• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ESFP] Ask an ESFP!

sculpting

Can you decsribe what it is like in your mind to recall a very emotional expereince? Do you relive the moment emotionally in your head-the smells, tastes, etc of the memory?
Most of the time I feel what I felt in my body at that point and I see the things I saw in front of my eyes. But if it's a very negative memory, I usually try not to remember it. Gotta stay cheerful.

Can you imagine an experience in the future, either one you know you will have or one that is purely imaginary and actually experience the kinesthetic aspects? For instance imagine yourself in a field of grain-can you feel the sun on your skin, smell the grain, hear the wind as it makes the heads of grain rustle together or even taste the little bits of dust as they settle on your tongue?

Do you find Ne to be odd? If Ne takes dissaciated leaps, does Se hyperfocus on the object in front of you and keep seeing more and more of the details?
I know that Ne is almost a synonym of 'odd', but I think it can be useful. The world needs odd people to come up with strange ideas.

Being odd or weird is a pretty familiar description. Combined with wanting to fit in and be liked, and make others happy makes being odd a bad thing. Being extremely empathic and able to pick up on others thinking you are odd, even when they don’t say so, makes school really, really hard.

Ne isnt really odd, more it just follows associative lines to interesting, mostly useless places.

Someone asks me to hand them a salt shaker

• I pick up the salt shaker on the table and think....
  • Salt is a crystal.
  • Crystals are diamonds
  • Diamonds are hard
  • Cutting metals is difficult without diamond unless you have lasers
  • Lasers are single focused beams of light
  • Lasers are used for certain tumors, but oddly they pass through tissues-like teleportation
  • Then I say “Don’t you think teleportation is fascinating?”

To the onlooker however this appears as:
“Can you pass the salt?” and I say after a brief pause “Don’t you think teleportation is fascinating?”

Which makes me look totally fucking bonkers :)

In about first grade I stopped voicing these ideas unless I knew the person really well. But when you see enfps with goofy smiles on our faces, often it is because we have ended up somewhere really funny or odd, but we know we cant share it cause we’ll sound crazy, so we just giggle on the inside a bit. Its why we have crazy eyes.

Does Se do something like the series of steps above when you notice something? It would seem that Ne is about movement, and Si static, and I suspect Ni is movement, but Se static? I dunno... do you notice that if you look an object multiple times you will see it in different ways.

when you walk in a room describe what types of things you see right away? what things do you notice first?
People, furniture, that sort of things. Big things. And then I notice things that are exceptionally pretty or ugly. I also tend to notice picture frames right away. Plants not so much, plants are boring.

hmm, I really like plants-I think the repetitive complexity gives Ne something to chew on so I can actually relax :)

Do you find you are attracted certain types of aesthetic elements-like bright colors or complex patterns? For the things that are ugly, can you find ways to sort of see past the initial ugly to see the inner beauty or potential beauty of the object?

What are the most beautiful things you have seen?

Thank you Comeback girl!!

Comeback Girl

Ratchet Ass Moon Fairy
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=6166]Orobas[/MENTION]
Can you imagine an experience in the future, either one you know you will have or one that is purely imaginary and actually experience the kinesthetic aspects? For instance imagine yourself in a field of grain-can you feel the sun on your skin, smell the grain, hear the wind as it makes the heads of grain rustle together or even taste the little bits of dust as they settle on your tongue?

No, I don't imagine what it feels like. That doesn't even really make any sense to me. Except when it's something painful, then I feel it when I imagine it happening.

Does Se do something like the series of steps above when you notice something? It would seem that Ne is about movement, and Si static, and I suspect Ni is movement, but Se static? I dunno... do you notice that if you look an object multiple times you will see it in different ways.
I'm not sure if Se does, but I definitely don't. I don't think I think in steps like that, but I don't really pay attention to the way I think anyway.

Do you find you are attracted certain types of aesthetic elements-like bright colors or complex patterns? For the things that are ugly, can you find ways to sort of see past the initial ugly to see the inner beauty or potential beauty of the object?
There are certainly aesthetic elements I feel attracted to and bright colors is definitely one of those things. I also like ugly things if they're incredibly ugly, because I think ugliness can be very beautiful. I think it's more some kind of liveliness in things that I find aesthetically appealing and some sort of energy. The thing that I find aesthetically most unappealing must be boringness, because if I had to say what the things I find ugly have in common, it would be that they all look really boring. That's why I don't like the color grey.

What are the most beautiful things you have seen?
I don't know, I mean, do you know the most beautiful thing you've ever seen?

TickTock

Mud and rain and chaos...
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Well done, I haven't been on this in years, apart from sparsely checking it out, maybe twice(?) then I come back this time to check it out and feel compelled to ask you a question. Very much agree that MBTI is an oversimplification, and that everyone is more than the limited description of the types. Anyway, questions:

*What is the most useful thing you have learn't^ in your studies of psychology, and by useful I mean practical?

*What is the second useful thing?

*You make friends easily, if your ESFP skills were diminished, turned down, somewhat inhibited, conscious, a little social anxious maybe, lower in energy what would be the ways you would try to bring value to people and thus ensuring that you are making new friends and keeping them, and then hanging out with them regularly? (longwinded question but you get the point...) Another way of asking this is how do people(TickTock and other people on this forum) that are like that give value you to you(other people)?

