• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ESFP] Ask an ESFP!

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Because you can be as clever and intelligent as you want, but without social status and a good appearance... Well, I'm not saying you can't get anywhere without these, but they sure give you a shortcut to success. Society, fuck yeah.

What about Einstien, Stephen Hawking, and Emerson?

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Success is getting what you want or getting closer to what you want.

Interesting.

I actually like that answer.

Success as the accomplishment/manifestation of one's will.

You know an interesting consequence of this definition, though?

Because it lacks any sense of objective moral grounding:

- a serial killer who kills dozens of people and doesn't get caught would be a "successful" individual
- a rapist who gets that which he was going after: likewise, a very successful guy
- a genocidal leader who wipes a race off the planet? A complete success.

Same for some bullies who repeatedly torment a socially awkward kid.

Or for that tormented kid should he ever manifest his revenge plot against them...

It would seem that your definition might lead to some pretty fucked up "success" stories.

Comeback Girl

Ratchet Ass Moon Fairy
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
What about Einstien, Stephen Hawking, and Emerson?

I think you didn't see the part where I said 'Well, I'm not saying you can't get anywhere without these'. You can get somewhere without social status and a good appearance, but it's certainly more difficult. Especially if you're not really extraordinary special in some sort of way that could get you successful.

Interesting.

I actually like that answer.

Success as the accomplishment/manifestation of one's will.

You know an interesting consequence of this definition, though?

Because it lacks any sense of objective moral grounding:

- a serial killer who kills dozens of people and doesn't get caught would be a "successful" individual
- a rapist who gets that which he was going after: likewise, a very successful guy
- a genocidal leader who wipes a race off the planet? A complete success.

Same for some bullies who repeatedly torment a socially awkward kid.

Or for that tormented kid should he ever manifest his revenge plot against them...

It would seem that your definition might lead to some pretty fucked up "success" stories.

I'm pretty sure many notorious serial killers would think of themselves as very successful individuals... It's just the way you look at it. You could call someone who managed to become a CEO and make billions, after many years of hardship and an unfortunate background, a successful person. Many people would call that person a successful person, because he fits the idea we have of a successful person. But what if that person hates being a CEO, feels miserable everyday, dreams of quitting his job and start let's say a restaurant instead, but doesn't dare to take that step, because he's afraid other will judge him? I don't think that person wouldn't think of himself as a successful person, heck, I don't even think that's a successful person! Success is very subjective. I don't think one can properly say how successful another person actually is.

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I blow unicorns. Happy now?

No, since I would like to understand what ESFPs do when they get bored. Are you seeking new people, old friends, reading material. Something along those lines.

Btw, I'm not making fun of you.

Debaser

MBTI Type
xNTJ
Technically speaking, her definition of "success" is correct. Hitler was successful for a while. "Success" does not mean "good for everybody." It means good relative to the person seeking success. If they fulfill their objective, uh, successfully, they are by definition successful. Regardless of what their goal may be.

chubber

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I want my questions answered too :(

OptoGypsy

MBTI Type
isfp
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I want my questions answered too :(
They party and blow unicorns since she is most likely not going to answer it i'll steal her thunder. I blow Dragons and write Screenplays

chubber

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=19503]Comeback Girl[/MENTION]

As your are a Se-Dom, what do ESFPs do when they get bored. Are they seeking new people, old friends, reading material. What would you do in most cases?

Comeback Girl

Ratchet Ass Moon Fairy
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

As your are a Se-Dom, what do ESFPs do when they get bored. Are they seeking new people, old friends, reading material. What would you do in most cases?

ANYTHING. Except boring people shit like cooking and shit. When I do boring people shit I make sure no one knows.

chubber

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ANYTHING. Except boring people shit like cooking and shit. When I do boring people shit I make sure no one knows.

What is your definition of boring people shit?

Comeback Girl

Ratchet Ass Moon Fairy
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
What is your definition of boring people shit?

Stuff boring people do in their spare time. Don't make me define 'boring people'. They know goddamn well how boring they are and God are they fucking proud of it!

chubber

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Stuff boring people do in their spare time. Don't make me define 'boring people'. They know goddamn well how boring they are and God are they fucking proud of it!

I don't know why you are avoiding the question, you have to explain to me, what boring means to you, so that I can understand. Is this something you experienced when you were young and has it changed over the years?

Comeback Girl

Ratchet Ass Moon Fairy
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't know why you are avoiding the question, you have to explain to me, what boring means to you, so that I can understand. Is this something you experienced when you were young and has it changed over the years?

Average. Corny. Mediocre. Bland. Unexciting. Homely. Get a thesaurus. Honestly, if there's one subject that can make me fucking aggressive, it's boring people. They're evil, they're the biggest liars and gossips on the fucking planet.

chubber

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

1. to know
  2. to be loved

Which one would you relate to?