horrible monster. I just see someone who is kind and gentle but has some wierd issue I can't seem to understand, and thus, ignore her when she does this. lol. Almost like a form of denial from my end. I'm not sure if this is a good thing or bad thing. It seems like its a bad thing.

okay...this is kind of interesting...at least i think..if you want this enfps perception of you before i ever interacted with you online.

because my boyfriend showed me several of your videos on youtube one time...so you were just some random youtube person.

i thought you were funny...like dry funny and weird but also kind of sensitive and sweet but really just being jokey and making fun of stereotypes etc at first...then...after like 2 or 3 i was like...you know what? actually i think this guy believes what he's saying and is not trying to be funny....which sort of makes it funnier.

and then...online...here before i knew you were other dude...i was like holy shit this guy is abrasive and full of his self and all kinds of blind to reality etc...

now that i get you're both...i think you're probably charming...sort of irl can be sweet and funny and show a great deal of care and concern for other people...or...you can be an ass...like if someone doesn't fit your ideal they get the asshole treatment. and...i still think you have some good insights...and some that are completely misguided...and i still think you're kind of funny without meaning to be. so...that...underneath a somewhat charming when he wants to be persona....but with untapped good stuff too i think.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
sorry i just realized how that probably sounds. never mind.

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=10984]DJ Arendee[/MENTION] ..Tangent.....I just watched ur last video on disintegration...I'm a little sad now, mostly because my job is similar to what u've described the military to be. I refuse to back stab ppl to get ahead...and I have a feeling I'm gonna need to quit soon if things don't change. It also made me sad cause I have been lead to believe by my boss that I'm never good enough...which has now been ingrained in me for the past 3 years. :( end tangent/

The real question I have is how do YOU with a wing of 7, make it a habit of not taking other peoples' advice....or even as an extravert...how do u not talk to ppl about or life and still feel energized? Or do u just have specific ppl u go to?

I find that sometimes I don't even talk that much about my life and ppl still feel the need to give me unwanted advice....or tell me u should do this..or that..AND THEN EXPECT ME TO DO IT!...crazy!

Do u just block them out?

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
[MENTION=10984]DJ Arendee[/MENTION] ..Tangent.....I just watched ur last video on disintegration...I'm a little sad now, mostly because my job is similar to what u've described the military to be. I refuse to back stab ppl to get ahead...and I have a feeling I'm gonna need to quit soon if things don't change. It also made me sad cause I have been lead to believe by my boss that I'm never good enough...which has now been ingrained in me for the past 3 years. :( end tangent/

The real question I have is how do YOU with a wing of 7, make it a habit of not taking other peoples' advice....or even as an extravert...how do u not talk to ppl about or life and still feel energized? Or do u just have specific ppl u go to?

I find that sometimes I don't even talk that much about my life and ppl still feel the need to give me unwanted advice....or tell me u should do this..or that..AND THEN EXPECT ME TO DO IT!...crazy!

Do u just block them out?

Never allow yourself to be in a begging position. If you are there because you are desperate for money and a job, its going to show, and bosses are going to treat you however the hell they want to.

I'm at the point where I have gyms calling me up asking me to teach gymnastics at their gyms. The ball is in my court. Aint no boss gonna beg me to work for them and then treat me like shit. Doesn't make sense for them to do that.

My 7 wing doesn't have much to do with it, other than possibly being unable to hold a job that doesn't interest me. I often times have charisma around the office to the point that I become a threat to my supervisor's position. So they usually do whatever they can to prevent me from advancing.

Otherwise, my advice to you is: learn to put up a wall to those you don't know, or who don't matter. You already have your close friends (I assume) so you don't need any more than that. If they prove to be an awesome and trustworthy person, great. if not, cut them out. But for the most part, work is not a place for you to make friends, it should be a place for you to work, and that's it. You need the money more than you need the friends. However, networking is always a good idea.

Put a stick up your ass.

NKC

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
So if ever I wanted to date an ESTP I was thinking, how might I do this without strangling him to death in his sleep?

So I decided to purchase a kennel and if he's bad, he gets put in the dog house. Of course I couldn't leave anything in there because I'd imagine they'd pee or eat the blankets meant to keep them comfortable. So from the idea that bad attn is better than no attn, the kennel time out idea makes sense to break any hypothetical bad behavior. Besides, I'm not much for heavy discipline. I prefer playing rough for playing tug of war and stuff like that.

Now how about the positive reinforcements for training? Any thoughts? I'm thinking dog biscuits because I imagine ESTP men to have a good relationship with their stomachs. Am I wrong in this assumption? I suppose I could reward him with adventures like the dog park etc. other than that, any other thoughts or suggestions?

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
So if ever I wanted to date an ESTP I was thinking, how might I do this without strangling him to death in his sleep?

So I decided to purchase a kennel and if he's bad, he gets put in the dog house. Of course I couldn't leave anything in there because I'd imagine they'd pee or eat the blankets meant to keep them comfortable. So from the idea that bad attn is better than no attn, the kennel time out idea makes sense to break any hypothetical bad behavior. Besides, I'm not much for heavy discipline. I prefer playing rough for playing tug of war and stuff like that.

Now how about the positive reinforcements for training? Any thoughts? I'm thinking dog biscuits because I imagine ESTP men to have a good relationship with their stomachs. Am I wrong in this assumption? I suppose I could reward him with adventures like the dog park etc. other than that, any other thoughts or suggestions?
Food, sex, good time out in the world with friends. First things that come to mind for positive reinforcement.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7

this is blasphemy. i don't care about my stomach. if I need a balanced breakfast I'll eat frozen peas, if I need protein I'll bust open the sandwich meat container and eat that by itself, and if I need grain I'll just down some metamucil from my parents. I aint got time to sit here and make a garnish or some other shit that doesn't matter.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Can you live a life without action?

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Can you live a life without action?

I can, but i feel aimless and lost without it. And taking action strictly for myself just feels like I'm an engine running out of steam. I need someone to want me to take action, for them. It makes life more purposeful. A self serving life drains me.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Dis ESTPs invent skydiving and other "extreme" sports?

Did you guys come up with the Do the Dew ad campaign?