User Tag List

First 12202122232432 Last

Thread: Ask an ESFP!

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    258 sx/so

I know this esfp that poses really weird in every photo! I swear, it's the male version of duck face (sexy pout face fail) and I've been wanting to say something. I work in a gym so whenever there's pics done at work, (he's a co-worker) it's just a little ridiculous. There's this guy looking like he's been spit right out of the sopranos with this bad ass look on his face, all muscles and bald. I just laugh and have to bite my lip because he thinks he looks sexy and everything. I'm not the only one who sees it. I caught other girls snickering about him the other day. And now I feel bad. I really wish I knew how to tell him he looks ridiculous. But I don't want to hurt his feelings. But I'll hurt more if he ever finds that most of the girls in the gym think he's a total dork, all pout face and everything. Other than this he's really a nice person, very sweet and respectful whenever he speaks with me. I don't know him all that well but he has a good work ethic. I just hate that he's so silly in pics, lol! I don't like hearing people gossip!

Ugh. I work in the weirdest place everrrrrr ...

So should I say something to him? Or leave it be?
    There'd be no method if there were no madness ...

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Stansmith View Post
    What type of things do you usually think about when you let your mind wander?
    Lately I've been imagining myself as a teenage girl.

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    How do you feel about Keirsey? Do you relate to how he describes the SP temperament, and how he describes the ESFP Performer?
    Keirsey was an extremely wise man who made a lot of very useful observations about people, and rose above my general distaste for psychologists to demonstrate an awful lot of actual useful knowledge. Yes, I relate to almost all of the SP temperament description and that of the ESFP. The only exceptions are those specific lifestyle things that I don't do, but even those I can see the motivations behind them, even if I'm not involved in the specific action.

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    What would you like to offer an introvert like Mole?
    I offer everyone the same thing, my entertaining awesometasticness.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Time View Post
    What kind of questions do you like?
    The kind like "Would you like 10 million dollars or 20 million dollars?" or "Would you like me to make you french toast or pancakes?"

Quote Originally Posted by senza tema View Post
    What's the best thing that happened to you today?
    My son gave me a hug.

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

If the moon were made of spareribs, and you were hungry, would you eat it?
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

Ratchet Ass Moon Fairy Comeback Girl's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    2w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    yolo Ni

@chubber
    How would one identify an ESFP from the ESFJ in the crowd at a party?
    ESFPs are the ones dancing (or telling people they're bored, that's usually me), ESFJs are the ones chatting (most of the time about their or other people's problems).

@Stansmith
    When you read a book or analyze any work of art, do you take things in literally, or do you get a 'sense' of whats beneath all of it (even if you can't articulate it)? Is a chair always a chair?
    I prefer taking things literally, but some people don't, so I guess I have to adapt to it sometimes. Idk, I think it goes quite naturally, except when people are being all über deep, in that case I tend to zone out, because it's boring.

@NKC
    I know this esfp that poses really weird in every photo! I swear, it's the male version of duck face (sexy pout face fail) and I've been wanting to say something. I work in a gym so whenever there's pics done at work, (he's a co-worker) it's just a little ridiculous. There's this guy looking like he's been spit right out of the sopranos with this bad ass look on his face, all muscles and bald. I just laugh and have to bite my lip because he thinks he looks sexy and everything. I'm not the only one who sees it. I caught other girls snickering about him the other day. And now I feel bad. I really wish I knew how to tell him he looks ridiculous. But I don't want to hurt his feelings. But I'll hurt more if he ever finds that most of the girls in the gym think he's a total dork, all pout face and everything. Other than this he's really a nice person, very sweet and respectful whenever he speaks with me. I don't know him all that well but he has a good work ethic. I just hate that he's so silly in pics, lol! I don't like hearing people gossip!
    Ugh. I work in the weirdest place everrrrrr ...
    So should I say something to him? Or leave it be?

I think I know that face, I usually call it the 'Justin Bieber'. But I'd let it be. I mean, it's good entertainment, right?

@msg_v2
    If the moon were made of spareribs, and you were hungry, would you eat it?
    Definitely. I love me some spareribs.
    Ewww is the new sexy

Hi! Ask me things, maybe I'll answer them! Just click here

And here's my functions: Se-Te-Fi-Fe-Ni-Ti-Ne-Si

failed poetry slam career chubber's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Quote Originally Posted by Comeback Girl View Post
    @chubber
    How would one identify an ESFP from the ESFJ in the crowd at a party?
    ESFPs are the ones dancing (or telling people they're bored, that's usually me), ESFJs are the ones chatting (most of the time about their or other people's problems).
    @Comeback Girl
    Are you happy or unhappy when you are bored? What happens during the time when you are bored? Do you go away from the party or do you wait for something to happen. Or anything else?