*What qualities does a close friend of yours have/tend to have?

*What are the keys to a successful life? To operating at your optimum?

*What is the meaning of life? JUst for you, so far in your life. Obviously I don't think you are an old wise buddha on a mountain.

*How do you counteract boredom?

*What are the things that have helped you to know yourself?

*What is your 'How to...' on being awesome? (i had another question here but it was a bit of a downer so i asked this instead to end on a positive note)

^Learn't? Learned? Learn'd? my brain is currently zombied from lots of work...

sculpting

Hey comeback girl! I am on my phone thus not good at quoting!

I hope my questions haven't been too bothersome- they are areas where I suspect you will see diffs in enfps vs esfps so it is awesome to see how differently you percieve things. In other ways you really surprised me, as you perspective was t what I expected :)

I hope you didnt see some of my questions as being superior in anyway- later I realized they might be taken oddly- ne gives a great imagination but it blinds us to so much of the world around us. For myself, I am exploring all the stuff I have failed to see over the years, so your thoughts have benn incredibly helpful :)

As for the most beautiful thing I have see ? Crap I had to think on that... It's all the things i have never seen but can imagine- which is really sad actually ! I am dating a man with strong se however- and he drags me into reality in the most wonderful way .

Comeback Girl

Ratchet Ass Moon Fairy
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=2165]TickTock[/MENTION]
What is the most useful thing you have learned in your studies of psychology, and by useful I mean practical?
Well, there is useful and there is useful... If it's about useful as in professionally useful, I'd say it would be asking endless vague questions to clients, because apparently that would make them give the most useful answers. But when I'm talking about useful in a more everyday way, it would be about how other people can be influenced to do or think certain things. I know it's unethical, but we learned it.

What is the second useful thing?
Statistics, because even if psychology turns out to be nothing, I can use it in other fields of work. And next would be discipline, because it takes a lot of it if you don't want to fail for statistics.

You make friends easily, if your ESFP skills were diminished, turned down, somewhat inhibited, conscious, a little social anxious maybe, lower in energy what would be the ways you would try to bring value to people and thus ensuring that you are making new friends and keeping them, and then hanging out with them regularly? (longwinded question but you get the point...) Another way of asking this is how do people(TickTock and other people on this forum) that are like that give value you to you(other people)?
I usually make contact easily with new people, but when I'm feeling down, I usually just want to get comfy with the people I already know. If that happens and the people I know don't open up for it, I go crazy! But the thing is, when I'm grumpy, people usually only walk away, while I actually just really need to be comforted and then I start thinking they hate me, so once I start feeling down I almost automatically go crazy too. When it comes to keeping friends, I don't really feel like I have any problems with that. It just goes naturally to me.

What qualities does a close friend of yours have/tend to have?
They're usually a little bit eccentric. Somehow I just don't click that much with people who are really average.

What are the keys to a successful life? To operating at your optimum?
1: A good network. 2: Skills. 3: Money. 4: A good past. 5: Attitude. I'm lacking numbers 3 and 4 to operate at my optimum.

What is the meaning of life? JUst for you, so far in your life. Obviously I don't think you are an old wise buddha on a mountain.
YOLO. I know it sounds stupid and prepubescent, but it's the truth: you only live once. And it's best if you keep reminding yourself of YOLO and live with YOLO in mind. Before you know it, you'll get old and you'll feel sorry for all these things you haven't done and I don't want to grow old like that. But I think YOLO is also about taking care of that one life you have, so I won't do any hard drugs I see some of my friends destroy their bodies with. Make love, not war, and use a condom.

How do you counteract boredom?
I remind other people of the fact that I'm bored, or if I have enough money, I disappear for a few days, to protect other people from my boredom.

What are the things that have helped you to know yourself?
Life in general, because it's usually new situations that tell me something new about myself. I also had a class where we had to take a lot of personality tests, so that helped clear a lot up.

What is your 'How to...' on being awesome?
Choose to be awesome, don't be everyone else, keep it real and YOLO.

H

Hate

*unsubscribes from thread after hearing the expression "YOLO" being used*

tumblr_lm6c6ev0Q41qg94o2_zps62b201c3.gif

TickTock

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
you_only_live_once_ver2.jpg

Attachments

• you_only_live_once_ver2.jpg
    you_only_live_once_ver2.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 9

TickTock

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Anyway that's all very well, except I plan on:

you-only-live-twice.jpg

Attachments

• you-only-live-twice.jpg
    you-only-live-twice.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 0

Comeback Girl

Ratchet Ass Moon Fairy
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
*unsubscribes from thread after hearing the expression "YOLO" being used*

tumblr_lm6c6ev0Q41qg94o2_zps62b201c3.gif

LOL :rofl1: Oh well, you can look at the stigma that the word and its users have, or you can look at its meaning and think about it for yourself. In the end I just see it as an alternative to 'carpe diem', which has been ruined for me because way too many people have tattooed it somewhere on their body to show how much they enjoy life (they're usually the type of people who post pictures of their cocktails on Facebook, while they actually complain a lot about their life irl).

