• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ESFP] Ask an ESFP!

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hey, yo, ESFP! Do you know an INTJs? How do you get along with them?

Comeback Girl

Ratchet Ass Moon Fairy
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
So this typical blonde bombshell ESFP is interested in me. I attract ESFPs for some reason. Are ESFPs attracted to people who are individualistic? Are ESFPs really aware of how people brand themselves? Do ESFPs take themselves seriously? Any tips or things I should know?

All ESFPs are different, but I personally always find myself attracted to warm people (however I recently had an encounter with, well, someone from my past, and I was surprised about what kind of a cold frog he is today). In my case, being individualistic doesn't make you any more or less attractive than anyone else.

I think that I'm pretty aware of how people brand themselves. At least, I think I'm good at sensing what's real and fake about someone and what's lying underneath their fakeness.

ESFPs who take themselves seriously are very bad ESFPs and should stop calling themselves ESFPs.

My advice when it comes to handling this girl: be clear and don't waste your time. If you're not interested, make sure she knows you're not interested AS QUICKLY AS POSSIBLE. If she just started getting interested in you, rejection won't hurt that much. But if you wait any longer, well, let's say she could get a little too interested to handle rejection. If you ARE interested, show her. We're pretty physical by the way, so a little cuddling and touching won't hurt (just don't harass her, we don't like being harassed). Also try to find out how interested she actually is. If she's really interested, you can take your time, but if she's just a little interested, she might be moving on to someone else in a minute. So take that in consideration too.

Comeback Girl

Ratchet Ass Moon Fairy
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hey, yo, ESFP! Do you know an INTJs? How do you get along with them?

I think I do know a few. They're okay, as long as I don't have to work together with them and they don't terrorize me with their philosophical, let's say not so down-to-earth world visions and things.

MetalMoon

How long do you like to be alone for vs time with people? I'm asking because I could be xSFP, but I don't think I'm very extroverted.

When you consider something, how do you do so? Can you describe your thought process - say, when considering a book you like - as best as possible, please?

Comeback Girl

Ratchet Ass Moon Fairy
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
How long do you like to be alone for vs time with people? I'm asking because I could be xSFP, but I don't think I'm very extroverted.

When you consider something, how do you do so? Can you describe your thought process - say, when considering a book you like - as best as possible, please?

I always have my phone with me, so actually I'm never really alone - I can have human interactions whenever I want to, not exactly physically though, but it still counts. If I could have no interaction with people I know at all, I think I'd be able to stay sane for a day (if I'm busy), but after that I'd start feeling lonely. I'd be okay with having lots of people around me forever (as long as they're good company and I wouldn't have to deal with the same person 24/7, because I haven't met a person who I got tired of after a while), but being all alone... Nahh...

I really don't understand the second question. Language differences. Aaargh.

MetalMoon

I always have my phone with me, so actually I'm never really alone - I can have human interactions whenever I want to, not exactly physically though, but it still counts. If I could have no interaction with people I know at all, I think I'd be able to stay sane for a day (if I'm busy), but after that I'd start feeling lonely. I'd be okay with having lots of people around me forever (as long as they're good company and I wouldn't have to deal with the same person 24/7, because I haven't met a person who I got tired of after a while), but being all alone... Nahh...

I see :3

I really don't understand the second question. Language differences. Aaargh.

Sorry about that. I probably phrased it shitt-ily.

I meant can you explain your train of thought when you come across something you're interested in? Like, how would you think about it: analyse it, see how it makes you feel, relate it to something? Basically, try to explain in words how you think :p sorry, it's kind of an impossible task and anything you say would merely be the tip of the ice-berg; nevertheless, an insight is an insight :D

Comeback Girl

Ratchet Ass Moon Fairy
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I see :3

Sorry about that. I probably phrased it shitt-ily.