Quote Originally Posted by chubber View Post
    @Comeback Girl
    Are you happy or unhappy when you are bored? What happens during the time when you are bored? Do you go away from the party or do you wait for something to happen. Or anything else?
    How can anyone be happy when they're bored? This is a bizarre concept to me.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    Jodie Sweetin
    Pink (might be ESTP)
    JennaMarbles (might be ESTP)
    I think Jenna is ESTP. But I actually have not thought about Jodie Sweetin's personality at all! Why do you feel a connection with her and Pink?

Oh, and another question for both of you: what do you think of ESTPs in general? What parts of them do you relate to and what parts do you not? (This may or may not have been asked before)
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    When you think about the things you are going to do, how do you think about it? Do you imagine yourself doing it, anticipate how you will feel, try to predict the future, plan, etc.?
    I spend very little time thinking about the future really. I mean, if there's a football game or something coming up that I'm anticipating, I will sometimes imagine scenarios that could happen in the game in my head, but not usually for more than a few minutes. Overall, I just let life happen without too much anticipation one way or the other. If I start to anticipate something too much, it becomes like an obligation and then I don't want to do it any more.

Do you think there are any ESFP philosophers?
    Um...Bill & Ted maybe? "Be excellent to each other....Party on dude!" That's philosophy right?

How could an ESFP and an INTP possibly have anything to talk about? From what I've seen online, it's not as uncommon a combination as one might expect.
    Well, my INTP brother and I have found some things to talk about over the years. Many times it's computer or video game related stuff. He will often be willing to listen to me ramble on about whatever I'm interested in even though he doesn't care a whole lot about it just because he knows I like to talk and he seems to enjoy spending time with me every once in a while. Sometimes we'll watch the same movies and we can talk about those.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    *has been waiting for this moment for about 2-3 yrs*

*strategizes about how to extract as much information as possible before the ESFP flutters away*

As our opposites/shadow/anima, INTJs are often both repulsed by and oddly drawn to ESFPs; I've heard enough INTJs say this to know that's it's true (and Jungian theory would imply as much); we've never really had enough ESFPs on here to ask that question to, but my intuition is that I'm not sure the relationship is completely symmetrical... do you find that ESFPs experience a similar such dynamic?

*remembers that, oddly/coincidentally, he was thinking about starting a series of threads about this topic (one for each shadow pairing) this morning*
    Man, you sure put a lot of code stuff into your posts. It makes me lose the question in all that mess. But anyway, I don't know what you mean by a symmetrical relationship really, but I have not usually been repulsed by or oddly drawn to INTJs. My father is an INTJ so I suppose that casts a very large "shadow" over the type to me. But I have known others who were very different than my dad so I don't have some set archetype in mind for INTJs.

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    Are you generous? Do you like sport? What are your 5/10 favourites movies? What are your 5/10 favourites famous people? What's your Zodiac sign? (sun, rising sign, planets etc)
    Yes, I am generous. If I actually kept a tally, pretty much everyone in my office would owe me a ton of money. But I don't. Because I like giving people things and taking people out to lunch and movies and stuff like that. I also give to a lot of charities, some consistently and some spontaneously.

I like most sports at least a little but it kind of goes in phases like everything else I get into. Right now the main sport I follow is college football but I was following baseball until every team I cared about at all was eliminated from the playoffs.

Some of my favorite movies include Airplane!, Finding Nemo, The Truman Show, The Shawshank Redemption, Wreck-it Ralph, The Neverending Story, A Cinderella Story, Back to the Future, Mystery Date, The Last Starfighter, and The Tits That Saved XXX-mas.

Favorite famous people...hmmm..that's tough to narrow down. But I'll try. Norm MacDonald, Will Clark, Victoria Jackson, Dennis Miller, Phil Collins, Angie Savage, Jodie Sweetin, Dave Coulier, Andrea Evans, Ron Paul, John Ratzenberger, Stephen Baldwin...

My Zodiac sign is Leo. Chinese Zodiac - The Dragon. I don't know anything about rising signs, planets etc. I was born August 6, 1976 if somebody else wants to figure that out.