Typh0n

clever fool
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
LOL :rofl1: Oh well, you can look at the stigma that the word and its users have, or you can look at its meaning and think about it for yourself. In the end I just see it as an alternative to 'carpe diem', which has been ruined for me because way too many people have tattooed it somewhere on their body to show how much they enjoy life
(they're usually the type of people who post pictures of their cocktails on Facebook, while they actually complain a lot about their life irl).

So are you trying to say that instead of having 'carpe diem' tattoed on your body, you have 'YOLO' tattoed beneath your underwear? That your tattoo artist messed up?:D

Comeback Girl

Ratchet Ass Moon Fairy
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
So are you trying to say that instead of having 'carpe diem' tattoed on your body, you have 'YOLO' tattoed beneath your underwear? That your tattoo artist messed up?:D

No, it's a heart. It was done in an act of YOLO and therefore I do not regret it. If I really regret having a messed up tattoo one day, which I don't think I will because I can't think of anything I actually regret, I can always have it covered up. EASY!

Typh0n

clever fool
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
No, it's a heart. It was done in an act of YOLO and therefore I do not regret it. If I really regret having a messed up tattoo one day, which I don't think I will because I can't think of anything I actually regret, I can always have it covered up. EASY!

Ok.

What I dont understand though is how someone can mess up a tattoo of a heart. Seems like the easiest thing to draw, lol. Not to say that a tattoo of a heart is a bad idea or anything, just because its easy to draw, but I dont want to know how that person draws dragons!

Comeback Girl

Ratchet Ass Moon Fairy
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ok.

What I dont understand though is how someone can mess up a tattoo of a heart. Seems like the easiest thing to draw, lol. Not to say that a tattoo of a heart is a bad idea or anything, just because its easy to draw, but I dont want to know how that person draws dragons!

I designed the tattoo myself and it's so simple and easy, it seemed impossible to me for any professional tattoo artist to mess it up. I checked pictures of that tattoo artist's previous work, which seemed pretty okay to me, but once he was halfway, the tattoo gun started malfunctioning. But it still looks pretty cute.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
What's your favorite time/event in world history?

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=15773]greenfairy[/MENTION]
When you think about the things you are going to do, how do you think about it? Do you imagine yourself doing it, anticipate how you will feel, try to predict the future, plan, etc.?
It depends on what type of thing we're talking about. If it's about making an important choice or solving a problem, I try to find out what's the best thing to do. When I found something good in this situation, I think of ways to improve it. I do try to predict the future outcomes of these things, because somehow I'm good at predicting what the outcomes of certain events will be (sometimes it's scary how good I can predict things, but I think it has more to do with common sense than paranormal shit). When it's about just fun stuff, I imagine myself doing it and enjoying it.

Do you think there are any ESFP philosophers?
No, no, NO! If there are any ESFP philosophers, they must be goddamn insane! No, I severely disapprove of the idea of ESFP philosophers. ESFPs were made to do more useful things, not to sit on the couch all day with a freaking opium pipe between their lips and thinking about if they actually exist or if everything is just imagination. When I was in high school, I attended some philosophy classes, but they were okay, because our teacher was highly skeptic of philosophic theories and preferred to fill every class with stories about feminism (she was actually a history teacher and a hippie, coolest teacher ever). Now I have to follow some philosophy classes too, but they bore the shit out of me. I really wonder if philosophers really have nothing better to do with their lives than making everything more complicated than it already is. Like I sometimes say to my friends, "a chair is just a fucking chair, a table is just a fucking table, a window is just a fucking window AND NOTHING ELSE".

Why is there something rather than nothing!?
friedrich-nietzsche-power-quotes-the-world-itself-is-the-will-to.jpg

Comeback Girl

Ratchet Ass Moon Fairy
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Why is there something rather than nothing!?
friedrich-nietzsche-power-quotes-the-world-itself-is-the-will-to.jpg

Why do people even bother thinking about that? Seriously, our world would be better of if philosophers got themselves a hobby or something. Embroidering, they should try out embroidering. Or sandwich cooking. Or maybe we should give them some legos. Or I don't know, something useful. I refuse to think about that question.

Mitsuko Souma

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp
Hi ESFPs. Are you guys good at the "guilt card?" I know one who is and it is like... eh... annoying.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Why do people even bother thinking about that? Seriously, our world would be better of if philosophers got themselves a hobby or something. Embroidering, they should try out embroidering. Or sandwich cooking. Or maybe we should give them some legos. Or I don't know, something useful. I refuse to think about that question.

Your responce and orientation towards action was actually better than I expected (take that how you wish). Even if you're not exploring these things, there's still that charge to challenge within yourself. And I must say, the spirit of the rebel far trumps the chains of the slave.

I better rephrase that in more plain terms: at least you have your own free way of doing things.

Comeback Girl

Ratchet Ass Moon Fairy
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hi ESFPs. Are you guys good at the "guilt card?" I know one who is and it is like... eh... annoying.

If necessary, but I prefer making people's life a living hell if they don't do what I want - and I try to keep up that reputation.