• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ESFP] Ask an ESFP!

ygolo

My termites win
How are you?

What are you grateful for?

What makes you feel powerful?

What do you think about having ornery but respectful friends who aim to be kind?

What makes you laugh?

What gives you comfort?

How are you, now?

Comeback Girl

Ratchet Ass Moon Fairy
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=825]ygolo[/MENTION]
How are you?
Could've been worse in these circumstances, so I think I'm doing pretty good.

What are you grateful for?
At this point I don't really know what kind of things outside myself I can be grateful for, but I think I can be grateful for having become who I am right now. If I sometimes see what other people are like, I'm just glad that I'm not them. I know it sounds harsh, but it's the truth.

What makes you feel powerful?
When I work on projects with other people, I often notice that I'm like the engine of the group, making sure that people do their work and that things happen properly. That makes me feel powerful.

What do you think about having ornery but respectful friends who aim to be kind?
Not much. Everyone has their quirks. As long as they're not rude and they don't bore me, I don't mind.

What makes you laugh?
Funny things and situations. I know that kind of speaks for itself, but I don't really know what else to answer to that.

What gives you comfort?
Sleeping and GOOD physical contact. And with good physical contact I mean physical contact that isn't uncomfortable in some sort of way.

How are you, now?
Still okay, compared to my current circumstances.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
If this question has already been raised, please forgive me, but I haven't been here for a while.

What do you think differentiates an ESFP from an ENFP? :)

(If you have answered this question, please feel free to direct me to the post pages/numbers). And please quote me so I know you answered. :)

Bamboo

MBTI Type
XXFP
Do you like having guests over?

I had some couchsurfers over last night and I loved it. I like having some to cook for and entertain and show around town, even if it's sort of 'work'. But it makes a difference who they are, of course. They were a lot of fun.

Comeback Girl

Ratchet Ass Moon Fairy
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
If this question has already been raised, please forgive me, but I haven't been here for a while.

What do you think differentiates an ESFP from an ENFP? :)

(If you have answered this question, please feel free to direct me to the post pages/numbers). And please quote me so I know you answered. :)

This question has been asked before, but I'm a bit too lazy to look it up right now. ;)

However, I've been looking around on the internet to find what other people think are the differences, especially after some people asked me if I was sure about being an ESFP and not an ENFP. The things that I remember from that are mostly the things that don't apply to me, so that would be:
  • ENFPs are more serious than ESFPs. You can say a lot about me, but no way that anyone would ever call me serious! I also think ENFPs would be more willing to do more with their intelligence than ESFPs. When I was younger, it turned out that my IQ was 140, but no way that I wanted to put more effort in school work! I just wanted to have fun. Other kids I knew who had high IQs (not as high as mine though) were way more willing to show what they could with their brains. So when it comes to intellectual pursuits, I think ENFPs would overall accomplish way more than ESFPs, even if ESFPs would be more intelligent. ESFPs are way too preoccupied with having fun.
  • ENFPs and ESFPs have a different attitude to clothing. This is the point that eventually won me over: ENFPs wear them because they're ought to and they don't really think about it, while ESFPs are really conscious of their clothes and how they feel them on their bodies and they often don't even really like the feeling of clothes.
  • ENFPs have this way of being abstract and having their way with talking about ideas and metaphores and other things you can't see and touch. ESFPs are a bit more down to earth in my view when you look at them from that point. ESFPs say things the way they are.
  • Maybe ESFPs and ENFPs also view the world differently. Like I said ESFPs talk a bit more down to earth and realistic and if I compare myself to my fellow students (I think there is a pretty high Intuitive rate there), I pride myself on being more realistic then others. I see the world the way it is and I see the real possibilities, while others just seem to chase unrealistic ideals. That would be more of a S/N difference, I think.
  • I personally think ENFPs have different friendships than ESFPs. I like socializing with lots of people, but this rarely results in deep friendships. However, even if I see someone for the first time in a year, it's like nothing's changed (as far as I know, other ESFPs seem to feel the same way about it). If I had to compare ESFP friendships with food, I'd compare them to a Big Mac: not the most nutricious thing in the world, but if you leave it in the back of your truck for over a decade, it still hasn't gotten bad. ENFPs seem to have more deep connections, but they don't know how to react when they haven't seen you in a few months. Their friendships would be like strawberries: tasty and nutricious, but you can't keep them out of the fridge for over a week.