I meant can you explain your train of thought when you come across something you're interested in? Like, how would you think about it: analyse it, see how it makes you feel, relate it to something? Basically, try to explain in words how you think :p sorry, it's kind of an impossible task and anything you say would merely be the tip of the ice-berg; nevertheless, an insight is an insight :D

When it comes to books: read the cover, if still interested, check the price tag, if still interested, buy it. Then I read it. When I'm in the mood.
When it comes to movies: read the summaries, if still interested, check how much a ticket/DVD is, if still interested, watch it.

It's just purely instinctive.

badger055

Permabanned
All ESFPs are different, but I personally always find myself attracted to warm people (however I recently had an encounter with, well, someone from my past, and I was surprised about what kind of a cold frog he is today). In my case, being individualistic doesn't make you any more or less attractive than anyone else.

I think that I'm pretty aware of how people brand themselves. At least, I think I'm good at sensing what's real and fake about someone and what's lying underneath their fakeness.

ESFPs who take themselves seriously are very bad ESFPs and should stop calling themselves ESFPs.

My advice when it comes to handling this girl: be clear and don't waste your time. If you're not interested, make sure she knows you're not interested AS QUICKLY AS POSSIBLE. If she just started getting interested in you, rejection won't hurt that much. But if you wait any longer, well, let's say she could get a little too interested to handle rejection. If you ARE interested, show her. We're pretty physical by the way, so a little cuddling and touching won't hurt (just don't harass her, we don't like being harassed). Also try to find out how interested she actually is. If she's really interested, you can take your time, but if she's just a little interested, she might be moving on to someone else in a minute. So take that in consideration too.

Thanks! Yea I don't know how interested she is but I get the impression she is flaky. So I will probably pass on her.

mooseantlers

Knobgoblin
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
How long do you like to be alone for vs time with people?

Sometimes I feel like I'm going overboard, I think time alone is important even for extraverts, and I feel that I overlook that a whole lot; I think it's like overstimulation or something, I don't know.

OptoGypsy

MBTI Type
isfp
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=19503]Comeback Girl[/MENTION], How Clingy are ESFP from a scale of 1 to Psychotic Ex that's going to cut off your dick?

Comeback Girl

Ratchet Ass Moon Fairy
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=19503]Comeback Girl[/MENTION], How Clingy are ESFP from a scale of 1 to Psychotic Ex that's going to cut off your dick?

I try not to be, but it's hard. If I didn't have any self control, I'd be getting close to that Psychotic ex level, but at this point it would be a 3 on a scale from one to ten.

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What do ESFPs do when they get up and go, where do they go?

ColonelGadaafi

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
Si
Why are most esfps social status and appearance obsessed irrational ditzs. I have a friend who is socially awkward intj who got bullied and humiliated to bits by a gang of esfp/Estp socialites who gossiped and bullied people based on their social standing and appearance.

Comeback Girl

Ratchet Ass Moon Fairy
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Why are most esfps social status and appearance obsessed irrational ditzs. I have a friend who is socially awkward intj who got bullied and humiliated to bits by a gang of esfp/Estp socialites who gossiped and bullied people based on their social standing and appearance.

Because you can be as clever and intelligent as you want, but without social status and a good appearance... Well, I'm not saying you can't get anywhere without these, but they sure give you a shortcut to success. Society, fuck yeah.

ColonelGadaafi

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
Si
Because you can be as clever and intelligent as you want, but without social status and a good appearance... Well, I'm not saying you can't get anywhere without these, but they sure give you a shortcut to success. Society, fuck yeah.

It was just cowardly and malicious. But when an estj steps in they all knew their place. Esfp bullies are too pussy when someone more intimidating than they step in.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team

What is success?

Or, rephrased, what does success mean to you?

Comeback Girl

Ratchet Ass Moon Fairy
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It was just cowardly and malicious. But when an estj steps in they all knew their place. Esfp bullies are too pussy when someone more intimidating than they step in.

Yes, in social situations we are pussies. I'll fully admit that. I don't understand why others find me courageous.

What is success?

Or, rephrased, what does success mean to you?

Success is getting what you want or getting closer to what you want.