I think this list isn't complete yet, but I'll think about it.

Comeback Girl

Ratchet Ass Moon Fairy
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Do you like having guests over?

I had some couchsurfers over last night and I loved it. I like having some to cook for and entertain and show around town, even if it's sort of 'work'. But it makes a difference who they are, of course. They were a lot of fun.

If I were living on my own and I had a decent place, absolutely. But due to the circumstances I'm living in right now, I've actually been avoiding having guests over for ages. It's a pride thing.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Wow, thank you, [MENTION=19503]Comeback Girl[/MENTION], that really helps clarify matters. I had been struggling with this question for a really long time. If anything else jumps out at you, please let me know! (preferably with a quote or mention tags because I often get distracted).

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This question has been asked before, but I'm a bit too lazy to look it up right now. ;)

However, I've been looking around on the internet to find what other people think are the differences, especially after some people asked me if I was sure about being an ESFP and not an ENFP. The things that I remember from that are mostly the things that don't apply to me, so that would be:
  • ENFPs are more serious than ESFPs. You can say a lot about me, but no way that anyone would ever call me serious! I also think ENFPs would be more willing to do more with their intelligence than ESFPs. When I was younger, it turned out that my IQ was 140, but no way that I wanted to put more effort in school work! I just wanted to have fun. Other kids I knew who had high IQs (not as high as mine though) were way more willing to show what they could with their brains. So when it comes to intellectual pursuits, I think ENFPs would overall accomplish way more than ESFPs, even if ESFPs would be more intelligent. ESFPs are way too preoccupied with having fun.
  • ENFPs and ESFPs have a different attitude to clothing. This is the point that eventually won me over: ENFPs wear them because they're ought to and they don't really think about it, while ESFPs are really conscious of their clothes and how they feel them on their bodies and they often don't even really like the feeling of clothes.
  • ENFPs have this way of being abstract and having their way with talking about ideas and metaphores and other things you can't see and touch. ESFPs are a bit more down to earth in my view when you look at them from that point. ESFPs say things the way they are.
  • Maybe ESFPs and ENFPs also view the world differently. Like I said ESFPs talk a bit more down to earth and realistic and if I compare myself to my fellow students (I think there is a pretty high Intuitive rate there), I pride myself on being more realistic then others. I see the world the way it is and I see the real possibilities, while others just seem to chase unrealistic ideals. That would be more of a S/N difference, I think.
  • I personally think ENFPs have different friendships than ESFPs. I like socializing with lots of people, but this rarely results in deep friendships. However, even if I see someone for the first time in a year, it's like nothing's changed (as far as I know, other ESFPs seem to feel the same way about it). If I had to compare ESFP friendships with food, I'd compare them to a Big Mac: not the most nutricious thing in the world, but if you leave it in the back of your truck for over a decade, it still hasn't gotten bad. ENFPs seem to have more deep connections, but they don't know how to react when they haven't seen you in a few months. Their friendships would be like strawberries: tasty and nutricious, but you can't keep them out of the fridge for over a week.

I think this list isn't complete yet, but I'll think about it.

Wow, thank you, [MENTION=19503]Comeback Girl[/MENTION], that really helps clarify matters. I had been struggling with this question for a really long time. If anything else jumps out at you, please let me know! (preferably with a quote or mention tags because I often get distracted).

i'm sorry but this isn't really all that accurate besides her being more practical, down to earth and possibly less interested in intellectual pursuits.

what exactly did you feel like that clarified for you ll?

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i'm sorry but this isn't really all that accurate besides her being more practical, down to earth and possibly less interested in intellectual pursuits.

Ah thats interesting. I thought it was quite accurate for me as identifying with the ENFP comparrison. I'm often very serious (i can have fun too though). I care little about clothes for clothes... more about what they are representing than the actual clothes themselves or how I look asthetically.. though i suppose asthetics are subjective. But overall I did identify with that. I have noticed though that a lot of ENFP's feel quite differently to me on those areas... more in clothes and make up and fun fun fun...having many aquaintances etc. Maybe I'm just a boring old fruit.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ah thats interesting. I thought it was quite accurate for me as identifying with the ENFP comparrison. I'm often very serious (i can have fun too though). I care little about clothes for clothes... more about what they are representing than the actual clothes themselves or how I look asthetically.. though i suppose asthetics are subjective. But overall I did identify with that. I have noticed though that a lot of ENFP's feel quite differently to me on those areas... more in clothes and make up and fun fun fun...having many aquaintances etc. Maybe I'm just a boring old fruit.

maybe i was being a bit too harsh on it?? i can probably be more serious and can care less about clothes...idk but those seem like such small things.

the whole part about friendships is what really threw me. i can certainly maintain strong bonds with people that i haven't seen in very long periods or have even spoken with.

but i do think some enfps can be very into fashion and aesthetics. i can get into it...i appreciate all sorts of beautiful creative things.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
maybe i was being a bit too harsh on it?? i can probably be more serious and can care less about clothes...idk but those seem like such small things.

the whole part about friendships is what really threw me. i can certainly maintain strong bonds with people that i haven't seen in very long periods or have even spoken with.

but i do think some enfps can be very into fashion and aesthetics. i can get into it...i appreciate all sorts of beautiful creative things.

That bit i struggled with more. Once i forge friendships/relationships they can be strong for life. Sometimes though... if it is not made solid befor the m=next meeting things can be difficult and i can feel like i am starting again. Like new relationships... at first i'm finding where i am in relation to the other and if it's not firm it's like i have to reestablish every time we meet until it is forged.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

That sounds interesting... Elaborate??

(I just made this up, if it doesn't explain it well enough it is because... I just made it up)

You're both doing road work:

She is defining the path of the streets by laying down the stripes for the no-passing areas. You don't see any point in limiting where one should be able to pass or not. The fact that any stripes laid at all on the road cannot be the point of the road as it means something so much more and is irrelevant and shouldn't be focused upon, but to her these bullet points are what make the road, actually giving it a function in her eyes, thus giving it meaning.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
(I just made this up, if it doesn't explain it well enough it is because... I just made it up)

You're both doing road work:

She is defining the path of the streets by laying down the stripes for the no-passing areas. You don't see any point in limiting where one should be able to pass or not. The fact that any stripes laid at all on the road cannot be the point of the road as it means something so much more and is irrelevant and shouldn't be focused upon, but to her these bullet points are what make the road, actually giving it a function in her eyes, thus giving it meaning.

Okay yeah I thought you were saying something like that. That what it is is so much more intricate and profound and interesting than just that.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

Okay yeah I thought you were saying something like that. That what it is is so much more intricate and profound and interesting than just that.

I think though that what may be missed by Ne is that actually pointing out each difference can be extremely interesting in probably what is the most colloquial sense of the word. The most profound differences are still defined by these details, though it is somewhat difficult to distinguish the extraordinary from its sibling.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Well, hmm, okay, fair enough. I'm not really that well versed in this field anyway. I utilized imprecise language. What I should have said was, "I never really understood what made ESFPs different from ENFPs, and assuming that is all true, I now see what the distinction could be."

Comeback Girl

Ratchet Ass Moon Fairy
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Okay, maybe I'm not the right person to ask questions to that require lots of MBTI knowledge, because I don't know that much. At this point I'm still trying to figure out what types other people I know irl could be and I'm not sure I've figured it out well enough yet to do that accurately. So if you ask me about the differences between ESFPs and other types I'll try to compare myself with people who I think are that type, or in case I read something about what makes that type different than ESFPs, I try to remember what that article said about those differences.